Done: It's Hugh Freeze

NolaAuTiger

He can coach and hopefully it goes well, but just can't shake this queasy feeling seeing Freeze as the hire. Was hoping we'd choose someone else and am disappointed in Cohen and Roberts. 

Edited by HAPvsOA

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is such a overused lazy and just flat out wrong take. Freeze is a relentless recruiter who had 2 top 10 classes at ole miss of all places. Please miss me with the cheating bs!! Spare me. They got caught that was their biggest mistake. We all know the best recruiting schools are always at the top for a reason. Ole miss just didn’t have a system in place that dates back several years where it was a art form on how to not get caught. Freeze has enormous passing success with his offenses in the sec. Chad Kelly was a 4k yard passer in 2015 with 31 tds and had a 1k yard WR in laquon treadwell (who became a first round draft pick) which is something AU has not done since 99. Freeze has also recruited the OL much better than Gus. Multiple 5 star and high 4 star OL. Look at the WR’s he coached and signed that are now in the NFL. AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are 2 of the nfl’s best WRs. Both were 2nd round draft picks. Doesn’t sound very Gus like at all.

Great post. I personally think he's a better coach than Kiffin, but the baggage is quite a bit. 

I'm not really one to judge though because I used to wild out myself haha. 

• Haha 1