Men vs Missouri

gr82b4au

• Love 1

• Like 2

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

Also. Will Stretch see the floor ever again?

In anything resembling semi-competitive ball, I don't think so. CBP, at least with this current roster, is not really interested in putting exclusively bench warmers in (I haven't seen him do it since conference play started). It's usually at least one, if not two, rotation guys in. And Stretch has generally been one of the odd men out there. 

Even if he had no one else available, I woulda thunk it more worthwhile to give his scholly to Berman and just bring some other PWO in. I don't know if a potential locker room/morale guy should have THAT much value when you have as many personalities and old heads as we have on this team. That's just me the fan talking, me the former student, I'm glad he got everything out of what was offered. CBP gave him a scholarship (for whatever reason) and continued to allow him to have that scholarship after 2020, which is literally the last time he had real value in the rotation. That's a Bruce problem 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I can understand the muted response with how down in the dumps its been recently, record wise. I certainly wasn't as excited as I would be if I felt better about the state of things as a whole. But Auburn probably played one of their best halves of basketball that anyone has seen against a team that I thought was better than them (not by much but better). Even played a good enough second half to not unravel the work that they put in. 

It's hard to view games in a vacuum, but this is one that should feel really good as just a one off win  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I can understand the muted response with how down in the dumps its been recently, record wise. I certainly wasn't as excited as I would be if I felt better about the state of things as a whole. But Auburn probably played one of their best halves of basketball that anyone has seen against a team that I thought was better than them (not by much but better). Even played a good enough second half to not unravel the work that they put in. 

It's hard to view games in a vacuum, but this is one that should feel really good as just a one off win  

I get we have lost some games recently but they were all close and to good teams and all were on the road besides the one we lost to the number 1 ranked team. We are so so close. I know we have to close and get over the hump but it’s not as bad as it seemed. We got really unlucky we didn’t take 1 of the West Virginia, tamu or Tennessee road games tbh. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And yes I know I’m a flipping raging hypocrite because I only comment on the game threads….. after the game!!! 😂😂 but that’s just because I can’t furiously pace my floor back and forth and type at the same time!!! Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And yes I know I’m a flipping raging hypocrite because I only comment on the game threads….. after the game!!! 😂😂 but that’s just because I can’t furiously pace my floor back and forth and type at the same time!!! Lol

LOL…glad I’m not the only one with high anxiety during these games. So bad at times I just turn the TV off….only to turn it back on 90 seconds later. Last nights game was blissfully enjoyable!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, tomcat said:

LOL…glad I’m not the only one with high anxiety during these games. So bad at times I just turn the TV off….only to turn it back on 90 seconds later. Last nights game was blissfully enjoyable!

My absolute favorite and best kind of game! This game and the Georgia one were my favorite sec games all season! With the lsu and South Carolina wins right behind them. No stress. No anxiety. Just fun and peaceful.

• Like 2

Congrats on the team for getting this much needed win and playing really well. Gotta have this kind of play show up more frequently though. Lets see if they can follow it up with another good showing. We really need to get these next 2 wins before we run the final 3 game gauntlet of Kentucky, Bama, Tenn to finish the regular season. I think 3 more wins gets us in the tourney no question. Anything less than that and the bubble talk may start. We'll be an interesting case for the committee. Ranked most of the season.....20+ wins (hopefully) and some good wins but none that are really impressive.  

• Like 1

This win right here "could" be the catalyst needed for this team to get it going and make a run. Complete game and at the right time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

i was a little down last night and this game lifted me up. i cannot remember enjoying a game like this since we had chis porter and would embarrass bama on the court. just total domination and i love they showed that killer instinct.

I LOVED the ball movement in this game (from what I could get away with watching during a Valentines Dinner with my wife). We had more good shots in this game than probably the last 2 games combined. I looked at the box score and WG had 5 points and 9 assists. That's how I'd love to see him operate in the future, and I think will play a role in this team being successful. Facilitate first and you will get better looks, and your FG% will go up, and much less hero scoring and iso 3s or fadeaway 18 footers.

• Like 1

Its hard to draw too much from this game, as we shot 50% from three and almost doubled them up in rebounds. Moore at the 4 didn't hurt us as Mizzou doesn't have much size and does not attack the rim. There were some positives beyond the shooting. The ball movement was good, not getting the ball stuck on one side of the floor as much. Lior was more aggressive offensively in the first half. He took two shots almost as soon as he went in the game. KD has been playing more under control even during our recent losses, and tonight he was under control AND making shots. Happy for him after all the heat he gets. 

Stange game with Green not making a single shot!. I don't think that is our recipe going forward, but its clear how much better we play offensively when he makes an intentional effort to move the ball more and not over dribble. 

Still have my doubts about Moore at the 4, but maybe this group is finding its rhythm with this lineup.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Folks, As I've stated before basketball is a tournament sport. Rankings mean squat. You need to get in the tournament. Then it's all about match ups and who u play. BTW, we were a bubble team in 2019 until we got hot last 2 wks of the season. Also recall New Mexico St had an open look to beat us in 1st round.... It's all about the matchups....

Here's my take. First of all for me the frustration of the losses and just the win/lose thing in general....I get frustrated when I see the same problems from year to year and us not adjusting. That will make me speak more. 

As far as last night game, as well as they played it's because they literally know they are better. That's why I feel it's important to having an alpha guy that everybody can look at and think no matter what we can win the game. It injects confidence in you.

I remember when I played let's say in Auburn 's ACT the pressure and play changes so dramatically at the end of a game. Because people have in their head I can't believe we are so close to beating these guys, or sometimes you see 5 come up and everybody on the team coming up just knows they are going to lose and play horrible. You pick up one or two guys off that team and they play much better than what they showed initially, because when they played horribly they were defeated walking on to the court. 

At the end of games against decent teams we freeze and pucker up...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Here's my take. First of all for me the frustration of the losses and just the win/lose thing in general....I get frustrated when I see the same problems from year to year and us not adjusting. That will make me speak more. 

As far as last night game, as well as they played it's because they literally know they are better. That's why I feel it's important to having an alpha guy that everybody can look at and think no matter what we can win the game. It injects confidence in you.

I remember when I played let's say in Auburn 's ACT the pressure and play changes so dramatically at the end of a game. Because people have in their head I can't believe we are so close to beating these guys, or sometimes you see 5 come up and everybody on the team coming up just knows they are going to lose and play horrible. You pick up one or two guys off that team and they play much better than what they showed initially, because when they played horribly they were defeated walking on to the court. 

At the end of games against decent teams we freeze and pucker up...

I also mentioned in the thread at the end that Missouri stayed in their press the entire game.  Auburn quickly showed that we had a great scout on for that press and destroyed it every time and just used Mizzou aggressiveness against them.  Helps that we made shots of course. Mizzou should have switched to a half court game when they saw we would break it with ease. We also made the extra pass a lot of times.  You can tell that the boys were thinking of the scheme on every possession where we would hesitate ever so slightly, waiting for Mizzou to make that overcommit.  Then we would drive the lane.  Got a few travels in anticipation of the move.

On the defensive side, excellent plan.  I don't know if Brown for Mizzou had a single point until a drive and foul late in the game. So in conclusion, I wonder if this was just a great scout and execution, or if we are trying to crank it up a gear.  We have a good little run here before the final gauntlet to close reg season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IMO, I think two more wins and Auburn should be safe for the tournament. The Northwestern win even though ugly is looking better and better. All the remaining games minus Bama are a toss up. However, if u get a performance like last night who knows what might happen.

So good to have another one in the W column. The guys played great defense and worked really hard. A quality win!

So, just asking, is this the last Auburn win of the season? The rest of the schedule is brutal. Then SECC. It's a tough road.

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, AURex said:

So good to have another one in the W column. The guys played great defense and worked really hard. A quality win!

So, just asking, is this the last Auburn win of the season? The rest of the schedule is brutal. Then SECC. It's a tough road.

We should be favored the next two games- Vandy and Ole Miss. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2023 at 9:56 PM, GwillMac6 said:

2 pages on a 30 point beat down win!? AU family what are we doing!? This keeps being a problem!! The games we lose have double digit page numbers or close to it…. 😭😢😔I know I know. I keep bringing this up but it truly doesn’t make sense to me! This was by far our biggest win of the year!!!

44D59863-C975-4B32-AEE8-B31F71F2D59B.gif

Well my friend, you certainly did your part in the game thread!!!!

image.gif

I am like you, I usually don’t post during the game.  My family has a text group chat during the games, so if I do stop pacing, I respond to that before I post on here.  

But yeah, it seems like a lot of folks want to post to vent when things aren’t going well, and not post when things are going well.   It’s their therapy!  So consider yourself  Dr. @GwillMac6!!!😁

Edited by AUinMS9528
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, AURex said:

I certainly don't think so. Should be favored in at least 2 maybe 3 games. Think we have a chance to upset UT at home as well. I'd say 2-3 more wins. Before tourneys that is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

We should be favored the next two games- Vandy and Ole Miss. 

And Tennessee at home is winnable. We shoot a tad better and we beat them at their place last game. 

• Like 2