Senator John Kennedy is a Gem

I_M4_AU

On 1/24/2023 at 1:43 PM, homersapien said:

Economists calculate richest 400 families in US paid an average tax rate of 23% while the bottom half of households paid a rate of 24.2%

I’m no mathematician, but isn’t 23%of billions way more than 24% of just let’s say millions?

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I was never a huge Biden fan, but the more the far right labels the man whatever suits their needs for the day, the more favorable I see him.  Trump has captured the minds of the Rupublican party.  You all seem to have this incredible need to call names and belittle someone regardless of what the situation is.  It isn't enough to complain about a bad decision.  You have to complain about the "senile Biden" or some other simple minded, easily remembered slogan. 

There are a few Republicans that likely would be better Presidents than Biden.  However, we have seen what Trump does as President.  Therefore, how anyone can argue that he would be better defies logic.

You must live with Fiddy and hit it hard everyday.    You must have amnesia.    For over 4 1/2 years, the mainstream media, cnn, msnbc and just about every news publication out there did nothing but you are now accusing republicans of doing.   It’s almost comical reading what you write.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You must live with Fiddy and hit it hard everyday.    You must have amnesia.    For over 4 1/2 years, the mainstream media, cnn, msnbc and just about every news publication out there did nothing but you are now accusing republicans of doing.   It’s almost comical reading what you write.   

Trump brought nothing upon himself.... poor guy.  You can't actually believe that.  Do you not remember the number of people sounding alarms during the Trump years?  Many of them were people from his own cabinet.  Others were whistleblowers, moderate Republicans and at the end Republicans in states that refused to help him manipulate the results of elections in their states.

George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney and a list of once respected Republicans all sounded alarms as to what kind of man Trump is.  Soon after, they too got pet names and banishment from the fringe right that believes that a man that urinates in a golden toilet actually has their best interests at heart.

Edited by AU9377

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Insecurity is a sign of weakness.  Trump is the most insecure President I have ever seen. 

And Biden and his family are the most corrupt ever. Hard to imagine letting Soros have the influence he is having with this pitiful bunch.

George Soros' son has visited White House more than a dozen times since Biden took office, records show | Fox News

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

And Biden and his family are the most corrupt ever. Hard to imagine letting Soros have the influence he is having with this pitiful bunch.

George Soros' son has visited White House more than a dozen times since Biden took office, records show | Fox News

Ohhhh that evil Soros... the man behind the curtain...   That is such nonsense.  That is the Fox "tell them what they want to hear" machine's favorite boogey man. 

"They are the most corrupt ever"  because Tucker Carlson told me so? That is even richer coming from supporters of the Trump group.  If you notice, most threads don't dive into the Trump family and all of their self dealing until after you all start taking swipes at everyone else.  If all this corruption is so clear, why hasn't it been brought out into the daylight?

Why would it be odd for the son of a billionaire donor to frequent the White House?  Is that more odd than Sean Hannity speaking to the President every night?

We are talking about 14 visits over 2 1/2 years to visit numerous people at the White House.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That is a ridiculous argument.  Nobody claimed to be a victim, but why do you need to be so bitter about someone that is less fortunate than yourself getting a little help to get them out of a bad situation?  Will keeping them in a no win situation really teach them anything?  We don't have debtor's prisons and will never have them.  Therefore, we can try to get them on their feet or allow them to default.  Which one makes more sense?

You said they were being held down by their debts. Held down is a close approximation to being a victim.

We aren't talking about a little help. Have you not seen what the cost of this bail-out would be? Many, many billions.

About the less fortunate than I was, I disagree. Paying student loans off is a grind but honest people think they have to do it. I suspect that a large percentage of those currently welshing on student debts are more fortunate than I was when I was paying mine back. Some survey showed that a high percentage of them, if given $10,000, would rather use it on a vacation or European travel than pay their student loans down. Doesn't sound unfortunate to me. It sounds irresponsible.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Some survey showed that a high percentage of them, if given $10,000, would rather use it on a vacation or European travel than pay their student loans down. 

I guess it's a good thing their balance would go down 10k rather than giving them a 10k check.

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Trump brought nothing upon himself.... poor guy.  You can't actually believe that.  Do you not remember the number of people sounding alarms during the Trump years?  Many of them were people from his own cabinet.  Others were whistleblowers, moderate Republicans and at the end Republicans in states that refused to help him manipulate the results of elections in their states.

George W. Bush, John McCain, Mitt Romney and a list of once respected Republicans all sounded alarms as to what kind of man Trump is.  Soon after, they too got pet names and banishment from the fringe right that believes that a man that urinates in a golden toilet actually has their best interests at heart.

Again, don’t know how many times I have to say it.   I’m not a Trump apologist.   Don’t care about the man one way or the other.    Do you take that same finger and point it towards Biden? You probably don’t.   The guy has said and done things just as cringy as Trump.   But you could care less.   You’re a puppet for the left like all the rest.    You fail to point out the hypocrisy of the left.    In case you weren’t paying attention, they both are corrupt and only out for themselves.     

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

I guess it's a good thing their balance would go down 10k rather than giving them a 10k check.

They don't care if their balance is paid down or not, they would rather go on a lavish vacation. So why should we taxpayers care?

A good thing is simply having them pay back the loans they agreed to pay back when they signed the paperwork and took the money.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

You said they were being held down by their debts. Held down is a close approximation to being a victim.

We aren't talking about a little help. Have you not seen what the cost of this bail-out would be? Many, many billions.

About the less fortunate than I was, I disagree. Paying student loans off is a grind but honest people think they have to do it. I suspect that a large percentage of those currently welshing on student debts are more fortunate than I was when I was paying mine back. Some survey showed that a high percentage of them, if given $10,000, would rather use it on a vacation or European travel than pay their student loans down. Doesn't sound unfortunate to me. It sounds irresponsible.

They aren't cutting them a check for $10k.  For a very few, this will pay the majority of their debt, but for most it will only reduce their debt by that amount.  For some, it will allow them to get back above water and on schedule with their payments. 

If someone is in debt (just throwing a number out there) 100k and they have defaulted, would it be better for them to stay in default and one day settle the default with a 20K settlement payoff, thereby having the government eat the other 80K or give them 10K toward the debt and restructure so that they can get their payments back on track?

Keep in mind, few of them ever saw real cash in hand.  When they signed the paperwork, that money usually went directly to the financial aid office of the school they were attending at the time.  If there was a balance remaining, it often went to room and board.  I'm sure there are instances of people taking out loans they didn't need and blowing the money, but that is more the exception than the rule, especially with the large loan accounts.

Edited by AU9377

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

They aren't cutting them a check for $10k.  For a very few, this will pay the majority of their debt, but for most it will only reduce their debt by that amount.  For some, it will allow them to get back above water and on schedule with their payments. 

If someone is in debt (just throwing a number out there) 100k and they have defaulted, would it be better for them to stay in default and one day settle the default with a 20K settlement payoff, thereby having the government eat the other 80K or give them 10K toward the debt and restructure so that they can get their payments back on track?

Again, why should the neighborhood carpenter pay 10k to reduce his banker's student loans?

This isn't about 10k. It's about $300 BILLION over the next ten years. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/us-department-education-estimate-biden-harris-student-debt-relief-cost-average-30-billion-annually-over-next-decade

18 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Biden will look at him and laugh.  You have bought into this fake narrative that Biden is somehow not mentally capable of handling himself.  That didn't pan out during the last debate between himself and Trump

Biden has handlers, there is no doubt.  This is from last year:

The last debate the media covered for the man.  The next debate, no matter who he is up against, Hunter’s laptop will be discussed.  In the last debate the 51 secret service officers gave Biden an out.  The next debate it will have to be addressed and you and I know how Biden reacts to attacks on his family name.  He won’t have the mental toughness to survive that unless the media cuts the discussion short.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Again, why should the neighborhood carpenter pay 10k to reduce his banker's student loans?

This isn't about 10k. It's about $300 BILLION over the next ten years. https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/us-department-education-estimate-biden-harris-student-debt-relief-cost-average-30-billion-annually-over-next-decade

You are assuming it isn't the carpenter's own kids getting the loans.  That is just an assumption.  You can take that and apply it to anything.  How many things does the government spend money on that aren't a direct benefit of an individual tax payer?  Many, if not most things.  That doesn't mean that there is no benefit overall. 

It always amazes me how many people that complain about government programs of some kind benefit from something else.  People will rail all day about entitlement programs and then I find out that they have been on disability for 5 years, as an example.  They use that disability to go out and buy a $60k truck so that they can pull a camper for their weekend excursions, yet they are "disabled."  Government programs don't just benefit the poor or those that don't want to work.  Those are simply the programs that are popular for some to complain about. 

It is no less government welfare when the state spends millions on top of millions for a company to open a manufacturing plant somewhere.  It may be a great idea and what is best for people, but it is still taking someone else's taxpayer dollars to give someone else a job.

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden has handlers, there is no doubt.  This is from last year:

The last debate the media covered for the man.  The next debate, no matter who he is up against, Hunter’s laptop will be discussed.  In the last debate the 51 secret service officers gave Biden an out.  The next debate it will have to be addressed and you and I know how Biden reacts to attacks on his family name.  He won’t have the mental toughness to survive that unless the media cuts the discussion short.

And you will buy into whatever Hannity, Tucker Carlson and the women with fake lips on Fox tell you is the reason he doesn't fall apart next time.  Then you will look for some other reason when he wins Georgia again and Pennsylvania, without pausing to consider that just maybe people liked him better than the liar and narcissist on the other side of the ballot.  These little clips get pulled out of context and still prove nothing.  Is he the best candidate? No.  Is he a better candidate than Trump? By every measure.

Edited by AU9377
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

And you will buy into whatever Hannity, Tucker Carlson and the women with fake lips on Fox tell you is the reason he doesn't fall apart next time.  Then you will look for some other reason when he wins Georgia again and Pennsylvania, without pausing to consider that just maybe people liked him better than the liar and narcissist on the other side of the ballot.  These little clips get pulled out of context.  Is he the best candidate? No.  Is he a better candidate than Trump? By every measure.

No one has to buy into anything the media says, it there right in front of you.  He shakes hands with no one and walks off stage in the wrong direction.  It’s as if he finishes his speech and then goes brain dead.  The man ain’t right in the head.

My hope is someone other the Trump will win the Republican nomination and it will not be a contest.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Ohhhh that evil Soros... the man behind the curtain...   That is such nonsense.  That is the Fox "tell them what they want to hear" machine's favorite boogey man. 

It's really scary that anyone is naive enough not to think Soros is trying to destroy America as we know it. But that's your choice. You just keep on watching Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You are assuming it isn't the carpenter's own kids getting the loans.  That is just an assumption.  You can take that and apply it to anything.  How many things does the government spend money on that aren't a direct benefit of an individual tax payer?  Many, if not most things.  That doesn't mean that there is no benefit overall. 

It always amazes me how many people that complain about government programs of some kind benefit from something else.  People will rail all day about entitlement programs and then I find out that they have been on disability for 5 years, as an example.  They use that disability to go out and buy a $60k truck so that they can pull a camper for their weekend excursions, yet they are "disabled."  Government programs don't just benefit the poor or those that don't want to work.  Those are simply the programs that are popular for some to complain about. 

It is no less government welfare when the state spends millions on top of millions for a company to open a manufacturing plant somewhere.  It may be a great idea and what is best for people, but it is still taking someone else's taxpayer dollars to give someone else a job.

I’m not sure, but I think you maybe the most clueless person on this board.   Literally, everything you said is your opinion or exaggeration and you make it out like it is facts.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not sure, but I think you maybe the most clueless person on this board.   Literally, everything you said is your opinion or exaggeration and you make it out like it is facts.   

What I said.....

This is called reasoning. I was replying to another person's argument.  If you can point to anything that I stated in this paragraph that is an unreasonable assertion of some kind, please tell me what it is.  I am many things, but clueless is not one of them.

Are you claiming that tax dollars are not spent on many things that do not directly benefit individual taxpayers? I doubt it, because that statement isn't something that is really debatable.

5 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

It's really scary that anyone is naive enough not to think Soros is trying to destroy America as we know it. But that's your choice. You just keep on watching Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon.

There we go with the "destroying America" line.  Is he destroying America to a greater extent than the Koch family?  You have bought in hook line and sinker to the man being some great evil boogey man, so much so  that you allow others to use his name to influence how you think.

He is a self made billionaire. If he supported Republican candidates for election, you would hail him as an example of what can be achieved.  He survived the Nazis as a boy in Hungary with forged papers claiming to be a Christian.  Once he made it to Britain, he was able to get his education.  In the U.K. and U.S. he became a very wealthy venture capitalist and fund manager.

Do I agree with everything he does to make money? No.  Do I think he wants to destroy America?  No.  Why would he want that?  He funds $12 billion dollars worth of educational scholarships world wide to students from impoverished backgrounds.  A large number of those are in Eastern Europe.  In other words, trying to help kids like he was once better themselves.

• Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No one has to buy into anything the media says, it there right in front of you.  He shakes hands with no one and walks off stage in the wrong direction.  It’s as if he finishes his speech and then goes brain dead.  The man ain’t right in the head.

My hope is someone other the Trump will win the Republican nomination and it will not be a contest.

One thing that I do appreciate Biden's administration for improving is our relations with allies around the world. 

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

What I said.....

This is called reasoning. I was replying to another person's argument.  If you can point to anything that I stated in this paragraph that is an unreasonable assertion of some kind, please tell me what it is.  I am many things, but clueless is not one of them.

Are you claiming that tax dollars are not spent on many things that do not directly benefit individual taxpayers? I doubt it, because that statement isn't something that is really debatable.

So, you took one paragraph out of your entire statement to make a point.   you just made my point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

One thing that I do appreciate Biden's administration for improving is our relations with allies around the world. 

Wow I'm blown away that you believe this and are so naive about Soros. Unbelievable. I'm sure you don't care but you have lost all credibility with me and that's never happened with anyone on this board.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

There we go with the "destroying America" line.  Is he destroying America to a greater extent than the Koch family?  You have bought in hook line and sinker to the man being some great evil boogey man, so much so  that you allow others to use his name to influence how you think.

He is a self made billionaire. If he supported Republican candidates for election, you would hail him as an example of what can be achieved.  He survived the Nazis as a boy in Hungary with forged papers claiming to be a Christian.  Once he made it to Britain, he was able to get his education.  In the U.K. and U.S. he became a very wealthy venture capitalist and fund manager.

Do I agree with everything he does to make money? No.  Do I think he wants to destroy America?  No.  Why would he want that?  He funds $12 billion dollars worth of educational scholarships world wide to students from impoverished backgrounds.  A large number of those are in Eastern Europe.  In other words, trying to help kids like he was once better themselves.

He pilfered money and riches from his people, the Jews, all the while aiding the Germans persecution of the Jews.  He chose poorly then and has never expressed regret.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

He pilfered money and riches from his people, the Jews, all the while aiding the Germans persecution of the Jews.  He chose poorly then and has never expressed regret.

Link?