Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

Well, crap. Didn't want Kiffen or Freeze.  I was kinda getting used to the idea of Brian Johnson.  Glad they didn't wait any longer though. An underwhelming hire is best done promptly.  Bitching isn't going to help, so I'm done for now.  The one good thing I can say about him is that he is insane, and I say that as a positive.  Kiffen for example, is a guy who is normal and might want to spend some time with his kids or have a few beers with friends on Friday night.  Freeze is like Saban; he'll think about football 24/7 no matter what.

Edited by Cardin Drake

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Again, morals aside, he is not that great of a coach. Yeah I think he is better than Lane but so are tons of other coaches. 
I will support him but AU should have done much better.  

That is all that is asked of any of us. Support the TEAM.

If it had been any other coach, I would support the TEAM just the same. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, msza said:

There's the Gus Bus, the Lane Train, and now...the Hugh Pew?

Wait, that's not gonna work...

More like the Hugh zoo

• Like 1

Worse Case Caddy is Auburn’s coach again in 4-5 years and Auburn potentially doesn’t pay a buyout because Brother Hugh did something stupid again.

Best Case - Hugh leads Auburn to the promised land on the wings of angels.  

C2705CFE-D95B-44A8-B32F-E054ED988F1A.jpeg

• Haha 7

Having to pay a buyout of $3 million for a dude that NO ONE WANTED. Cohen just went full JABA.

I'll be supporting every other Auburn program except football.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Again, morals aside, he is not that great of a coach. Yeah I think he is better than Lane but so are tons of other coaches. 
I will support him but AU should have done much better.  

This is me, I am disheartened by this hire but I am gonna root for these players bc they deserve and need our support. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Having to pay a buyout of $3 million for a dude that NO ONE WANTED. Cohen just went full JABA.

I'll be supporting every other Auburn program except football.

And still saved money. Winning already.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Has it been determined that we are paying it?  Often the school loans the coach money and he has to pay it back

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Worse Case Caddy is Auburn’s coach again in 4-5 years and Auburn potentially doesn’t pay a buyout because Brother Hugh did something stupid again.

You forgot: Sunbelt offenses and being a joke in the SEC doesn't help recruiting and we're looking for another coach in 3 years. At least Jimmy Rane will have to pay for it. Seems he enjoys doing that a lot. 

16 minutes ago, ursamajortoole said:

But a man who is privately messaging potential victims of sexual assault and attempting to silence them from speaking out

Yeah, that didn't happen.

• Thanks 2