What happens when we get to 4-1?

AUght2win

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I will have a massive heart attack and die.

Oh yeah, anyone who "likes",,, I will remember.

You are too “smart” for that. 😂

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I just don’t think it is productive at all to fire any head coach in the middle of the season.  It’s not fair to the players.  Many would say it’s not fair to send them out on the field as poorly prepared as they were last week but it is what it is for the remainder of this season.  If you run him off now what happens the rest of the season?   Does anyone think one of the assistants could step in and do any better?  One assistant thought our D line could bull rush past the PSU O line.  Another thought our O line could block the PSU D line.  The DB’s and LBs were constantly out of position the whole second half.  The QB play was bad but look at the pressure they were under.  Our assistants were calling the plays on offense and defense.  So which one of them are you gonna  put in charge when you run the HC off?  It will just be a bigger mess than we already have.  I think back to the Terry Bowden fiasco.  Brother Oliver was worse and he was a very experienced coach.  Face it, we don’t have anyone who step in.  It would be a joke.  

Well it’s understood that letting a coach go midseason is messy and no one expects an assistant coach to come in and really produce any results at all. If we are to that point then the season is shot already. The purpose of firing the HC is to get a start on next season and try to salvage this disaster of a recruiting mess we are in. If the decision is made to fire Harsin midseason then it’s the bigger picture being looked at, not the W’s and L’s of this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

The 2003 Auburn Football team lost horribly to USC, at home, and then to Ga Tech the following week. They won 8 games that year so anything is possible. You all are just a bunch of soft as baby powder dudes who want to complain. You taste blood and now you want a kill. That may not happen despite your whining and crying. Until it happens, stop bellyaching! It has gotten old! 

This is not about being right, it's about getting behind this team and Coach to support them. 

I went to that Ga Tech game.

Towards the end of the game, someone sitting near us said "Who do y'all play next?" to another Auburn fan. A guy in a Vandy hat in front of us takes it off and points at it, with a cocky grin on his face. Idiot. Felt so good watching us destroy them (45-7). I think our first TD that year was in that game.

Edited by yngwie1995

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve been an Auburn fan long enough to expect the unexpected. The expected is for us to lose one or both of the next two. But with them both being at home against very beatable teams, I think there’s a good chance we find a way to win them. 

I’ll always root for Auburn to win. No matter what. And that’s what I’ll do Saturday and beyond. But it does seem like this may put us in a precarious spot. We can’t, nor should we, fire a 4-1 coach. But the writing is on the wall.

Or maybe going 4-1 would be exactly what we need. Maybe it calms the coaching change demands for a while, giving us time to hire an AD first. 

Regardless, I think it’ll be very hard for this team to make a bowl. I think Harsin needs 8 wins to survive. Even if he gets these next two, the last four are going to be tough to find.

4-1 sounds possible, then 4-8 or even 5-7  makes u more unhappy 

2 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

The 2003 Auburn Football team lost horribly to USC, at home, and then to Ga Tech the following week. They won 8 games that year so anything is possible. You all are just a bunch of soft as baby powder dudes who want to complain. You taste blood and now you want a kill. That may not happen despite your whining and crying. Until it happens, stop bellyaching! It has gotten old! 

This is not about being right, it's about getting behind this team and Coach to support them. 

Oh you mean one of the co-national champs that year? This is NOTHING like 2003. You can argue it made the results that year all the more egregious but at the end of the day when you have four future first rounders, it's a bit easier to bounce back.

Edited by AUwent

If we get to 4-1, I still think it’s likely we lose out the rest of the season aside from WKU. 5-7 or 6-6 is not going to be enough to save Harsin when the boosters want him out anyway. He’s going to have to win 7-8 regular season games to save his job, and it would take a major switch flip for that to happen.

If we pull 4-1 off, I think it guarantees he at least gets to finish off the regular season. 4-2 after UGA, it would really come down to how he does in the backstretch this time around. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Nothing softer than someone who takes sports predictions personally. No matter how bad you want Auburn to win, it will have no affect on their level of play. We aren’t on the team or in the locker room. I’ll never get why some of you try to police negative opinions or predictions.

• Like 2

I expect a lot on the ground.  Probably 60/40.  When we do need to pass, I think it will be quick slants, RB's out of the back field, and out routes.  Maybe we see the TE's involved over the middle, but that will depend on if the QB is feeling a lot of heat most of the day (ala Penn St.)  Only way we get out of the run heavy game plan is if we get behind early.  Part of the running game will include RA but they will limit the number of QB runs only because we need him for 60 minutes.  I do think that if RA is struggling (meaning multiple 3 and outs consecutively or turnovers), that they will trot HG out there to see what he can do.  At this point, Harsin is on life support and he doesn't have the luxury of holding anything back.  Lose this game (at home to a lesser opponent, albeit Missouri) and you have all but put a nail in your coffin. 

I never want to see Auburn lose but I am so ready to see Harsin move on and for us to begin to right the ship.  Watching Auburn play over the past few years has been very difficult, especially living overseas when the games are either 11:00pm, 2:30am, or 6:00am.  

Win this game close and Harsin probably hangs on until the bye week.  Win the following week against LSU and he might make it until the end of the year.  Lose this game and he likely is fired on Sunday.  This is just what I think will happen.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Again, 

What's best for Auburn is for CBH to be ultra successful. If he finds a way to turn this season and recruiting around, then that's freaking awesome! That means AUBURN is winning and has found some semblance of stability. 

Will it happen? I believe last Saturday showed it won't...BUT I SURE HOPE TO HELL HE DOES! 

Auburn's success should be all that matters.

Adjust feathers, straightens neck, stands tall...ok, ready to have my words twisted.

Y'all may not proceed...

Again, singular reaction emojis aren’t adequate here.

• Thanks 1

I just don't get some fans prematurely counting LSU as a win. Not saying that's what the OP was doing, however prior to last Saturday there were many attempting to count that as a win. 

If you think Penn State's DL gave us fits wait until LSU's gets through with us. 

14 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I just don't get some fans prematurely counting LSU as a win. Not saying that's what the OP was doing, however prior to last Saturday there were many attempting to count that as a win. 

If you think Penn State's DL gave us fits wait until LSU's gets through with us. 

Not a given we beat Mizzou either

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Just realized “Kansas tiger” and “Maryland tiger” - two new accounts agreeing with each other 🤔

maryland tiger's profile shows a 2003 create date. Not sure if that qualifies as "new" to you

• Haha 1

We are reaping what we sowed.....It's karma right now. We'll either learn and get better, or we'll pretend we don't need to change and get worse....that's it

13 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I’ve been an Auburn fan long enough to expect the unexpected. The expected is for us to lose one or both of the next two. But with them both being at home against very beatable teams, I think there’s a good chance we find a way to win them. 

I’ll always root for Auburn to win. No matter what. And that’s what I’ll do Saturday and beyond. But it does seem like this may put us in a precarious spot. We can’t, nor should we, fire a 4-1 coach. But the writing is on the wall.

Or maybe going 4-1 would be exactly what we need. Maybe it calms the coaching change demands for a while, giving us time to hire an AD first. 

Regardless, I think it’ll be very hard for this team to make a bowl. I think Harsin needs 8 wins to survive. Even if he gets these next two, the last four are going to be tough to find.

We have a well documented history of doing the unexpected or defying odds. Not a good feel about this situation. Hard to recall the pessimism we have today. Last Saturday like 1980 vs Tennessee. 

Edited by SaltyTiger

8 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

If we get to 4-1, I still think it’s likely we lose out the rest of the season aside from WKU. 5-7 or 6-6 is not going to be enough to save Harsin when the boosters want him out anyway. He’s going to have to win 7-8 regular season games to save his job, and it would take a major switch flip for that to happen.

Even WKU looks difficult. They led Indiana late in their game last week.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We are reaping what we sowed.....It's karma right now. We'll either learn and get better, or we'll pretend we don't need to change and get worse....that's it

Well, sadly I know what we usually do 😩

Edited by Tigers77