For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

4 hours ago, Butthead said:

Just imagine Prime recruiting metro Atlanta against bowl cut and midget.  In a Maybach.  Imagine.

Every thing I see online regarding his coaching speeches etc. Gets me pumped thinking what could be. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Just now, AUwent said:

Well, we can at least agree that we want Prime most.

There is too many supposedly decent options to settle at this juncture 

I was listening to a show in ESPNU radio on my way home from work and they Dennis Dodd discussing Deion’s potential at a Power 5 program. He made some good points: it would have to be at a school where they would allow Deion be who he is personality wise and be ok how huge of an icon he is. He also said that he thinks Deion will take a power 5 job sooner rather than later. After that, one of the hosts of the show said that he knows Deion personally and he is in awe of how well Deion is doing and discussed the staff that Deion could put together at a power 5 program. Basically he said it would be like an NFL program. So, nationally, people are starting to discuss Deion as a legitimate candidate for a power 5 soon. I say we need to at least interview him and get ahead of the curve…

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I was listening to a show in ESPNU radio on my way home from work and they Dennis Dodd discussing Deion’s potential at a Power 5 program. He made some good points: it would have to be at a school where they would allow Deion be who he is personality wise and be ok how huge of an icon he is. He also said that he thinks Deion will take a power 5 job sooner rather than later. After that, one of the hosts of the show said that he knows Deion personally and he is in awe of how well Deion is doing and discussed the staff that Deion could put together at a power 5 program. Basically he said it would be like an NFL program. So, nationally, people are starting to discuss Deion as a legitimate candidate for a power 5 soon. I say we need to at least interview him and get ahead of the curve…

Someone will get him soon and he will do very well. I just can't see it being Auburn, sadly. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Viper said:

Agreed. He won’t go north. Out of all the open / soon-to-be-open spots, I would rank AU his #1 landing spot. No bias. It’s just the logical next move for him. 

C'mon man, I want him (almost) as bad as y'all do but there's no way he doesn't pick FSU (if he goes anywhere at all).

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Someone will get him soon and he will do very well. I just can't see it being Auburn, sadly. 

I do know there are some big money donors who want Deion. How much influence or say they will have I don’t know. But yea, honestly, just knowing Auburn’s past with football coaches, I would be beyond shocked if Deion was named head coach for us…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not going to be freeze. I think it will be Grimes and if it is him , I would probably do the same thing you did with freeze. 

Yeah. While Grimes may be a very good position coach, if he was great, why has he not already been contacted by schools. Even the best coaches start out at small schools a lot of the time. Yes, after all these years I am pessimistic about the ability or the use of good sense, that AU will hire a coach that is truly one that can change the direction of what appears to be, by SEC standards a quickly sinking school. I appreciate the partial agreement DAG. True enough, splash hires don’t always equal great results, but when is the last time AU hired a coach considered a splash hire? Harsin was an outside the box hire. Splash hires tend to generate more positive reviews/opinions. Just my thoughts. 

2 hours ago, macus23 said:

Prime and Pearl... PERFECT!!!

Just imagine these 2 personalities together promoting Auburn. I say let Bruce go recruit Prime. 

If Bo Jackson  and Charles Barkley saddle up, then I would expect Prime to listen closely to the pitch. Anyone know who they are backing?

19 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I do know there are some big money donors who want Deion. How much influence or say they will have I don’t know. But yea, honestly, just knowing Auburn’s past with football coaches, I would be beyond shocked if Deion was named head coach for us…

Sound like the money men our as split as us. I consider that to be a good thing can then maybe we can have a fair and objective coaching search.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Every thing I see online regarding his coaching speeches etc. Gets me pumped thinking what could be. 

Same. I hope he gets a legit shot at this. 

At an emotional level, we can’t compete with Jax st or (potentially) fsu. But at a competitive level - sec (the acc has …. Clemson, we have that every week), nastiest rivals, brightest spotlight,  Pearl/Deion mania, and a major fixer upper with high end infrastructure - in sabans backyard. 

Again, put Bo (who he has major history with), Barkley, BP, AD, and a lawyer on a plane. My instincts are it can be done if we come up with other creative ways he can help the HCBUs. Ps he can do fsu in 8 years and close out there if he wants, AU is now

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

Well then we better pull for FSU to win at least four more (regular season) games.

This…can’t believe people are ignoring FSU, if Auburn is paying attention then so is FSU.

• Like 1

This parallels  w the Tennessee Kiffin track -- we get deion, we are on the come up and at the last minute season 2 we get the press conference "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to coach at fsu" 

Edited by ThurstontheWelshCorgi

31 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

If Bo Jackson  and Charles Barkley saddle up, then I would expect Prime to listen closely to the pitch. Anyone know who they are backing?

Yeah I can see them both backing Prime.

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

At an emotional level, we can’t compete with Jax st or (potentially) fsu. But at a competitive level - sec (the acc has …. Clemson, we have that every week), nastiest rivals, brightest spotlight,  Pearl/Deion mania, and a major fixer upper with high end infrastructure - in sabans backyard. 

Again, put Bo (who he has major history with), Barkley, BP, AD, and a lawyer on a plane. My instincts are it can be done if we come up with other creative ways he can help the HCBUs. Ps he can do fsu in 8 years and close out there if he wants, AU is now

I think AU has a good shot at Prime if we go all in. Just doesn't seem like something AU will do. Hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

I think AU has a good shot at Prime if we go all in. Just doesn't seem like something AU will do. Hope I'm wrong. 

Every self help book - is what you’re doing getting you what you want.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This parallels  w the Tennessee Kiffin track -- we get deion, we are on the come up and at the last minute season 2 we get the press conference "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to coach at fsu" 

He would definitely choose FSU at JSU but IDK what he would do if we hired him and they came calling. I def feel the concerns of some of our power brokers.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

He would definitely choose FSU at JSU but IDK what he would do if we hired him and they came calling. I def feel the concerns of some of our power brokers.

Same was said bout Kirby. Can't live in fear if Deion is the guy. Sign him up and don't worry about what might be

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Same was said bout Kirby. Can't live in fear if Deion is the guy. Sign him up and don't worry about what might be

Yeah the chance of him going to FSU would be lower if he was here instead of at JSU if/when that job comes open. That's def incentive to hire him!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Side note - And that worked out well for Lane….

Edited by auburnatl1

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is Deion a serious candidate for AU, in your opinion?  In other words, does he have enuf backing to get a interview?

Yes, he is being considered. How serious, I'm not sure. I'm not sure if he'll have an interview. That doesn't mean he won't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1