Men vs Arkansas SEC Tourney Game Thread

Maverick.AU

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

We also could have put Mark on the team.....we would be better, bammer would be worse, we'd also be set up at point for next year and give the talented guards coming in next year a mentor to transition......now we are going to be putting a bunch of pressure on guys coming in to produce immediately.

There’s no way this coaching staff isn’t constantly reminded of what they royally missed on when they see what Sears is doing at Bama.  Huge missed opportunity.

2 hours ago, woodford said:

They should give our assumed spot in the NCAA tourney to a more deserving mid major. Would be a waste of time and resources for us to fly cross country to get bounced Northwestern or someone like that. 

They could end up in Birmingham. Just throwing it out there. Bad as things may seem once the tournament starts it’s a reset for all involved.

2 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yeah, let’s add to that loss column. 

Seriously, making the tourney supersedes a potential loss. 

It does. I hope we make it but I’m not expecting much. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, keesler said:

There’s no way this coaching staff isn’t constantly reminded of what they royally missed on when they see what Sears is doing at Bama.  Huge missed opportunity.

WE ALL KNOW AT THIS POINT. WE ARE TOLD EVERY GAME. 

Sorry. I just feel like Belushi bashing the guitar on the stairwell. 

Late 70's reference for you young guys. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

WE ALL KNOW AT THIS POINT. WE ARE TOLD EVERY GAME. 

Sorry. I just feel like Belushi bashing the guitar on the stairwell. 

Late 70's reference for you young guys. 

I wish the brother well, but I can’t wait to move past this season and not have to hear about Sears again 

We missed on a LOT of dudes for one reason or another last cycle. Stevenson dropped 30 on us, that’s a guy Pearl even said he wanted before and after the game, and we never hear about him on here. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I wish the brother well, but I can’t wait to move past this season and not have to hear about Sears again 

We missed on a LOT of dudes for one reason or another last cycle. Stevenson dropped 30 on us, that’s a guy Pearl even said he wanted before and after the game, and we never hear about him on here. 

The crazy part is we wouldn’t be in this situation if the team had some consistency. The players are so Jekyl and Hyde. . Like a box of chocolates. U just don’t know what u gonna get. Missouri was probably the most complete game played all year

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

How Wendell doesn't turn this possession to a dunk for Flan is straight up unacceptable for a PG at a program like ours. I can't get over it. He even had Broome. Both guys are behind the defense. 

Of course this was the possession where he, yet again, sharted himself in crunch time with a ridiculous turnover when we needed a bucket. 

20230310_160951.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Tiger said:

How Wendell doesn't turn this possession to a dunk for Flan is straight up unacceptable for a PG at a program like ours. I can't get over it. He even had Broome. Both guys are behind the defense. 

Of course this was the possession where he, yet again, sharted himself in crunch time with a ridiculous turnover when we needed a bucket. 

20230310_160951.jpg

Let's not talk about basketball on the basketball board! We talk about the players every single game! Let's move on and read the wonderful insights about baseball on the basketball board 😂

• Love 1
  • Haha 1