Positives

gr82b4au

So we all know the negatives, and there will probably be a change soon, but I want to talk about the positives in this game. 
- the schemes were Much better. 4 wide with a running qb gives him room to run, throw

- when the play broke down was when we had the long plays. Throwing on the run seems to be his comfort level

- 27 ran hard and looked good 

- the new OL shakeup was not that bad, looked much better than the last 4 weeks 

- the defense minus the linebackers was lights out. That was what I was expecting to see all year. 

• Like 9

i did not have a heart attack so i am thankful.

• Haha 2

Take away the turnovers and I believe this was a really good game. 400+ yards on offense and keeping LSU in check is good game plan and management (minus not punting on two 4th downs). But the TURNOVERS, geeze that can't happen and expect to win. I think we improved from the week before minus the gifts given to LSU.

• Like 5

Good game day atmosphere represented to the handful of prospective players who attended or watched.

We know we have a shot at winning a game stopped at halftime for some natural disaster.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Dylan Cardwell continues to be my favorite athlete at Auburn. The amount of support he shows for all Auburn sports is insane.

Can we buy him some shirts??? Doesn’t seem to have any 

• Haha 1

First 25 minutes or so was a thing of beauty.  But we had all seen this song and dance before.  I think 90% of the AU faithful knew the outcome of that game when Ashford fumbled and they got 7. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The fans are still showing up and creating a great atmosphere. That, plus the opening of the new Football Performance Center should be appealing to HC candidates. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wareagle7298 said:

First 25 minutes or so was a thing of beauty.  But we had all seen this song and dance before.  I think 90% of the AU faithful knew the outcome of that game when Ashford fumbled and they got 7. 

Yea, OC should have called a different fumble play.

• Haha 2

I thought the defense played very well.  Plenty good enough to easily win the game except for the turnovers by the offense.  I thought the O line showed significant improvement with Council at center.  He had a few bad snaps but that was to be expected with it being his first game there.  He made the whole group better.  I thought Ashford played like a very talented freshman.  Moments of greatness followed by terrible mistakes.  I thought the game plan overall was very good but some of the play calling when the team got close to the goal line was ridiculous.  Trying to be cute instead of relying on what got them down there cost us the game.  

Edited by weagl1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

The student section showed up and showed out! Glad for them they got to swag surf while the game was still in doubt. Speaking for myself and those around me we knew the game was over when LSU went ahead- pretty sad as I have witnessed many great 4th quarter comebacks over the years in Jordan Hare. I have been attending games since Shug and he is the worst coach we have had in my lifetime. It is not even close. Hopefully we can move on from him sooner rather than later. But War Eagle always- 

• Like 1

Ashford made some nice throws. When Finley gets healthy Ashford will have more liberty to run. Right now he can't use his legs(big weapon) too much because we don't have a good backup.

• Like 1