Let's get to the bottom -insider information

Taker

13 minutes ago, Auburnguy101 said:

but when said offense played against a good team, that offensive production dropped significantly

I don’t know if I over looked this but based on his track record , I didn’t see this. I know this season , things have regressed due to the loss of personnel. That stuff happens. But he consistently has put up gaudy #s offensively from what I can tell. 

I also want to say HF has been winning with 2nd and 3rd string QBs at Liberty this year. I know he got crap for only winning 8 games with an NFL QB last year. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rophle said:

According to Wikipedia, grimes started his coaching career at the high school ranks. No thanks, we don’t need to go down that road again. 

Three years ago?

29 minutes ago, rophle said:

According to Wikipedia, grimes started his coaching career at the high school ranks. No thanks, we don’t need to go down that road again. 

Cam Newton started his playing career in HS. Should have never signed him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

IMO, Grimes would be a very solid hire.  Same ilk as Cristobol last cycle (he is the guy I really wanted last time).  I just think Prime has so much more upside.  Potentially another BP.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

See how that logic doesn’t really work for you? 

No not really, you changed my words. 😒

You can believe what you wanna believe bro I just gave my two cents like you did. 

Who wouldn’t want to be called an “insider”?  Friggin cool!!! That’s what I want to be when I grow up

image.gif.574f39658e69e89690c1174b730e910d.gif

Edited by auburnatl1

If you can get Primetime and, you don't hire him,,, it is a colossal mistake.

Evaluating/recruiting is everything in today's game.

Good coaching can make you competitive but, without the best talent, you cannot get to the playoffs, not from the SEC.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know if I over looked this but based on his track record , I didn’t see this. I know this season , things have regressed due to the loss of personnel. That stuff happens. But he consistently has put up gaudy #s offensively from what I can tell. 

I also want to say HF has been winning with 2nd and 3rd string QBs at Liberty this year. I know he got crap for only winning 8 games with an NFL QB last year. 

I get that injuries happen, I honestly do, but I believe outside of 2020 and parts of  2021, his offenses struggled against many of the teams who had a defense.I mean, the last 6 games of last Baylor won not because of their offense but because of their defense. I know his offense is good but I also have a hard time not to think many of his offenses look because they play against no defenses. Also, like I’ve said, he reminds me of Gus where he’s a good offensive coordinator but does it translate to being a head coach and it’s a red flag that he’s been in the coaching business this long and has no head coaching experience. As for Hugh, that’s a non starter for me. On the field, he’s no better than Gus and then off the field, don’t even get me started…

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Who wouldn’t want to be called an “insider”?  Friggin cool!!! That’s what I want to be when I grow up

image.gif.574f39658e69e89690c1174b730e910d.gif

You can be an insider. 

Go to Auburn right now and start hiding in the bushes at the athletic complex...peek into windows...see who comes in and out. 

See if you can get in the building behind someone who badges you in and roam the halls listening in on conversations. 

Report back here with your findings. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

See if you can get in the building behind someone who badges you in and roam the halls listening in on conversations. 

Technique #1. Technique 2 is to see if the money guys have any ex’s  on Tinder who’ve got the real AU scoop. Being an insider also means making …sacrifices for the greater good.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

The last national championship he was a part of was at Auburn, which was similar to Gus. So that’s why some feel it’s a bit reminiscent of a JABA hire, and does not move the needle like a Deion Sanders.

BINGO

• Like 1

None of the main three, realistically are bad hires on potential alone: HF, JG, DS.

However, for each of these coaches , we should stop making them out to be mouth more than their resume says or much worse for that matter.

None of these three have proven that they can consistently , sustain a high degree of winning at this level of competition.

enticing by DS: polarizing, resources

enticing about HF: experience, winner at every level

enticing about JG: offensive line guru, coaching acumen, familiarized with Auburn. 

All have potential to fail majorly or succeed hugely. 

I would support all of these men 100 % but I am not going to make them out to be more than what they are currently. 

• Like 2

With the early signing period why wait to remove Harsin.  Rumors are that he is no longer on the recruiting trail already,  Seems like he has already been soft fired.

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

No not really, you changed my words. 😒

You can believe what you wanna believe bro I just gave my two cents like you did. 

I did that on purpose, brother. Just tried pointing out the irony that we sometimes display depending on our position on an issue. We’re good. 

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Hartwell announced this week. Most likely Friday.

CBH fired at end of the season

1a: Grimes 

1b: Deion

This info has been posted previously in multiple threads by @RunInRed and I.

Thanks!  Why wait to fire CBH though?  I'd think with early signing day there's more to gain by pulling the plug early.

11 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Thanks!  Why wait to fire CBH though?  I'd think with early signing day there's more to gain by pulling the plug early.

We won't have a new coach until December so i don't see how it changes anything.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Newbomb said:

With the early signing period why wait to remove Harsin.  Rumors are that he is no longer on the recruiting trail already,  Seems like he has already been soft fired.

4 minutes ago, Auburn 6 said:

Because...(big breath)...

Roberts is a methodical engineer who is creating a process at Auburn. A process we desperately need to create unity among the admin, AD, rest of the PTB, etc. Therefore, he has a plan that he is implementing, at his pace, step by step to get us there. First step is getting the right AD in place, which is supposedly Hartwell, this week. I hope to GOD most of this is right. I'm choosing to believe it is.

Mrw GIF

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Because...(big breath)...

Roberts is a methodical engineer who is creating a process at Auburn. A process we desperately need to create unity among the admin, AD, rest of the PTB, etc. Therefore, he has a plan that he is implementing, at his pace, step by step to get us there. First step is getting the right AD in place, which is supposedly Hartwell, this week. I hope to GOD most of this is right. I'm choosing to believe it is.

oh-ilike-that-blake-anderson.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2