For all the Coach Prime fans …

RunInRed

17 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

With the way football is in the south now and pre HS is basically AAU I promise you Sanders knows EVERYONE that’s the “who’s who”

Considering the realistic candidates, there is no other candidate who can out-recruit Prime. It’s not even close.

And as I keep saying about lack of experience, he has the unparalleled clout to surround himself with assistants who do. He, like Saban, can be the delegator and let his assistants do their jobs. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Considering the realistic candidates, there is no other candidate who can out-recruit Prime. It’s not even close.

And as I keep saying about lack of experience, he has the unparalleled clout to surround himself with assistants who do. He, like Saban, can be the delegator and let his assistants do their jobs. 

I finally agree with everything you say in a comment 🤣

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Sadly, I think this is accurate.  Skin color and the fact that he is outspoken is intolerable to many.

I don’t think the color of his skin is the issue at all. Outspoken? Maybe, but if people thought he could be ready to win games in the SEC it wouldn’t matter. Who knows? He might get a shot to prove it. 

• Like 2

Prime is the ONLY potential candidate that significantly moves the needle in terms of recruiting, marketing, and NIL.  Kiffin moves the needle, but nothing to this extent.  We would be THE story on ESPN for months.  Hire a bad ass AD and get this fricking thing done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4

Cody ( Prime Time ) is not leaving Jackson St.  He has unfinished business there and wants to see it through. He doesn’t need the money, he seems to really enjoy what he is doing and I don’t see home wanting to take on the stress that comes with coaching at Auburn. JMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Prime is the ONLY potential candidate that significantly moves the needle in terms of recruiting, marketing, and NIL.  Kiffin moves the needle, but nothing to this extent.  We would be THE story on ESPN for months.  Hire a bad ass AD and get this fricking thing done.

Agree 1000%. Deion has the highest ceiling by far with the ability to drastically move the needle. He’s the obvious game changer. Lane would be a distant 2 as far as moving the needle but I’d still be really happy with it, and then there’s another big drop off to the rest of the remaining reasonable candidates. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Cody ( Prime Time ) is not leaving Jackson St.  He has unfinished business there and wants to see it through. He doesn’t need the money, he seems to really enjoy what he is doing and I don’t see home wanting to take on the stress that comes with coaching at Auburn. JMO

This may be true, but it would be a mistake to pre-judge. 

If he's willing to interview, you darn well give him an interview. And if he shows real interest, he absolutely should be strongly considered.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

This may be true, but it would be a mistake to pre-judge. 

If he's willing to interview, you darn well give him an interview. And if he shows real interest, he absolutely should be strongly considered.

Give him a real interview too. That is my worry. I have a sneaky feeling the coach is already picked..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Since there is no absolute freeze and it does not seem Matt will coach this upcoming year, I think you have to seriously go with prime.

Like u said. No preconceived notions... Give top 3 candidates sit down interviews.  Deion has to be in top 3.  Do homework and research all 3 from A to Z.. Then make the best decision.  But,if it's true, they already have their choice. Then no dog and pony show saying we interviewed all 3 and choose Coach so and so.. In other words, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining 

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Like u said. No preconceived notions... Give top 3 candidates sit down interviews.  Deion has to be in top 3.  Do homework and research all 3 from A to Z.. Then make the best decision.  But,if it's true, they already have their choice. Then no dog and pony show saying we interviewed all 3 and choose Coach so and so.. In other words, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining 

If it is between DS and JG, it is a no brainer. I truly feel that JG is not the way to go. It’s a vicious cycle. 

3 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

This. Prime would be a super awesome hire but some here need to be prepared for the very real possibility that he's just not interested.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Give him a real interview too. That is my worry. I have a sneaky feeling the coach is already picked..

I could see that too, which leads me to believe it is a non exciting hire as usual. If it is indeed Freeze, I don’t think I will keep paying any attention to anything related to AU football anymore. He’s no different than GM and even has character issues. Is that what this University wants? If he’s hired, it would be hell or hard to argue otherwise. Just a couple of dimes worth. 

4 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

I have already linked two articles and a video in this thread where he (Prime) said he has already interviewed for three P5 programs and his goal is to move up. What else does he need to say?

No one but him knows where he’ll be next season, but I would be floored if he’s still at Jackson State this time next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

I have already linked two articles and a video in this thread where he (Prime) said he has already interviewed for three P5 programs and his goal is to move up. What else does he need to say?

No one but him knows where he’ll be next season, but I would be floored if he’s still at Jackson State this time next year.

I do think he wants to stay somewhere in the south. No proof of that but could see him turning down say a Wisconsin Or Nebraska job

35 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I do think he wants to stay somewhere in the south. No proof of that but could see him turning down say a Wisconsin Or Nebraska job

Well then we better pull for FSU to win at least four more (regular season) games.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Well then we better pull for FSU to win at least four more (regular season) games.

On another note, this says that it's down to Hartwell, Benedict, McGlynn, and an "unnamed candidate" (likely TJ 🤮). Does the news that came out about USU yesterday change anything?

I could see the fsu thing. Someone mentioned Norvells buyout being 20mil so not sure if they’d have the pockets for that though. That being said could you imagine if jimbos seat gets hotter though?

12 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I could see the fsu thing. Someone mentioned Norvells buyout being 20mil so not sure if they’d have the pockets for that though. That being said could you imagine if jimbos seat gets hotter though?

Yeah they're in a similar boat to us in that regard. But come on. If it's between us and FSU who do you think he's going to choose? That's part of why I just think Prime to Auburn is too awesome to happen, and that's not necessarily "JABA."

Edited by AUwent
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Yeah they're in a similar boat to us in that regard. But come on. If it's between us and FSU who do you think he's going to choose? That's part of why I just think Prime to Auburn is too awesome to happen, and that's not necessarily "JABA."

Realistically I don’t think fsu pulls that trigger but who knows

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Agreed. He won’t go north. Out of all the open / soon-to-be-open spots, I would rank AU his #1 landing spot. No bias. It’s just the logical next move for him. 

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Agreed. He won’t go north. Out of all the open / soon-to-be-open spots, I would rank AU his #1 landing spot. No bias. It’s just the logical next move for him. 

All points to that. There’s also the under armour connection. Pure speculation again but would make sense for a guy like him to represent their “brand” at a higher level as well 

2 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I could see that too, which leads me to believe it is a non exciting hire as usual. If it is indeed Freeze, I don’t think I will keep paying any attention to anything related to AU football anymore. He’s no different than GM and even has character issues. Is that what this University wants? If he’s hired, it would be hell or hard to argue otherwise. Just a couple of dimes worth. 

It’s not going to be freeze. I think it will be Grimes and if it is him , I would probably do the same thing you did with freeze. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s not going to be freeze. I think it will be Grimes and if it is him , I would probably do the same thing you did with freeze. 

Well, we can at least agree that we want Prime most.