Auburn Recruiting Visitors Since Freeze's Hiring

Zeek

I'll add that these are the ON3 rankings. A lot of these guys are considered 4* recruits on 247. ON3 just has a better and more up-to-date visitor list.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Lew 👀

We could have a very young but talented OL coming in for 2023

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

This is not something we've heard at Auburn since like...the age of Chizik 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I will have no problem with a younger more talented line. Definitely a good thing to have a high ceiling built for the type of offense HF is going to implement instead of an oft injury plagued and mismatched talent line. I want the depth we had in '12 with an upgraded talent level. Yes, '12 was a bad year but that depth helped in '13 &'14.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'll add that these are the ON3 rankings. A lot of these guys are considered 4* recruits on 247. ON3 just has a better and more up-to-date visitor list.

Rara Thomas is a Mississippi St transfer instead of TAM. Thanks for the update. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

yes-flying.gif 

Even a blind bird finds a 🪱 every now and then. 😝 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shabby said:

All these recruits Harsin dragged his feet on? The sabotage was real

I may a comment on the main board that Harsin left us in a similar situation as smu (decades ago) after the death penalty. It’s a stretch comparison, but not by much.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I may a comment on the main board that Harsin left us in a similar situation as smu (decades ago) after the death penalty. It’s a stretch comparison, but not by much.

I’ve thought the same, we are in a worse position now than some teams/programs have been when they’ve been handed NCAA sanctions and postseason bans 

3 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

I’ve thought the same, we are in a worse position now than some teams/programs have been when they’ve been handed NCAA sanctions and postseason bans 

Scholarship Restrictions > Being coached by Harsin 

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, shabby said:

All these recruits Harsin dragged his feet on? The sabotage was real

Like he was saying no just for the sake of saying no. Or to show who was the Big Boss, even though he was cutting his nose off.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

On the offensive side I think it’s even more severe than  traditional sanctions. Without recruiting and the portal this off season  - it’s unclear if we could even fully man an offensive possession next season.  Amazing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

As a result, I am so grateful for the transfer portal.  Otherwise, it would have taken us several years to climb out of this mess.  Now, maybe only a couple.

Just now, roe4christ said:

As a result, I am so grateful for the transfer portal.  Otherwise, it would have taken us several years to climb out of this mess.  Now, maybe only a couple.

Yup.  4 year rebuilds are a thing of the past if you can get the right coach.  Hugh is that

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

I feel like we are 4 years behind everyone else

Hugh is doing leap year a year early. 😃 Staff is working hard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Hugh is doing leap year a year early. 😃 Staff is working hard. 

LOL that he is and I am so excited. Havent been this excited about AU Football in years!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

Just a list of guys that have visited and some of my thoughts on their current situation. These are my thoughts and what I'm hearing not premium content.

• December 16th - 4* DL Darron Reed (Auburn Commit)
    • Reed stated he shut down his recruiting process. However, Colorado and Deion Sanders have offered and gotten in his ear. Auburn needs this last visit and has to lock down the highly rated recruit. I believe we keep him.
  • December 16th - 3* CB Braeden Marshall (UCF Commit)
    • Marshall is debatable a 4* depending on which source you're looking at and is highly sought after. I believe Auburn flips him after this visit.
  • December 11th - 3* QB Hank Brown
    • I really don't know what Hugh Freeze wants to do regarding high school quarterback recruiting. He told currently committed 3* Keyone Jenkins that he isn't the type of player we're looking for; now he wants to meet him and evaluate him in person before deciding if we move on or not. Brown was a lock for Freeze at Liberty and is in contention to be in this class. If Auburn wants Brown then I suspect we land him.
  • December 9th - 4* WR Dont'e Thornton
    • Auburn practically told two of its three WR commits to kick rocks. Thornton at 6'5" 185 lbs. matches the profile of a Freeze receiver. I think Auburn lands him... and soon.
  • December 9th - 4* DB/LB Terrance Love (Auburn Commit)
    • There is a difference in opinion regarding what position Love would play at Auburn. I believe he stays at DB. Love has stayed committed to Auburn since 4/10 and I don't see that changing now.
  • December 9th - 4* QB Marcel Reed (Ole Miss Commit)
    • I think this will be a hard pull as of now. The numerous Tennessee connections on our staff is helping. I think there was more interest when it looked like coach Nix might be our Offensive Coordinator.
  • December 9th - Oklahom State DE - Trace Ford
    • The first transfer target on this list is like a tiger. He reminds me of Eku leota in terms of build and upside. I think we land him soon.
  • December 9th - 3* IOL Clay Wedin (Auburn Commit)
    • Harsin wouldn't let Will Friend commit to this kid. Now that Auburn has someone that is sold on Wedin, he is sold on the Tigers and this visit was a great way to reaffirm the commitment to one another.
  • December 9th - 3* IOL Connor Lew (Miami Commit)
    • Lew really wanted to be a Tiger and then something happened... My understanding is Harsin yet again wasn't willing to sign off on the commitment. He loves our aviation program and we're much closer to home (Kennesaw, GA) than the Hurricanes who looked rough this season.
  • December 9th - Isaiah Jatta (JuCo Product & SCar Commit)
    • Same as the previous two, I think Auburn could have had Jatta on board already had things gone differently. As of now he is a hard pull from South Carolina but Auburn wants him. We will watch this one more and more.
  • December 9th - 3* DB Colton Hood (Auburn Commit)
    • Technically he decommitted from Michigan State before making his Auburn announcement. Still, I count him as a flip and a good one. The Georgia product is a legacy and at 6'1" 175 lbs. he has the build to be a solid DB at Auburn.
  • December 9th - 3* OT Tyler Johnson (Auburn Commit)
    • I feel like a broken record. December 9th was really a redemption day for Auburn OL recruiting. Tyler Johnson is yet another kid we could have secured earlier in the process and chose not to do so.
  • December 9th - 3* Brenton Williams (Auburn Commit)
    • You have to take these guys when they're in your own backyard. Williams is a project but again one you need for building relations and locking down your own area.
  • December 9th - IOL Jordan Brown (Charlotte Transfer)
    • Auburn likes where they're at with Brown. He can play anywhere on the line and has three years of eligibility left. A key target for building depth.
  • December 6th - WR Rara Thomas (Texas A&M Transfer)
    • This is a hard one to track. We're trying to get him back for another visit since he lives close (Eufala) and he seems to be listening. I'm told his Georgia visit went really well though. Tennesee and Ole Miss are also pursuing.
  • December 2nd - 4* DB Kayin Lee (Ohio State Commit)
    • Auburn is on the verge of getting Lee to flip. He has a big offer list and is an incredible athlete despite his 5'10.5" frame. This would be a big win for ZE.

Amazing what happens when you put in a little bit of effort

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

Just a list of guys that have visited and some of my thoughts on their current situation. These are my thoughts and what I'm hearing not premium content.

• December 16th - 4* DL Darron Reed (Auburn Commit)
    • Reed stated he shut down his recruiting process. However, Colorado and Deion Sanders have offered and gotten in his ear. Auburn needs this last visit and has to lock down the highly rated recruit. I believe we keep him.
  • December 16th - 3* CB Braeden Marshall (UCF Commit)
    • Marshall is debatable a 4* depending on which source you're looking at and is highly sought after. I believe Auburn flips him after this visit.
  • December 11th - 3* QB Hank Brown
    • I really don't know what Hugh Freeze wants to do regarding high school quarterback recruiting. He told currently committed 3* Keyone Jenkins that he isn't the type of player we're looking for; now he wants to meet him and evaluate him in person before deciding if we move on or not. Brown was a lock for Freeze at Liberty and is in contention to be in this class. If Auburn wants Brown then I suspect we land him.
  • December 9th - 4* WR Dont'e Thornton
    • Auburn practically told two of its three WR commits to kick rocks. Thornton at 6'5" 185 lbs. matches the profile of a Freeze receiver. I think Auburn lands him... and soon.
  • December 9th - 4* DB/LB Terrance Love (Auburn Commit)
    • There is a difference in opinion regarding what position Love would play at Auburn. I believe he stays at DB. Love has stayed committed to Auburn since 4/10 and I don't see that changing now.
  • December 9th - 4* QB Marcel Reed (Ole Miss Commit)
    • I think this will be a hard pull as of now. The numerous Tennessee connections on our staff is helping. I think there was more interest when it looked like coach Nix might be our Offensive Coordinator.
  • December 9th - Oklahom State DE - Trace Ford
    • The first transfer target on this list is like a tiger. He reminds me of Eku leota in terms of build and upside. I think we land him soon.
  • December 9th - 3* IOL Clay Wedin (Auburn Commit)
    • Harsin wouldn't let Will Friend commit to this kid. Now that Auburn has someone that is sold on Wedin, he is sold on the Tigers and this visit was a great way to reaffirm the commitment to one another.
  • December 9th - 3* IOL Connor Lew (Miami Commit)
    • Lew really wanted to be a Tiger and then something happened... My understanding is Harsin yet again wasn't willing to sign off on the commitment. He loves our aviation program and we're much closer to home (Kennesaw, GA) than the Hurricanes who looked rough this season.
  • December 9th - Isaiah Jatta (JuCo Product & SCar Commit)
    • Same as the previous two, I think Auburn could have had Jatta on board already had things gone differently. As of now he is a hard pull from South Carolina but Auburn wants him. We will watch this one more and more.
  • December 9th - 3* DB Colton Hood (Auburn Commit)
    • Technically he decommitted from Michigan State before making his Auburn announcement. Still, I count him as a flip and a good one. The Georgia product is a legacy and at 6'1" 175 lbs. he has the build to be a solid DB at Auburn.
  • December 9th - 3* OT Tyler Johnson (Auburn Commit)
    • I feel like a broken record. December 9th was really a redemption day for Auburn OL recruiting. Tyler Johnson is yet another kid we could have secured earlier in the process and chose not to do so.
  • December 9th - 3* Brenton Williams (Auburn Commit)
    • You have to take these guys when they're in your own backyard. Williams is a project but again one you need for building relations and locking down your own area.
  • December 9th - IOL Jordan Brown (Charlotte Transfer)
    • Auburn likes where they're at with Brown. He can play anywhere on the line and has three years of eligibility left. A key target for building depth.
  • December 6th - WR Rara Thomas (Texas A&M Transfer)
    • This is a hard one to track. We're trying to get him back for another visit since he lives close (Eufaula) and he seems to be listening. I'm told his Georgia visit went really well though. Tennessee and Ole Miss are also pursuing.
  • December 2nd - 4* DB Kayin Lee (Ohio State Commit)
    • Auburn is on the verge of getting Lee to flip. He has a big offer list and is an incredible athlete despite his 5'10.5" frame. This would be a big win for ZE.

These 2 QB's plus Grayson gets us a vastly different and improved QB room for 2023.