Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

This cements that Auburn cares about chasing a hot commodity who they think will deliver wins than women's safety and well-being. Embarrassing. Even with emails urging the administration to consider looking elsewhere they still had the audacity to hire Freeze.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Sure. He got the lessers at Ole Miss too, right?

Enjoy your outrage.

I support the  Auburn Football Team.

Yeah, he did. He paid for the rest. That "advantage" is gone. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, AUEAGLE said:

Love this hire. This guy wins period. Like it or not he is far and way the best coach available at the moment. Look at his recruiting classes, NFL players he’s coached, and his win loss records. This guy knows football and his family has forgiven of any past wrongs. We have all made mistakes so if our AD thinks he deserves a second chance I do to. Plus seeing what he did with Malik, imagine what he can do with Ashford.

Careful. The Twitter mob will come after you…

• Haha 1

As a father of a young daughter, I’m embarrassed to call myself an Auburn alumnus and supporter. This university is supposed to be better than this.

• Like 7

Meh. I just feel numb at this point. There is absolutely nothing exciting about this hire and we are gonna get dragged in the media to boot. Hope things work out for AU and the players sake, but this is disheartening. I know some don't feel this way, but that's my feeling on the situation.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Yeah, he did. He paid for the rest. That "advantage" is gone. 

Or is it that he is ahead of the curve?

We shall see.

1 minute ago, ursamajortoole said:

Sorry but a midnight DM to a woman who is part of an SA investigation is allt he "truth" I need.

Bye then.

Again, morals aside, he is not that great of a coach. Yeah I think he is better than Lane but so are tons of other coaches. 
I will support him but AU should have done much better.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJDub said:

As a father of a young daughter, I’m embarrassed to call myself an Auburn alumnus and supporter. This university is supposed to be better than this.

Some of the rest of us have daughter also. We are not phased.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Hope they publish the contract. Would be interesting to see the handcuffs or lack thereof. That morals clause should be epic. 

We might as well get a laugh. What clauses do you think are included? Let the fun begin.  

Just now, Auctoritas said:

Oh I'm sure. We can go back to hiring every ex Auburn football player for Freeze's staff like we did with Gus. It will be like Gus never left, right down to the visor.