Prime

LPTiger

4 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

At this point in time, I don't see the value of talking about "Prime" in the AU fooball area.

With all due respect, I will never understand post like this.

So you came on a thread titled "Prime" ...knowing that it was likely about...Prime....just to say how you don't see value in talking about Prime?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

My estimation is Sanders has shown more as far as caring about the players than any of the other coaches. Unfortunately, that and things geared towards the actual player aren't really major variables in consideration. 

How any what you do for EVERYBODY else is what pleases people. What can you do for the institution. Also no matter how much money he makes those other people he'll never get credit for it. He won't be celebrated. Nothing was a better tell than him even being mentioned to coach here made so many so angry. You've seen people post made up untrue stuff but many of those same people would know about what he actually does. Because what he actually does doesn't fit the made up narrative that many would

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

With all due respect, I will never understand post like this.

So you came on a thread titled "Prime" ...knowing that it was likely about...Prime....just to say how you don't see value in talking about Prime?

giphy.gif

LMAO, I hear ya, some people on this board man...

There was a D. Brown titled thread I think that just said something like "just drafted by the Panthers, Congratulations!"

One of the first replies was, drafted by the panthers huh, so not an auburn tiger. Please move this thread.       

:lol: 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

My estimation is Sanders has shown more as far as caring about the players than any of the other coaches. Unfortunately, that and things geared towards the actual player aren't really major variables in consideration. 

How any what you do for EVERYBODY else is what pleases people. What can you do for the institution. Also no matter how much money he makes those other people he'll never get credit for it. He won't be celebrated. Nothing was a better tell than him even being mentioned to coach here made so many so angry. You've seen people post made up untrue stuff but many of those same people would know about what he actually does. Because what he actually does doesn't fit the made up narrative that many would

He is polarizing I guess, dunno why.

But he was simultaneously the most voted for coach in that poll we had, and also the most complained about at the same time. 🤷‍♂️

def interested to see how it goes in colorado, I was intrigued about the idea of him being AUs coach, would have been pissed if he went to another SEC school.

But colorado? Just interested to see what he can do there. 

Like Mikey I don't see him at colorado long after his kids are done, I don't think he'll quit coaching or anything, but I think once his kids aren't part of the equation on what jobs he looks at that he'll take something else (something bigger).

• Like 1

The UGA game tonight reinforced it’s about top 5 recruiting (not top 10 - just look at the natty stats) and attracting a top staff.  No other coach in this cycle was better equipped to do that.

• Haha 1

The fact is no one here, no one, knows if Deon will be successful or not.  It could go either way.  Colorado took a risk, just like Auburn did with Freeze, and it will either pay off or flame out.  Just let the season play out before we deem Deon a success or not.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

The fact is no one here, no one, knows if Deon will be successful or not.  It could go either way.  Colorado took a risk, just like Auburn did with Freeze, and it will either pay off or flame out.  Just let the season play out before we deem Deon a success or not.

That's literally every coach on earth. I literally said this exact thing about freeze and it was a sin. 

It's just cool on this board to talk ill of one guy but very bad to talk about the other guys

But nobody ever knows the future per se, but this board loves to pretend that some do

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's literally every coach on earth. I literally said this exact thing about freeze and it was a sin. 

It's just cool on this board to talk ill of one guy but very bad to talk about the other guys

But nobody ever knows the future per se, but this board loves to pretend that some do

I don’t hate Deon or want him to fail.  I understand what he was doing at Jackson with what he was saying.  It’s similar to LaVar Ball and what he was doing.  He didn’t care what kind of publicity it was, as long as it got eyes to his cause.  I do think it’s odd though he won’t give boosters the time of day.  Time will tell if that strategy will work out. 

46 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's literally every coach on earth.  

I am the outlier.   

If I am the head coach of a college football  program you pretty much know we are going to suck.   Probably worse than Harsin.

34 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I don’t hate Deon or want him to fail.  I understand what he was doing at Jackson with what he was saying.  It’s similar to LaVar Ball and what he was doing.  He didn’t care what kind of publicity it was, as long as it got eyes to his cause.  I do think it’s odd though he won’t give boosters the time of day.  Time will tell if that strategy will work out. 

I think you may have an open mind but I doubt if you really understand. Like with lavar ball, I remember back in the day we had a debate about him, the thing is the only reason some say it's bad publicity is because it's not what mainstream media is used to so they deem it bad.

As far as Sanders EVERYBODY on this board would keep saying the stuff about building up HBCU's.....over and over and he literally never said that. He didn't have a cause. I would post over and over how he never said that. Of course I'm ignored, he does his interview and says he never said that and then everybody is shocked and confused....that's the story mainstream made up that didn't give a damn about a HBCU, didn't know anything about them so that's what they told themselves. 

Everything in the media isn't true, and everybody that puts stuff out doesn't have the best intentions. 

As far as boosters he's going to try to do things his way. He's not giving anybody else control of his team and he's not going to be anybody's puppet. These are things that this school was calling for. We hired the wrong guy and now this school is too scared to do anything to actually move a barometer. 

I think freeze was about as good as we were going to do though. It's not all about recruiting but Auburn is in a very unique situation and Auburn will never be scary without a big footprint in Georgia and nobody but Deion was going to be able to challenge that with uga literally in the midst of building a dynasty imo. But we'll see I hope for the best.

But I won't be trashing freeze just because I wanted Sanders. It's stupid and ridiculous for people to keep trashing Sanders because people wanted him to be the coach here. But unfortunately I'm not surprised.

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

think freeze was about as good as we were going to do though. It's not all about recruiting but Auburn is in a very unique situation and Auburn will never be scary without a big footprint in Georgia and nobody but Deion was going to be able to challenge that with uga literally in the midst of building a dynasty imo. But we'll see I hope for the best.

AU put itself in a position to contend for it all 3 times in the last 13 years: 2010, 2013, and 2017. (4 in the last 20 if you count 2004) The recipe was Top 10 recruiting plus a difference maker at QB. I believe CHF can and will get us back there.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

AU put itself in a position to contend for it all 3 times in the last 13 years: 2010, 2013, and 2017. (4 in the last 20 if you count 2004) The recipe was Top 10 recruiting plus a difference maker at QB. I believe CHF can and will get us back there.

I was thinking about this as well. Auburn doesn’t need top 5. That would be lovely but top 10 with elite guys in the right spots. I would say 2019 was an opportunity. The defense was there but didn’t have the seasoned qb or competent play calling

• Like 2

I don't see why 2017 was included in that. But I feel you guys are missing the real point. First a couple of random years are really outliers not proof. 

Second even if we took that as proof, it's proving we could be good ever so often with top 10 so to be consistent probably means top 5. 

Third none of those years included the playoffs but let's say that doesn't matter what's the likelihood of hitting on a guy like cam? Who we actually didn't even hit on really? Once again this is more of an outlier than proof something can definitely work. 

Lastly those years mentioned happened when we still were recruiting super strong out of Georgia, now we don't have the same hold as we once did while another one of our rivals became much stronger.....and we still needed a miracle against both teams I mentioned those outliers years that's been mentioned. 

Let's not forget these dynasties of our rivals were also built while preparing our recipe and I'm not even mentioning Clemson....we missed on two transcendent QB's that literally didn't want to go to Alabama out of Georgia.

I won't pretend to know the future but I know we won't be good without gaining a bunch of territory out of Georgia again. 

I'm strictly speaking on being exceptional. We needed to take a risk to do that. We can be above average doing a top 15 recruiting thing and beat bammer every 3 years or whatever. But to be viable literally in between two dynasties we need to recruit like we've never had AND disrupt their recruiting. I've seen freeze be good when he has equal or more talent.....just hope he can get that talent.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

I don't see why 2017 was included in that. But I feel you guys are missing the real point. First a couple of random years are really outliers not proof. 

I included that season because we beat #1 UGA and #1 UAT and if Gus hadn’t crapped the bed in the SECCG we would have beat UGA again and made the playoff. 

8 hours ago, cole256 said:

Second even if we took that as proof, it's proving we could be good ever so often with top 10 so to be consistent probably means top 5

To me it proves that having a high quality QB is key. Jason Campbell, Cam, and Stidham are NFL quality QBs and Nick was the one of the most elite athletes in the nation in 2013. Recruiting top 10 with those guys and we contend. Recruit top 10 with Jeremy Johnson/Sean White/JF3 we don’t.

I want Top 5 recruiting classes as bad as any AU fan does. But we’ve proved the formula it takes for us to contend in my opinion.  This staff has to bring a pipeline of elite QBs. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 11:04 PM, cole256 said:

I'm strictly speaking on being exceptional. We needed to take a risk to do that. 

Exceptional = perfect, as there is undefeated and there is everybody else.

In the last 40 years there have been 4 programs with as many as 3 undefeated seasons: Alabama, Miami, Nebraska and...Auburn.  

If that makes us an outlier, so be it, at least we've been as consistent as anybody in that realm.

Bowden, Tuberville and Chizik were pretty milquetoast versus "risky" as coaches...and they all got fired.

Ugh, Colorado just flipped a 5* CB from Miami.

(Mind you, we are still a spot ahead of them in the 247 overall. I don't want Prime anywhere near the SEC!)

Edited by AUwent

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Ugh, Colorado just flipped a 5* CB from Miami.

(Mind you, we are still a spot ahead of them in the 247 overall. I don't want Prime anywhere near the SEC!)

Just give it a couple of years - he’s Jimbo at Texas A&M, he’s Penny Hardaway at Memphis… all flash and no Championships

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

😂😂😂😂

Got guys on here praying!

Right. And were clutching their pearls because he told a 1-11 team that if they couldn't get with the program and aren't willing to compete then they can hit the portal... He's going to bring in talent to that place they haven't seen in decades. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, GTNupe11 said:

He's going to bring in talent to that place they haven't seen in decades. 

Wow, that's going way out on a limb there....

Colorado's Recruiting Classes, 2002-2020
Recruiting Year National Rank No. of Commits  Four-Stars / Five-Stars

33rd

22 (and counting)

3/0

45th

2/0

51st

0/0

32nd

2/0

65th

2/0

70th

0/0

63rd

1/0

67th

0/0

36th

2/0

74th

0/0

66th

1/0

48th

4/0

15th

7/1

32nd

2/1

48th

0/0

43rd

1/0

49th

1/0

19th

5/0

10th

7/1

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Facepalm 2

Why do people concern themselves about him and Colorado???? Don't get caught up with what he did at Jackson State...he couldn't win the 2 bowl games they played in Atlanta...be no difference at Colorado...

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

Why do people concern themselves about him and Colorado???? Don't get caught up with what he did at Jackson State...he couldn't win the 2 bowl games they played in Atlanta...be no difference at Colorado...

FWIW I saw an article recently predicting the outcome on their conference. Colorado was predicted to finish next to last. So he don't have to win a lot to exceed expectations. Maybe they will learn his real name isn't Prime.🦬

Edited by Son of A Tiger

On 1/21/2023 at 8:44 PM, tigerman1186 said:

Just getting Colorado to a bowl game will be a huge improvement :lol: 

Why are Auburn fans discussing Coach Prime? Did he say or do something to disrespect Auburn or its fans? If he did not, please treat his name like spoiled food and keep it out your mouth! 

• Dislike 1