For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I hope it's Auburn I really do. He is my #1 choice which means he probably won't even be interviewed. 😞

Same here. To me he has all of the intangibles that none of the other candidates posses. I mean, the worst thing would be that he flames out and leaves the next coach with a loaded roster. Like you, I doubt he gets a chance to even interview…

• Love 1

Just now, Auburnguy101 said:

Same here. To me he has all of the intangibles that none of the other candidates posses. I mean, the worst thing would be that he flames out and leaves the next coach with a loaded roster. Like you, I doubt he gets a chance to even interview…

I said that same thing like two weeks ago that the worst thing is he either leaves in three years or he flames out but he will get recruits to sign with us and leave with a full roster, way better then where he found it. 

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

The sad thing is that I don’t know if that will matter. When it comes to football hires, Auburn goes with familiarity and safe, not risk (I don’t count Harsin because that was by an AD who went rogue and didn’t consult anyone). Like I said, many schools are interested but are hesitant because he’s only been coaching for a little over 2 years in college, which I understand, but I think they are not thinking of the potential he has which is a mistake…

I've seen that about Greene going rogue I wish he had gone rogue and hired Deion, lol. I mean how good woud that have been but noooo, he hires Harsin...lol.  If that's not JABA I do not know what is..

16 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Same, I've seen it time and time again and it's so frustrating, I love Auburn I do but damnit Auburn we could be so much better if we would just get out of our own way. 

Again, I understand the hesitation with Deion, but the thing is Deion is starting to get national recognition. If you listen to sports shows they talk about his potential and what he could do at a power 5 program. I’ll be honest, this time last year if you had told me that I would be wanting Deion as a head coach I thought I had lost my mind. However, I’ve been following him and his team for a year now and it’s just ridiculous what he has done at Jackson State, a place that had no winning seasons for 8 years, and now they are the powerhouse in the SWAC. Not only that, the staff and structure he has instilled is unbelievable for most programs, let alone a SWAC program. I just think what he could do here and it would be the first time in at least 8 years that I would be optimistic about Auburn football…

Edited by Auburnguy101
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I said that same thing like two weeks ago that the worst thing is he either leaves in three years or he flames out but he will get recruits to sign with us and leave with a full roster, way better then where he found it. 

Exactly. There’s no sure fire coach this cycle. There’s not a Kirby, Lincoln Riley, etc. that you knew they would be successful. All of these coaches have big flaws. So, the next thing you go to is who do you think would take advantage of NIL and go toe to toe with the top programs. To me, it’s such an easy answer that Deion is head and shoulders the obvious choice…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

I've seen that about Greene going rogue I wish he had gone rogue and hired Deion, lol. I mean how good woud that have been but noooo, he hires Harsin...lol.  If that's not JABA I do not know what is..

At the time, I wouldn’t have hired Deion, haha. But yea, the hot tub meeting with Harsin was all Green needed to hire him haha 

3 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Exactly. There’s no sure fire coach this cycle. There’s not a Kirby, Lincoln Riley, etc. that you knew they would be successful. All of these coaches have big flaws. So, the next thing you go to is who do you think would take advantage of NIL and go toe to toe with the top programs. To me, it’s such an easy answer that Deion is head and shoulders the obvious choice…

Kirby wasn’t a sure thing. He’d never been an HC.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

He was literally Saban’s right hand man. Their defense was and never has been the same since he left. Yes, he didn’t have any coaching experience, but anyone with any football IQ knew Kirby was going to be an elite head coach and it’s too bad we didn’t choose him…

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’ve seen this a couple times. Is it known where he interviewed? Wasn’t sure if I just missed it or it’s super secret Illuminati info or what lol. 

I know for a fact he interviewed for the Arkansas job. I honestly can’t remember the others…

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

He was literally Saban’s right hand man. Their defense was and never has been the same since he left. Yes, he didn’t have any coaching experience, but anyone with any football IQ knew Kirby was going to be an elite head coach and it’s too bad we didn’t choose him…

Now do Venables.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Now do Venables.

Different situations. I’m not big on Brent at all, didn’t see much that would make him be elite. However, in his defense, Lincoln Riley took almost half the team with him to USC. It’s also very difficult to judge almost coaches in their first year. Yea, he’s struggling, come back next year and see if he’s made any progress or not…

8 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Different situations. I’m not big on Brent at all, didn’t see much that would make him be elite. However, in his defense, Lincoln Riley took almost half the team with him to USC. It’s also very difficult to judge almost coaches in their first year. Yea, he’s struggling, come back next year and see if he’s made any progress or not…

My point is, someone who’s never been a head coach may be a good bet, but can’t be a sure thing.

• Like 3

Just now, TexasTiger said:

My point is, someone who’s never been a head coach may be a good bet, but can’t be a sure thing.

I agree with that. But there are also signs that you know that coordinator is going to be successful. It’s all a crapshoot honestly. For every Lincoln Riley, you have a Will Muschamp or Jim McElwain. For every Josh Heupel you have a Tom Herman and Scott Frost. Unless you hire someone who has championships on their resume at a big time program, then it’s really a guess…

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

I agree with that. But there are also signs that you know that coordinator is going to be successful. It’s all a crapshoot honestly. For every Lincoln Riley, you have a Will Muschamp or Jim McElwain. For every Josh Heupel you have a Tom Herman and Scott Frost. Unless you hire someone who has championships on their resume at a big time program, then it’s really a guess…

And Frost & Herman did great at a lower level.

9 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Well all of a sudden head coaching experience is overrated. That wasn't the case last spring though. I consider Deion Sanders a major, major anomaly in the schematic of things,

Edited by DAG
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well all of a sudden head coaching experience is overrated. That wasn't the case last spring though. I consider Deion Sanders a major, major anomaly in the schematic of things,

Oh yea, I agree. I don’t think we have seen a coach like Deion in college football. The people who don’t want him are those who have not progressed with what college football has become. Deion has the intangibles that no coach can compete with in this cycle. Just watch his videos and the games and you’ll see a coach who has the “IT” factor. Also, is it any coincidence that JSU’s nickname are the Tigers? Maybe a good sign for us? Hahaha…

• Love 1

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Kirby has done well. But UGA was always a recruiting sleeping giant.  Should have been dominant 30-40 yrs ago. And he brought with him pre baked recruiting relationships from bama.  He could pivot immediately. No doubt hes much better than Richt and he’s starved us of Ga talent, but that’s as far as I’d go.  

If we got Deion - recruiting  vs Kirby.  Kinda like our chances.  A lot.

Edited by auburnatl1

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

C'mon man, I want him (almost) as bad as y'all do but there's no way he doesn't pick FSU (if he goes anywhere at all).

Working for your alma mater certainly has its perks doesn't it?

ThunderousQualifiedChevrotain.webp

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Yes, he didn’t have any coaching experience, but anyone with any football IQ knew Kirby was going to be an elite head coach ...

Interesting 

• Haha 3

No need to get all up arms yet. Certain big $ people may have favorites. But the Prez is only focusing on finding an AD right now. Any conjecture about who is a leading  candidate for coach, is just guessing at this point. A little birdie told me this.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

but anyone with any football IQ knew Kirby was going to be an elite head coach 

Insert:   Muschamp, McElwain, "Cutty" Sark (so far), Mullen....etc

Kirby was not a no-brainer, cant-miss guy at the time.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

No-brainer, cannot-miss coaches are a rarity, even among those with P5 head coaching experience.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Interesting 

Very interesting that you find my comment interesting which means I’m a pretty interesting person who has interesting comments. It’s really interesting that all you can say is interesting because only interesting people know how to talk interestingly…

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Very interesting that you find my comment interesting which means I’m a pretty interesting person who has interesting comments. It’s really interesting that all you can say is interesting because only interesting people know how to talk interestingly…

Interesting 🤔 

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Like I said, there are some guys you can see as coordinators that just have the “IT” factor. Kirby and Lincoln Riley are two that were pretty obvious that were going to be successful…