2024 5*+ WR Cam Coleman FLIPS TO AU FROM A&M!!!

ellitor

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

IMG_5976.jpeg

CHF: There is a dude behind me, wearing shorts, skinny white legs, hat backwards, texting, and behind him is a dude walking up in a stupid Bama shirt, look back there and tell me, am I wrong -- I am the One Morpheus seeks.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

What is actually the story with him? I vaguely remember reading a little about it back when it happened, but I had other things going on in life so I wasn't really paying as much attention to it as I typically would. I don't recall any of the details now, though. 

When he was at FSU, he stopped to insulting Auburn to get recruits. After he came to Auburn, he threw some hissy fit about not being listened to enough and and left. I honestly didn’t love that we hired him the first time given the recruiting tactics he was using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

When he was at FSU, he stopped to insulting Auburn to get recruits. After he came to Auburn, he threw some hissy fit about not being listened to enough and and left. I honestly didn’t love that we hired him the first time given the recruiting tactics he was using.

Do we know for a fact, like heard it ourselves, he was insulting Auburn? Some people twist words and “insulting” could be one of those words. I didn’t here him say it so I don’t necessarily believe it. 

16 minutes ago, creed said:

Do we know for a fact, like heard it ourselves, he was insulting Auburn? Some people twist words and “insulting” could be one of those words. I didn’t here him say it so I don’t necessarily believe it. 

Some of our coaches and some high school coaches claimed he was doing a lot of "dissin" Auburn. Did I hear it? No. Do I believe them? Yes.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

So we as a fan base are mad at a guy for negatively recruiting against his competition? 

Not one person has given a legitimate reason why he shouldn’t be allowed to be on an Auburn staff. Not one. 

The same folks who whine and b*tch about Gus are mad that Dameyune whined and b*tched about Gus. 

Please, someone in the know, enlighten us on what he did that was so bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So we as a fan base are mad at a guy for negatively recruiting against his competition? 

Not one person has given a legitimate reason why he shouldn’t be allowed to be on an Auburn staff. Not one. 

The same folks who whine and b*tch about Gus are mad that Dameyune whined and b*tched about Gus. 

Please, someone in the know, enlighten us on what he did that was so bad. 

Yeah, I doubt it's unique to us of course but we can be kind of petty sometimes. Especially when burying the hatchet, in this case, could land us a game-changing commitment. If FSU (speaking of hatchets) hires CDC and Coleman follows him, will anyone still be glad we chose that hill to die on?

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, I doubt it's unique to us of course but we can be kind of petty sometimes. Especially when burying the hatchet, in this case, could land us a game-changing commitment. If FSU hires CDC and Coleman follows him, will anyone still be glad we chose that hill to die on?

Oh you know they will try to spin it.

“Coleman had behavior issues and we are better off”

That above line sound familiar? It should because we had people advocating for not taking Keon Coleman who btw had 0 drops this season. Zero!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh you know they will try to spin it.

“Coleman had behavior issues and we are better off”

That above line sound familiar? It should because we had people advocating for not taking Keon Coleman who btw had 0 drops this season. Zero!

The guy who might win the Heisman this year was also an entitled spoiled brat locker room cancer, lol.

Edited by AUwent
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Yeah, I doubt it's unique to us of course but we can be kind of petty sometimes. Especially when burying the hatchet, in this case, could land us a game-changing commitment. If FSU (speaking of hatchets) hires CDC and Coleman follows him, will anyone still be glad we chose that hill to die on?

You seem to think the only way AU gets Cam Coleman is if we hire D Craig. Pretty on brand for you….

IMG_5613.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You seem to think the only way AU gets Cam Coleman is if we hire D Craig. Pretty on brand for you….

IMG_5613.gif

Why don't we maximize the chances of that happening?

I don't always agree with Jake Crain (especially on non-sports matters) but he nails it here:

I hope we can find a landing spot for Monty of course.

Edited by AUwent

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why don't we maximize the chances of that happening?

I don't always agree with Jake Crain (especially on non-sports matters) but he nails it here:

I hope we can find a landing spot for Monty of course.

So you think cam is just going to go wherever D Craig goes? What if he doesn’t get a job before signing day? What then?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

So you think cam is just going to go wherever D Craig goes? What if he doesn’t get a job before signing day? What then?

I think it definitely helps the chances of whoever gets him.

Edited by AUwent

11 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

So why hasn't this guy announced his flip yet? Seems everyone under the sun thinks he will...Screenshot_20231129_172247_Brave_1.thumb.jpg.0b8f535def975ca69bdc63a4b34d24f6.jpg

He wants that signing day spotlight. Already said he’s waiting until then to announce what he’s doing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

You seem to think the only way AU gets Cam Coleman is if we hire D Craig. Pretty on brand for you…

Elko coached with D Craig for 4 years at ATM.   In one of his first actions after getting hired, Elko announced Craig would not remain on staff.   To my knowledge he has not addressed any of the other current coaches.    Maybe Craig stole his lunch out of the fridge one day, who knows?   But, if I am a new head coach and I have a guy already on staff who is a great coach, I will find a place for them.  I would tend to trust the evaluation of the guy who has $10MM in incentives to win. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He wants that signing day spotlight. Already said he’s waiting until then to announce what he’s doing.

It could be. I’ve also heard that he is waiting until his season is over, which is about a week from now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Elko coached with D Craig for 4 years at ATM.   In one of his first actions after getting hired, Elko announced Craig would not remain on staff.   To my knowledge he has not addressed any of the other current coaches.    Maybe Craig stole his lunch out of the fridge one day, who knows?   But, if I am a new head coach and I have a guy already on staff who is a great coach, I will find a place for them.  I would tend to trust the evaluation of the guy who has $10MM in incentives to win. 

Craig was not retained because he did not develop the 4 and 5 star wide receivers he coached at A&M.  A hell of a recruiter but does not get the most out of the talent he coaches. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Craig was not retained because he did not develop the 4 and 5 star wide receivers he coached at A&M.  A hell of a recruiter but does not get the most out of the talent he coaches. 

Hard to develop your receivers when you don’t have good QB’s throwing you the ball

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Hard to develop your receivers when you don’t have good QB’s throwing you the ball

Conner Weigman is pretty good.

• Like 3

All blame should be placed on Jimbo. He had all that talent and did nothing with it. 

He is Gus+. He has a title and recruits better but they’re the same coach to an extent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Agree.  But they (like our receivers) don't even run the proper routes.  If play calls for a 10 yard and out route, they run 7 or 8 yards or even 12.

2 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Lots of buzz for Clemson. We still thinking a top 15 finish?

Saw that. Losing Coleman to Clemson after all the work they’ve put in would be tragic.