Men vs Tennessee Game Thread

Maverick.AU

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

And to think I laughed at Vanderbilt only scoring 44 against Bama. 

Bama will chew this team up and be done at halftime. I love what BP has done for this program, but after this team I am beginning to wonder about how well they scout talent. We had two of the best players in the nation last year and still we only managed what one win in the dance. Just have to wonder if complacency has set it with BP and this staff. Lose today, like it is looking like and he can longer brag on that Top 25 thing. Just disappointed I guess. 

Tennessee has I think 10 second chance points to zero to Auburn as well. Just a bad shooting day. It is what it is! 

Auburn lives or dies on Green.  Auburn doesn’t have anyone behind him good enough to play for an extended period of time at this point.  

Broome wide open in the lane and Green misses him? How? It’s a basic pick and roll: you KNOW where is is!

I have a healthy respect for you basketball guys @Maverick.AU, @cole256@GwillMac6 

But I just cannot watch this brand of basketball lol. No doubt, I bet it is fun and the players love it, but boy is it frustrating. Nevertheless, it is the way of the game, even looking at the professionals.

Regroup for next time boys.

• Like 1

I thought it was a pretty strong performance from THIS Auburn team. They did everything they possibly could with what they have. I don’t know what realistically could’ve improved on offense knowing every player on this team and how they generally play. 

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Bama will chew this team up and be done at halftime. I love what BP has done for this program, but after this team I am beginning to wonder about how well they scout talent. We had two of the best players in the nation last year and still we only managed what one win in the dance. Just have to wonder if complacency has set it with BP and this staff. Lose today, like it is looking like and he can longer brag on that Top 25 thing. Just disappointed I guess. 

He just got two huge commitments this week so I don't think complacency has anything to do with it. It's just not a good team this year. You're right, I think Bama wins easily. I hate that GameDay is coming for that game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I have a healthy respect for you basketball guys @Maverick.AU, @cole256@GwillMac6 

But I just cannot watch this brand of basketball lol. No doubt, I bet it is fun and the players love it, but boy is it frustrating. Nevertheless, it is the way of the game, even looking at the professionals.

Regroup for next time boys.

Do you actually watch the pros? The league shooting percentage continues to climb even as the 3pt attempts rise. This is nothing like the pros, lol.

3 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

It's a mixture of coaching and not having legitimate scorers at the guard position. And our guard play is the reason why we only won once in the tournament. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dunndone414 said:

Do you actually watch the pros? The league shooting percentage continues to climb even as the 3pt attempts rise. This is nothing like the pros, lol.

I was talking about the high percentage of volume of shots. Not the actual shooting percentage. Do you watch the pros?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Bruce was loyal to his guys. Whether that’s a positive or negative depends on your perspective. But we knew coming into this season that KD and Allen are well below SEC average basketball players - this isn’t a surprise.

Thing is, if you're having a "bad shooting day" there are tactical options with a skill pool like ours. Sticking with the same 3 plans when they arent working (not b/c of Vols either D) is odd. E.g. Broome is quite good at the pick & roll but it's been utterly ignored today.