Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

All these so called Christian’s calling this man out smh.. The man made mistakes how long does he have to pay . His wife and family forgave him as  should everyone else. When the man is putting up wins consistently a lot of folks going to shut their hole.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

42 minutes ago, woodford said:

The guy that Saban ran out of town and then wanted his help on offense. 

Wish it was Dabo or Urban but this might do. 

Urban was my first choice hands down.  Any potential issues with UM are completely overshadowed by those of HF.  UM is the only proven winner on the market of top caliber, but, oh well.  

Why is AU constantly settling for second or third-tier hc hires ?  smh

WDE !!!

Portal and recruiting wont be a problem.  NIL and recruiting staffs take care of most of that and not having a coach on the hot seat will help a lot.  Most the guys Auburn wanted didn't come because of the Harsin situation.  Auburn will rack up in the portal and do the best it can to finish out 23.  2024 class will be top 10 if not top 5 Mark My Words.  Auburn will go to a decent bowl next year.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, woodford said:

Doubt they jump 1 loss tOSU and 1 loss TCU but possible. Georgia and UM would absolutely work Bama in the Playoff. 

We can hope so. Then there’s bammer beating GA last year. Mizz almost beating GA this year. GA only scoring 16 on UK.

Hate to give dink his due, but since 2007, with more than 2 weeks to prepare, he has only lost 3 times…08 Utah, 13 OU and 14 OSU. He’s already difficult enough to beat…give him extra time and the odds aren’t good. 

What is disappointing for me is that it confirms what I was really hoping was fixed at Auburn and that is competent leadership who have their crap together. 

I’m not sure who has seriously dropped the ball on this coaching search… but ending up with Freeze at this point in the season tells me we still have serious problems on the admin or booster or both sides of AU leadership. 

This might be the cherry on top of total leadership embarrassment over the past 1.5 years at Auburn 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I'm a woman, a minister, & a former Auburn athlete. I did not want Freeze, though not primarily because of his past transgressions (though those were significant). I live in Memphis where Ole Miss is heavily covered. In the aftermath of his firing at Ole Miss I was less than impressed with his responses. He didn't show much remorse (at least publicly), didn't seem to accept responsibility. But I believe in forgiveness & 2nd chances. I believe people grow & change, most especially in the aftermath of pain & hurt. I also believe that Cohen surely knows that his whole tenure at Auburn will be shaped by hiring Freeze, so he had to have had a significant conversation with Freeze about his past. Because if Freeze is involved in a scandal again, Cohen will be gone with him. At this point all I know to do is trust the folks involved who know the options & know the stakes. Since he's coming to our beloved Auburn, I'll support our guys & Freeze until given reason not to do so (& hope that never happens). If you've not seen Will Herring's video about the coaching situation, I encourage you to do so. I'm happiest that Caddy is staying. I also agree with JDUBB4AU that Freeze needs to address the issue in his press conference, to say that he's learned & grown. Otherwise, his past will be the elephant in the living room. 

Here's to better days my fellow Aubies. 

I vaguely recall an apology tour, but it wasn't in Ole Miss.  I think it was when he went to Liberty.

As long as the money is flowing once again, Auburn is going to get some players.  This wasn't my first choice but probably the best we could do.  Hope this man has the success that Pearl has had with his second chance 

1 minute ago, TigerTennis80 said:

I'm a woman, a minister, & a former Auburn athlete. I did not want Freeze, though not primarily because of his past transgressions (though those were significant). I live in Memphis where Ole Miss is heavily covered. In the aftermath of his firing at Ole Miss I was less than impressed with his responses. He didn't show much remorse (at least publicly), didn't seem to accept responsibility. But I believe in forgiveness & 2nd chances. I believe people grow & change, most especially in the aftermath of pain & hurt. I also believe that Cohen surely knows that his whole tenure at Auburn will be shaped by hiring Freeze, so he had to have had a significant conversation with Freeze about his past. Because if Freeze is involved in a scandal again, Cohen will be gone with him. At this point all I know to do is trust the folks involved who know the options & know the stakes. Since he's coming to our beloved Auburn, I'll support our guys & Freeze until given reason not to do so (& hope that never happens). If you've not seen Will Herring's video about the coaching situation, I encourage you to do so. I'm happiest that Caddy is staying. I also agree with JDUBB4AU that Freeze needs to address the issue in his press conference, to say that he's learned & grown. Otherwise, his past will be the elephant in the living room. 

Here's to better days my fellow Aubies. 

Nailed it. Take extreme ownership , grow from it . Create a new Hugh Feeze. A lot of top shelf coaches have had allegations happen under their watch. Urban, saban , Franklin . DUIs, assault, selling drugs from lockers. Arrest , weapons possession. A lot of y’all can’t see the forest for the trees here. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sambahat said:

Everybody needs to chill out... prostitutes are an amazing recruiting tool. 

Most schools call them recruiting hostesses.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

People like you are the reason I quit going to church.  I am and have always been a Christian.  People like you give Christians a bad name. 

edit- I completely missed the joke. Apologies.

Thats going to take at least 10Hail Marys!!

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Cats on here still think this was Cohens  call... Unbelievable 

It could very well be a PR nightmare if issues aren't addressed.  Cohen should have never said FIT or talked about his 58 questions or check marks or whatever.  Freeze needs to address the issues in his press conference, to say that he's learned & grown. Otherwise, his past will be questioned non-stop!!!! 

Edited by AUY2K

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

We can hope so. Then there’s bammer beating GA last year. Mizz almost beating GA this year. GA only scoring 16 on UK.

Hate to give dink his due, but since 2007, with more than 2 weeks to prepare, he has only lost 3 times…08 Utah, 13 OU and 14 OSU. He’s already difficult enough to beat…give him extra time and the odds aren’t good. 

That is very true

3 minutes ago, AuGrad2004 said:

You know Liberty has only been FBS for about 4 years.   Bet you never heard of them before last year

Conference affiliations[edit]

Liberty has been both independent and affiliated with one conference.[2]

1 minute ago, VegasEagle said:

Conference affiliations[edit]

Liberty has been both independent and affiliated with one conference.[2]

Thanks for proving what I just said

• Thanks 1