For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes, he is being considered. How serious, I'm not sure. I'm not sure if he'll have an interview. That doesn't mean he won't.

Anyone other than Grimes that will sure fire get an interview?

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Anyone other than Grimes that will sure fire get an interview?

I don't know 

1 hour ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I do know there are some big money donors who want Deion. How much influence or say they will have I don’t know. But yea, honestly, just knowing Auburn’s past with football coaches, I would be beyond shocked if Deion was named head coach for us…

Well we were shocked we got Pearl. I will never say never again 😆 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

This parallels  w the Tennessee Kiffin track -- we get deion, we are on the come up and at the last minute season 2 we get the press conference "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to coach at fsu" 

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He would definitely choose FSU at JSU but IDK what he would do if we hired him and they came calling. I def feel the concerns of some of our power brokers.

I keep seeing all these posts about what if we hire him and FSU etc come calling...you do what they do in all these contracts that you know that could be a possibility like Dabo's contract - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/a-closer-look-at-the-alabama-clause-in-dabo-swinney-s-clemson-contract/ar-AA11Cjos

It has a specific buyout for him leaving for Bama, now I'm sure they have the pockets that could pay the fee if they wanted him but still you do something like that and not worry about all the "what ifs". Prime is my number one choice and all the what ifs are just that, sign him and get him going HERE at Auburn and enjoy what I think would be a fun ride, maybe it works out and maybe it doesn't but really at this point IMHO it would really bring some overdue excitement back into our program which is solely needed RIGHT NOW. You have Prime with our new facilities coming on line, I think from a recruiting standpoint it would garner instant positive attention, lets get this done NOW....:)

Just my .02, I have no sway but right now there is nothing to be excited about with the current football program and thats a pretty sad state.

primetime.jpg

• Like 2

I think AU has a ton of appeal (of course I’m also biased).  But think about this….

If I want to prove to the world I am the best.  And a program with the rich history, facilities, resources, league, recruiting footprint, etc.  as AU comes calling.   I coach against Sabin and Kirby every single year (2 considered the very best, along with Jimbo, Kiffin, BKelley, etc. every year), is there a better opportunity in America to prove you are the best?…..not many!   We could easily work out the other details needed to make this happen.   I am like others on here, I’m not sure the AUAD is going to put it all together and make it happen.   But I think it could definitely happen if our leadership is willing to make it happen.  

• Like 1

One more thing to note which I know doesnt matter etc, but the man is also in canton in the pro football hall of fame, how many coaches on the recruiting trail can say that....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Sound like the money men our as split as us. I consider that to be a good thing can then maybe we can have a fair and objective coaching search.

I would like to say though, no one knows who exactly Dr. Roberts and the AD will go after. Just like any search, the people with money will have their names but what I know is that this is going to be the new AD’s decision ultimately. So any lists people are reading right now means nothing. Yes, there are favorites among people who have money, but there is no list. Like I said, the people I know have said they have heard Deion’s name by multiple people who have influence. Does that mean Deion will be given an interview or even considered for the job by the new AD? No, none at all. So, again, these discussions are just for fun for all of us Auburn fans because there is no official list or favorite because we haven’t even hired our new AD, who will be the one making the hire…

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I would like to say though, no one knows who exactly Dr. Roberts and the AD will go after. Just like any search, the people with money will have their names but what I know is that this is going to be the new AD’s decision ultimately. So any lists people are reading right now means nothing. Yes, there are favorites among people who have money, but there is no list. Like I said, the people I know have said they have heard Deion’s name by multiple people who have influence. Does that mean Deion will be given an interview or even considered for the job by the new AD? No, none at all. So, again, these discussions are just for fun for all of us Auburn fans because there is no official list or favorite because we haven’t even hired our new AD, who will be the one making the hire…

Fair , but I don’t for a second believe the AD will not be influenced by money shakers. For sure, he has the final decision but it solely won’t be his own

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

P Marshall seconds what u posted 

25 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I keep seeing all these posts about what if we hire him and FSU etc come calling...you do what they do in all these contracts that you know that could be a possibility like Dabo's contract - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/a-closer-look-at-the-alabama-clause-in-dabo-swinney-s-clemson-contract/ar-AA11Cjos

It has a specific buyout for him leaving for Bama, now I'm sure they have the pockets that could pay the fee if they wanted him but still you do something like that and not worry about all the "what ifs". Prime is my number one choice and all the what ifs are just that, sign him and get him going HERE at Auburn and enjoy what I think would be a fun ride, maybe it works out and maybe it doesn't but really at this point IMHO it would really bring some overdue excitement back into our program which is solely needed RIGHT NOW. You have Prime with our new facilities coming on line, I think from a recruiting standpoint it would garner instant positive attention, lets get this done NOW....:)

Just my .02, I have no sway but right now there is nothing to be excited about with the current football program and thats a pretty sad state.

primetime.jpg

Completely agree!!

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well we were shocked we got Pearl. I will never say never again 😆 

Oh trust me, my friends and I were completely shocked when we hired him. He was the most obvious choice and somehow I knew we would screw up that hire, haha. That’s been the only time since I’ve been following Auburn sports where we hired the person I was wanting. The caveat though is that I think it’s easier for the Auburn administration to take a risk in basketball than football. Auburn, outside of Harsin, in the past 13 years seem to go after who is familiar with Auburn and go for a “safe” pick. I wanted Kirby before we got Gus and I remember being so upset when that happen. So, now, I just have expectations of Auburn doing the safe hire and we’ll continue to be in purgatory of mediocrity like we have been for the past 8 years. Deion just makes too much sense and the potential is through the roof on what he could bring here. However, ultimately, I just think Auburn is too conservative to make what they consider is a risky hire, although I believe the other candidates people have mentioned are all risky hires and not one could compare to Deion to the immediate positive impact on recruiting and brand he could bring to Auburn…

33 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

do what they do in all these contracts that you know that could be a possibility like Dabo's contract - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/a-closer-look-at-the-alabama-clause-in-dabo-swinney-s-clemson-contract/ar-AA11Cjos

It has a specific buyout for him leaving for Bama, now I'm sure they have the pockets that could pay the fee if they wanted him but still you do something like that and not worry about all the "what ifs". primetime.jpg

A good agent / attorney would say "no deal with that language" and we would have to capitulate but i like the idea and its worth attempting to lock them out unless he throws a fit about it.

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

A good agent / attorney would say "no deal with that language" and we would have to capitulate but i like the idea and its worth attempting to lock them out unless he throws a fit about it.

Well it's in Dabo Sweeneys contract - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/a-closer-look-at-the-alabama-clause-in-dabo-swinney-s-clemson-contract/ar-AA11Cjos

3 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Its a great idea and if it works then great, i agree you gotta try and get it in there

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Fair , but I don’t for a second believe the AD will not be influenced by money shakers. For sure, he has the final decision but it solely won’t be his own

Of course, like I said, whomever is the AD will be having people in their ears who they want. Just really skeptical myself about who we’ll get. The football hired we’ve had have all been very underwhelming hires and I just expect more of the same. Hopefully I’ll get shocked and we hire the person I’m wanting in Deion hahahaha…

• Like 1

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Of course, like I said, whomever is the AD will be having people in their ears who they want. Just really skeptical myself about who we’ll get. The football hired we’ve had have all been very underwhelming hires and I just expect more of the same. Hopefully I’ll get shocked and we hire the person I’m wanting in Deion hahahaha…

I don't believe it for a second unfortunately. It would be a great and change of pace too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Give him a real interview too. That is my worry. I have a sneaky feeling the coach is already picked..

I can’t help but grin at the thought of Prime Time showing up to interview at Auburn.  He’ll stroll in decked in fine set of threads and a ton of swag emitting into the room.  That bunch of dry, old men won’t know what hit them.:party:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, keesler said:

I can’t help but grin at the thought of Prime Time showing up to interview at Auburn.  He’ll stroll in decked in fine set of threads and a ton of swag emitting into the room.  That bunch of dry, old men won’t know what hit them.:party:

If prime gets an interview and doesn't get an offer...we know the fix is in

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't believe it for a second unfortunately. It would be a great and change of pace too.

Yea, agree. All things being equal, if I was making the decision, I would ask myself who has the highest ceiling and/or potential? That to me is a no brainer answer and it’s Deion…

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

If he does get a legit interview there is no doubt in my mind that he would  probably be head and shoulders above everybody else that interviewed. IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly. He already interviewed last year with power 5 schools but they were thinking he was too risky. He’s one of the most driven people in all of sports. He wants to be the best coach and I have no doubt he’ll be successful wherever he goes…

• Like 1

Exactly. He already interviewed last year with power 5 schools but they were thinking he was too risky. He’s one of the most driven people in all of sports. He wants to be the best coach and I have no doubt he’ll be successful wherever he goes…

I hope it's Auburn I really do. He is my #1 choice which means he probably won't even be interviewed. 😞

• Like 1

I’ve seen this a couple times. Is it known where he interviewed? Wasn’t sure if I just missed it or it’s super secret Illuminati info or what lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

If he does get a legit interview there is no doubt in my mind that he would  probably be head and shoulders above everybody else that interviewed. IMO.

The sad thing is that I don’t know if that will matter. When it comes to football hires, Auburn goes with familiarity and safe, not risk (I don’t count Harsin because that was by an AD who went rogue and didn’t consult anyone). Like I said, many schools are interested but are hesitant because he’s only been coaching for a little over 2 years in college, which I understand, but I think they are not thinking of the potential he has which is a mistake…

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

The sad thing is that I don’t know if that will matter. When it comes to football hires, Auburn goes with familiarity and safe, not risk (I don’t count Harsin because that was by an AD who went rogue and didn’t consult anyone). Like I said, many schools are interested but are hesitant because he’s only been coaching for a little over 2 years in college, which I understand, but I think they are not thinking of the potential he has which is a mistake…

Same, I've seen it time and time again and it's so frustrating, I love Auburn I do but damnit Auburn we could be so much better if we would just get out of our own way. 

• Like 1