Meanest player at Auburn?

aubiefifty

Who was the meanest S.O.B. to ever play for auburn football? and if it is close should we ad a top three? golf i bet you know quite a lot about this. i thought it might be a fun topic before things heat up again. i was shocked some guys said jeff burger was one of the meanest.qb's to ever play at auburn so i am curious. i know most Auburn players are badass in our hearts but do we have enough players that could kick yo behind on the field or off?

6 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Meanest or toughest roughest player?

Mike Kolen "cap'n crunch"  

i guess all of the above is allowed. we had players shooting guns in dorms and one player supposedly shot a pistol waiting in line at the movie theatre if i remember the story right.

It was said about Ziemba:

He ain't got no friends on the field, after he sent one of the DL guys to the hospital during practice.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i guess all of the above is allowed. we had players shooting guns in dorms and one player supposedly shot a pistol waiting in line at the movie theatre if i remember the story right.

yeah,  it is kind of open to interpretation. 

dakota mosely  was charged/convicted  with first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and third-degree theft of property (but that is more ignorant  than mean)

Captain Crunch on the field

Not sure about take you out behind the barn for a woopin' tho.

I heard bigbird pushed an old lady down the up escalator one time.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

yeah,  it is kind of open to interpretation. 

dakota mosely  was charged/convicted  with first-degree robbery, first-degree burglary and third-degree theft of property (but that is more ignorant  than mean)

Captain Crunch on the field

Not sure about take you out behind the barn for a woopin' tho.

I heard big bird push an old lady down the up escalator one time.

i heard runnin red does not really run he just kinda ambles along..................i hope you get to hear some of golfs stories as they are eye opening. and that old lady was my mom and she was just trying to pluck some butt feathers because she thought he was hawt............grins

Wade Christopher of course! Pffft

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

David Langner 

Ken Bernich

Jason Miska 

Takeo Spikes 

Carlo Cheatom 

Immediately come to mind. 

Story goes that Bernich after knocking some running back senseless picked him up off the ground, and facemask to facemask said," Getting kinda rough out here ain't it boy?"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Those guys fall under the stupid category, not meanest. As mentioned above I'd say Burger, Gargis, Burnich. I never saw Kolen play at Auburn but you don't get a nickname like Captain Crunch for no reason. 

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He grew up hauling hay in the summers. Square ones, not the big round ones they move with tractors.

That was hard hot work but the money I earned from it helped me buy my first car. I always wanted to be the guy that drove one of the pickups around the field. Never happened lol. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Meanest player at Auburn?
17 hours ago, weagl1 said:

David Langner was the hardest hitter and the toughest.  Mike Flynn was the meanest.  

I went to school with two of Langer's cousins, tough family. Their family tree would be hickory. 

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

That was hard hot work but the money I earned from it helped me buy my first car. I always wanted to be the guy that drove one of the pickups around the field. Never happened lol. 

Yeah that job went by seniority 

LB Danny Skutack was known for being a pretty mean man. And 150 pound WR Rusty Byrd seemed to get into at least one fight per game. 😅

92828E6B-5CDF-4981-9E24-4BC4141DF4EE.jpeg

Edited by Gowebb11

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Those guys fall under the stupid category, not meanest. As mentioned above I'd say Burger, Gargis, Burnich. I never saw Kolen play at Auburn but you don't get a nickname like Captain Crunch for no reason. 

Mike Kolen was a very hard hitter but I don't think "mean" suits him at all. Kolen was a very religious man, he once stated "I play the game the way I imagine Jesus Christ would play it". Kolen played hard but not mean.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Was it Reese Dismukes who through a 5-star recruit out of an Auburn bar on a recruiting trip because he was trying to recruit other prospects away from Auburn? That's pretty hardcore, if true!!!

• Like 4