Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

1 minute ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Thanks for proving what I just said

I am not an average poster. I give credit when it is do. But, a three game losing streak to those teams, does not equal the rep damage to Auburn's brand. 

Well, at least now when the media writes negative articles about Auburn they actually have a good reason for it, and hopefully we're not going to pay much for him considering we're the only University that isn't a sleazy diploma mill willing to take a chance on him. 

If he's going to leave AU in scandal and ruin he better at least win us some Championships first

1 hour ago, Sammy said:

We’re giving up any semblance of credibility we still have as a University for a guy who went 19-21 against the SEC (pre vacated wins). 19-21. 

Credibility is over-rated. 

Staying true to the JABA way is what makes us AUsome. 

1 minute ago, VegasEagle said:

I am not an average poster. I give credit when it is do. But, a three game losing streak to those teams, does not equal the rep damage to Auburn's brand. 

Think of it this way.   If North Dakota State suddenly went to FBS.  Would you expect them to make a bowl game every year they were eligible.  The only people that knew about Liberty before Freeze, either went there or lived in close proximity.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Board meltdown will be classic. Let's see who all turns in their AU cards and gear

You got your man!!! Danny Hugh!!! I love the hire. This reminds me alot of Barbee and then Pearl. Harsin and now Freeze. In both sports we hired small school coaches who turned out to be the worst hires in Auburn history. Then in both sports, we hired past winners from the SEC that had some baggage but were ready to work hard and make their name good again. I feel Freeze will win here and be very successful. 

Btw, Ole Miss fans were wanting him to come back if we hired Kiffin. Freeze had great offenses in Oxford but also had good defenses as well. The Land Shark's

• Like 1

Thamel reporting Freeze is getting $6.5 million a year over 6 years, a savings which covers the Malzahn buyout.

Edited by JTFazz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

You got your man!!! Danny Hugh!!! I love the hire. This reminds me alot of Barbee and then Pearl. Harsin and now Freeze. In both sports we hired small school coaches who turned out to be the worst hires in Auburn history. Then in both sports, we hired past winners from the SEC that had some baggage but were ready to work hard and make their name good again. I feel Freeze will win here and be very successful. 

Btw, Ole Miss fans were wanting him to come back if we hired Kiffin. Freeze had great offenses in Oxford but also had good defenses as well. The Land Shark's

Idk man. Bruce’s baggage was lying to save his job. Paddling underage girls for “discipline” and hiring hookers is another level, but whatever, it’s done now.  

My bet is this is Chizik redux. 8-5 average with one special season and one spectacular collapse.  

• Like 1

This just wasn’t that good of a hire imo. We’re going to go through this this same process by 2026 because of multiple 7-5 seasons. Cohen and the boosters panicked 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

Think of it this way.   If North Dakota State suddenly went to FBS.  Would you expect them to make a bowl game every year they were eligible.  The only people that knew about Liberty before Freeze, either went there or lived in close proximity.  

Coastal Carolina joined FBS in 2017, one year before Liberty, and Costal the last 3 years in the Sunbelt has gone, 11-1, 11-2, and 9-3. 

If winning at a brand new FBS team is super amazing then we should have hired Coastal Carolina's coach because they've been doing a bit better than even Liberty has. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
changed FCS to FBS

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

This just wasn’t that good of a hire imo. We’re going to go through this this same process by 2026 because of multiple 7-5 seasons. Cohen and the boosters panicked 

I mean what's wrong with having Caddy as the interim HC for a year and see what happens in the coaching landscape next year?

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Coastal Carolina joined FCS in 2017, one year before Liberty, and Costal the last 3 years in the Sunbelt has gone, 11-1, 11-2, and 9-3. 

If winning at a brand new FBS team is super mazing then we should have hired Coastal Carolina's coach because they've been doing a bit better than even Liberty has. 

What were those first 3 season like?

Kirby Smart has struggled against Hugh Freeze teams. Kirby was the DC at Bama when Freeze beat them in 2014 and 2015 and then Kirby was HC at Georgia in 2016 when Freeze and Ole Miss beat UGA 45-14. Isn't that what we all want? A coach that has had success against Kirby and Saban? 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Zamps1976 said:

All these so called Christian’s calling this man out smh.. The man made mistakes how long does he have to pay . His wife and family forgave him as  should everyone else. When the man is putting up wins consistently a lot of folks going to shut their hole.

Exactly. Christian's are all about forgiveness and 2nd chances but rarely will you ever see any that truly do those things. And 90% have skeletons in their closets as well. Refuse to give Auburn money as long as Freeze is the coach but send 10% of their checks to Jimmy Swaggart and his ministry every week. Smh

• Like 2

Here is one thing that’s good.Hugh knows this is likely his last shot. If he makes another mistake like at OM he will get a life time ban from D1 and he knows it. Also Hugh  has always been a good coach on the field  everywhere he has been. Nick Saban actually tried to hire Hugh ( twice I believe) and the SEC asked him not to, so if Saban thought he was good then he probably is. So let’s just give it a chance. I doubt seriously it will be any worse than Harsin. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Well, at least now when the media writes negative articles about Auburn they actually have a good reason for it, and hopefully we're not going to pay much for him considering we're the only University that isn't a sleazy diploma mill willing to take a chance on him. 

If he's going to leave AU in scandal and ruin he better at least win us some Championships first

Reported salary is 6.5 million for 6 years 

From what I remember about his time at Ole Miss, he was a pass first type of coach that had smaller Rbs. Caddy is an upgrade from whatever he had at Ole Miss in the RB room.