2023 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

8 minutes ago, toddc said:

Come home young man, although I’m not sure what he did at Tennessee last year. 8.3 points/game and a few good games 

Did I call it (4-5 posts up) or what!? 😎

• Like 1

• Like 1

Apparently the May 1st transfer deadline for eligibility next year is just a suggestion..

5 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Apparently the May 1st transfer deadline for eligibility next year is just a suggestion..

Is b-ball the same as football? May 11th?

Edited by toddc

56 minutes ago, toddc said:

Read on hear at some point a few weeks back, something along the lines that we have been holding out on him to enter the portal. 

14 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Read on hear at some point a few weeks back, something along the lines that we have been holding out on him to enter the portal. 

My understanding was the guy we were waiting for was Lawrence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Yeah there was a tweet that I posted that alluded to it, I'd have to dig for it though 

On 4/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Nothing worth getting immediately excited about, but if we end up slow playing some wings that seemed like they’d be upcoming takes, I feel like this would all be connected

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Idk the exacts but dates ARE different for fall and winter sports.  I believe basketball is considered winter. 

3 hours ago, toddc said:

@toddc Bball to enter and play for the NCAA is May 11. To enter from one SEC and transfer to play immediately at another SEC school is May 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@toddc Bball to enter and play for the NCAA is May 11. To enter from one SEC and transfer to play immediately at another SEC school is May 1.

You think Phillips would have to sit out a year to play for AU?

19 minutes ago, toddc said:

You think Phillips would have to sit out a year to play for AU?

Maybe not based on something JLee post a couple hours ago that I just saw.

@AUBwins

56 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Even if there is a chance this doesn’t hold water, why is AU and CBP seeming to slow play all of this???

2 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

Even if there is a chance this doesn’t hold water, why is AU and CBP seeming to slow play all of this???

@TigerPAC What makes you think they are?

45 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe not based on something JLee post a couple hours ago that I just saw.

@AUBwins

FWIW JGT is hearing differently from his AU sources. They think it will be difficult for Phillips to transfer in the SEC and play immediately and Flan to transfer & play immediately at Ole Miss.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@TigerPAC What makes you think they are?

@ellitorits late May 10 and nothing concrete announced or confirmed.  Does that not seem slow to you?   If you know the deadlines and are still “waiting”, that’s slow or unsure.  I’d hate to be a coach now (except for the$)

7 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

@ellitorits late May 10 and nothing concrete announced or confirmed.  Does that not seem slow to you?   If you know the deadlines and are still “waiting”, that’s slow or unsure.  I’d hate to be a coach now (except for the$)

@TigerPAC Now I'm confused. Your original question was avout Bruce slow playing byr this post sounds like you are asking about the players.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW JGT is hearing differently from his AU sources. They think it will be difficult for Phillips to transfer in the SEC and play immediately and Flan to transfer & play immediately at Ole Miss.

I thought players got one free transfer without having to sit out a year. Is this wrong?

18 hours ago, toddc said:

Come home young man, although I’m not sure what he did at Tennessee last year. 8.3 points/game and a few good games 

If Bruce deemed him too expensive last year and not worth the NIL. Why would he all of a sudden think he's worth $$$$

1 hour ago, zeroforwinger said:

I thought players got one free transfer without having to sit out a year. Is this wrong?

The SEC has stupid self imposed conference deadlines that intra conference transfers have to meet

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The SEC has stupid self imposed conference deadlines that intra conference transfers have to meet

Ahh thanks. That is really stupid because then good players will just leave the conference. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

So does anyone know whats going on? Who we are targeting now and in what order? Are we expecting resolution anytime soon?

No one knows. Just a bunch of guesses

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If Bruce deemed him too expensive last year and not worth the NIL. Why would he all of a sudden think he's worth $$$$

I think once he experienced the alternative this past year, he realized that JP may be worth a little more than he originally thought.  😁