Men vs Arkansas SEC Tourney Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, JKClark said:

Pearl not learning from his mistakes to trust Green in those situations. 

Yall see the last shot by WG... No follow throw. Flops around like a fish and falls down . No one touches him

• Like 2

Missed FTs and inability of our guards to finish the game sealed Auburn’s fate.

This team desperately needs a clutch player or two for next season.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JKClark said:

Pearl not learning from his mistakes to trust Green in those situations. 

He can't see past his loyalty I'm afraid

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Its uncanny how he manages to find a way not to finish.

Not exactly a very flattering trait for a starting pg to possess lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think I’ve seen enough to want KD back on the next team. Not as a starter now, but I want him out there

HARD PASS

• Like 4

Bruce trust Wendell so he went 100 miles and running toward the goal and jumps in the air without a plan. That pretty much decided the game and killed all momentum 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Just now, e808 said:

Bruce trust Wendell so he won’t 100 miles and running toward the goal and jumps in the air without a plan. That pretty much decided the game and killed all momentum 

In truth this game was lost in the first part of the second half. And by our lack of energy and effort for half this game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think I’ve seen enough to want KD back on the next team. Not as a starter now, but I want him out there

When he plays smart and controlled, he's an enormous asset.  

And, I think, I've seen him get better as the season has gone on with that.

Would love for Jaylin to come back too.  He's starting to figure out he can play with these guys and be difference maker.

AF has hit his ceiling and needs to move on to greener pastures.

• Thanks 1

Please hit the portal and bring some new guards in. I don’t think I can take this same crap again next year. Two years of it is already too much. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yall see the last shot by WG... No follow throw. Flops around like a fish and falls down . No one touches him

Yea he was fading even though he really didn’t have to because of the fear of getting blocked. That’s the one good thing about Flan he can rise up over anyone 

I love Bruce Pearl and what he’s done at Auburn is nothing short of a miracle, but we have not been the same program since he signed that extension last year. Not saying he’s packed it in. But go back and look at the record starting with them he signed. He’s raised the bar and now he’s gotta deliver us something! Makes it harder than it took a damn miracle for us to become a top 5 in the league program, but Bama just flipped a switch like it was nothing and has overtaken us again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

We simply don’t have the talent to get us over the finish line in close games. Part IQ… part size.. part skill is lacking on some level for each player. 

The team fought back and had their chance just like in the Bama game. But the deficiencies this team has is hurting us in these close games 

• Like 2

Westry will be here next year.  

Tre is coming back.  I like what I've seen of him at times. He'll evolve I think.

Holloway is a 6 footer.

Time to hit the Portal.

• Like 1

Jaylin?  Miniature PG driving into 3 tall guys in the paint, or slow down and feed Jaylin with his back to the basket?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubaseball said:

Didn’t think it was going to come down to the end but what lost the game in the end was free throws, free throws and more free throws.   

7 of 13 at the line in the second half

• Like 1

The crazy part is u can throw the entire game out the window and win the last the minutes. Make ur free throws and rebound. Auburn moves on 

Edited by e808

This is the most apathetic I’ve been about a Bruce team since he’s gotten here.  I really haven’t enjoyed the games this year like I have in the past.  Maybe they will surprise me and win a couple games in tourney.

Do u guys really think Bruce is gonna process some these guys and hit the portal.... Pearl will have to change his stripes to do that.. He's loyal to a fault. We will have the same team next yr minus zep. Plus we got another PG coming in.. Just like Aunt Bees pickles... Gotta learn to love it

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Hope that CBP can get us a few difference makers in the Portal to carry us over until our 2024 commits get signed. Then I suppose we will have been rebuilt again!?

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

This is the most apathetic I’ve been about a Bruce team since he’s gotten here.  I really haven’t enjoyed the games this year like I have in the past.  Maybe they will surprise me and win a couple games in tourney.

It's been difficult for sure.  I have enjoyed them when they are playing great and agonized when they aren't.  Perspective tells me to appreciate that we now have higher expectations.  Lots of things didn't go our way this year.  

This year will help me appreciate the more successful seasons to come.

IGTBAAT.

• Like 1