Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

AU loses 46-43, UT gets away with an egregious foul on the 3 pt attempt by Wendell that would've tied it but no call, guess that only works if you're UVA or if you're playing AU. At the end of the day we didn't play well enough to win this game 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 2

I‘m not exactly sure what I just watched. 
When you have no shooter, run the ball through your big men. 

• Like 1

Wow. Refs hosed us the whole game. I'd have the SEC review several of these calls. But I must say, Wendell has shown the ball in his hands in the last seconds of either the game or the half goes wrong way more than it goes right.  It's almost like he wasn't even aware of how much time was left. 

• Like 1

One of the worst offensive performances by both teams that I've ever witnessed. It's too late for this season, we are stuck with what we have (or don't have), but Bruce has to hit the portal hard for guards. Wendell and KD need to be processed. You're winning nothing with them.

• Like 1

Too bad those refs weren't calling the Virginia game...Samir would have a  championship instead of ending his career on a touch foul.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

100% NCAA has to fix the trash officiating. College sports have an officiating problem, and it’s pretty glaring. Not even fun to watch anymore because officials have too much sway in the outcomes of games. Wendell should have gone to the line, and everyone knows it. He got fouled like three times in one shot. Lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm glad Bruce went after the refs.  I kind of wish he colud have gotten on front of that ref and truly spoken his mind.

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have a healthy respect for you basketball guys @Maverick.AU, @cole256@GwillMac6 

But I just cannot watch this brand of basketball lol. No doubt, I bet it is fun and the players love it, but boy is it frustrating. Nevertheless, it is the way of the game, even looking at the professionals.

Regroup for next time boys.

Where were you last game!? We scored 94 points!!! Come on now!!! 😂😂This is just college basketball in a nutshell for a lot of teams most years. Maddening inconsistency. It’s bad offense that gets spun as “good” defense if a team wins enough like Tennessee def has. They are historically good on defense by the numbers this season. We won a game exactly like this against northwestern in Mexico 🇲🇽 earlier this season. It’s games like these no casual fan is watching. Only fans of said 2 teams playing.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

FF05093F-C4C3-4620-9794-59F605D8F08C.webp

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

100% NCAA has to fix the trash officiating. College sports have an officiating problem, and it’s pretty glaring. Not even fun to watch anymore because officials have too much sway in the outcomes of games. Wendell should have gone to the line, and everyone knows it. He got fouled like three times in one shot. Lol. 

Football is just as bad. Probably worse actually. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I'm glad Bruce went after the refs.  I kind of wish he colud have gotten on front of that ref and truly spoken his mind.

Oh he heard him. That's why he kept walking away from Bruce. Wanted no parts. 

Bruce was following the refs around the court after the game livid.  I am a little surprised how long he was trying to hunt them down.

Fans weren’t too bad.  Still prefer how Auburn promotes the atmosphere, biases aside.

War Eagle always.  

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Oh he heard him. That's why he kept walking away from Bruce. Wanted no parts. 

He heard him, but he didn't get to really hear him...lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Where were you last game!? We scored 94 points!!! Come on now!!! 😂😂This is just college basketball in a nutshell for a lot of teams most years. Maddening inconsistency. It’s bad offense that gets spun as “good” defense if a team wins enough like Tennessee def has. They are historically good on defense by the numbers this season. We won a game exactly like this against northwestern in Mexico 🇲🇽 earlier this season. It’s games like these no casual fan is watching. Only fans of said 2 teams playing.

Yep when the shots on it is good. When the shot is off it is bad. Nevertheless, when you are shooting historically bad, there needs to be a sense to change it up.  Let's get some second chance points, crash the boards, steal off transition, etc. To be down a couple of possessions and to shoot a contested three off a fast break. That is just not smart man. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1