RIP Coach Leach

WFE12

Know this isn’t AU related but Dude was a legend of a person. All of CFB feels this. Wanted to share one of his many great quotes.

F85441A5-BD0F-4AAC-AFC1-5B306648A5B7.jpeg

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Before college football became such a high dollar industry, eclectic guys who just loved the game were part of what made the game so much more enjoyable than the pros. Mike Leach was certainly one of those and the game is less for his loss. RIP. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Coach leach was fantastic. You never heard agent this or money that . He loved coaching and having fun. He will be painfully missed. Thank you Coach Leach. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have never even been a WSU fan, but when he was there I regularly DVR'd the late night games just because I loved watching his teams. They were so entertaining and he was the ringmaster. A true innovator and cult of personality. RIP

I hate this; the man truly loved coaching and competing.   I never got the sense he was chasing the dollar.  And he was so transparent.   He will be sorely missed as God broke the mold after he made Mike Leach.

Personalities like Coach Leach’s are not found very often. He will be missed.

Prayers to the Leach family.🙏🙏

• Like 1

Terrible loss for CFB, MSU, the SEC not to mention his family. Really just terrible. He will be greatly missed and there will NEVER be another Mike Leach. I wish we had more personality like this in CFB. He was sort of like an off-shoot Spurrier but completely different at the same time. 

I know they whooped us but I’m glad I got to see him coach in person last year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

Before college football became such a high dollar industry, eclectic guys who just loved the game were part of what made the game so much more enjoyable than the pros. Mike Leach was certainly one of those and the game is less for his loss. RIP. 

That nails it. I will seeing him on a sideline.

Coach Leach was one of the really good guys in college football.  The sport will miss him.  A lot.

One of the heroes of this sport.  One of the few, and now there is one fewer.   I've followed him since Texas Tech and always cheered him on.   This is so terrible.

One of our lights has gone out.    

God speed,   Coach Leach.   You were one in a million.

Wow!!!  I cannot believe this news.  My condolences and prayers are with the Leach family.  His response to reporters will be missed.  For those, he was a legend.