For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

Kirby went into a situation where the teams past 4 seasons were 12-2, 8-5, 10-3 and 10-3. Mark Richt was a pretty damn good coach and recruited well. Georgia just could not get over that last hurdle of finishing. The Alabama/Tennessee  games that were lost is something their fans could not get past and wanted change. When you have a stacked pantry it sure makes it easier. Kirby stumbled out of the gate at 8-5 but with the talent and the recruiting machine they had established they went on to 13-2, 11-3 and the championship year (they still lost to bama that year) seasons. 12-2 and 10-3 vs 13-2 and 10-3 within a few years of one another but different head coaches is a pattern of success. I'll wager money that if they had brought in several other coaches instead of Kirby that the winning would have been similar. I bring this up essentially to show how damn important it is to have a successful recruiting coach and no I do not have a favorite coaching candidate. Getting the top decision makers and influencers to be on the same page is the ONLY way we are going to establish a pattern of winning. Changing out head coaches is not the overall solution, it is only part of the problem. Maybe the up and ups should have united behind tubberville or chizik. There were problems but they sure could recruit. Unfortunately for them there were too many behind the scenes civil wars going on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

It’s interesting isn’t it??

Sidebar I ironically had a discussion with a Baylor fan about grimes at my grand rounds discussion..

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yea just having fun. Any interesting nuggets?

We can have him. But then he also said we should’ve kept Gus. 

30 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Very interesting that you find my comment interesting which means I’m a pretty interesting person who has interesting comments. It’s really interesting that all you can say is interesting because only interesting people know how to talk interestingly…

In actuality, me saying interesting to your comment has nothing to do with you and 100% to do with your comment.  I never attacked or belittled you at all. To infer otherwise is telling. 

If you'd like I'd be happy to dismantle your argument that Grimes won't be a good coach, but you already have your mind made up. There's truly no point. The irony of your comment is the best part 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We can have him. But then he also said we should’ve kept Gus. 

Yea, as I’ve posted elsewhere, Baylor fans are not fans of Grimes at all. I also disagree with keeping Gus though. It was time for us to move on from him, he had reached his potential here. However, Auburn messed up on the hire after him, but still, it was a good move to let go of Gus…

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

In actuality, me saying interesting to your comment has nothing to do with you and 100% to do with your comment.  

If you'd like I'd be happy to dismantle your argument that Grimes won't be a good coach, but you already have your mind made up. There's truly no point. The irony of your comment is the best part 

Interesting…

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Interesting…

I thought so to. You're the one that took issue. Glad you see it my way

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yea, as I’ve posted elsewhere, Baylor fans are not fans of Grimes at all. I also disagree with keeping Gus though. It was time for us to move on from him, he had reached his potential here. However, Auburn messed up on the hire after him, but still, it was a good move to let go of Gus…

Well his offense has taken a step back this year , which is fine. That definitely happens, I just wish it was presented with the same type of vigor we discuss the cons of other candidates. 

Just now, DAG said:

Well his offense has taken a step back this year , which is fine. That definitely happens, I just wish it was presented with the same type of vigor we discuss the cons of other candidates. 

Meta posted on this the other day. Let me try and find his response.

In actuality, me saying interesting to your comment has nothing to do with you and 100% to do with your comment.  

But really, I’ve actually read many Auburn fans’ write ups on Grimes and that hasn’t convinced me at all. I also know what many Baylor fans think of him so that holds more to me than anything people write about him. And finally I just watch Baylor’s offense and it’s nothing special. So yea, no need to explain why you want him, I saw that post. We’ll agree to disagree…

I thought so to. You're the one that took issue. Glad you see it my way

As I said, you and others will probably get your pick in Grimes, so no worries…

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

We’ll agree to disagree…

Happy to do so.  

My issue, is too many are dismissing factual things about each candidate just because they prefer another.  

Freeze, Grimes, Deion. It doesn't really matter. All three would be successful here for one reason or another. That said, there are other issues at play besides just a good coach.  

People dismissing their abilities and accomplishments is silly and it makes them look foolish.

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Getting back to Deion, did anyone see that Harsin quoted a Deion speech on his twitter? It’s either a troll job or lack of self awareness haha

Thought it was hilarious.  Definitely a trolling 

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Now do Venables.

Exactly!!!!   We’ve talked about this at least 100X!!!   A position coach, coordinator, and head coach have completely different skill sets, and a high level of success at one does not automatically mean success at another level.  
That’s why it’s a high priority to get someone with HC experience.  

There are several coordinators that will become successful HCs, but it’s difficult to tell until he does it.  That goes 1000X for fans who aren’t able to sit down and discuss vision, strategy, leadership, PR, and other factors with these potential candidates.   

• Like 1

Let's look at this a different way. Let's take 3 of the most talked about candidates.. Grimes, Deion and Freeze.. Which one has the highest probability of causing  us to kick ourself 5 yrs down the road for not hiring him. Kinda like we do with Kirby now. That may tell us who we need to hire

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

That goes 1000X for fans who aren’t able to sit down and discuss vision, strategy, leadership, PR, and other factors with these potential candidates.   

That's exactly why we need to trust the new AD and our University President. They will have information and insight that none of the rest of us have. I can live with Grimes or Sanders. Freeze, not so much. If they pull some other rabbit out of the hat, I'll support him too until he demonstrates otherwise.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Let's look at this a different way. Let's take 3 of the most talked about candidates.. Grimes, Deion and Freeze.. Which one has the highest probability of causing  us to kick ourself 5 yrs down the road for not hiring him. Kinda like we do with Kirby now. That may tell us who we need to hire

Prime has least risk and biggest upside of these 3.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's exactly why we need to trust the new AD and our University President. They will have information and insight that none of the rest of us have. I can live with Grimes or Sanders. Freeze, not so much. If they pull some other rabbit out of the hat, I'll support him too until he demonstrates otherwise.

Why not Freeze,? Like u said the Prez and AD will have info we don't have. Maybe they have info that debunks some of the things said or written about Freeze 

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This is how I feel. I have no problem with Grimes , but head to head with three of our coaching candidates , he is not above simply because he has zero coaching experience, and the other three have shown they can be successful. So my biggest comparison with him is Deion Sanders. What does that look like?