Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Just walked in... see same ole Aubie, Can't shoot.. uh Free throws ARE COACHABLE!! No offensive rebounding. Stupid Fouls. Put the Walkon shooter in..

I always question how u can play basketball and be a terrible ft shooter, I remember when I was growing up. 85-90+ ft shooters weren't that uncommon. Now it would be like finding the holy grail to find one 

1 minute ago, au701948 said:

2 Field Goals in 2nd Half. We do not deserve to win and either the players lost confidence at Halftime or CBP changed their game plan. Sad!!

Game plan changed.  We did not go into the inside and make high percentage shots like we did in the first half. We didn't drive at all in the first 10 minutes of the second half...Got away from what was working. 

I really have to put this on Pearl and I cannot believe he did this. He out-thought himself by changing what was working. It is terrible to play an entire half with only 2 FG!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

AU should never play any Houston team in Birmingham ever again. 😅

Or in basketball.  We are like 1-7 against them before tonight

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Game plan changed.  We did not go into the inside and make high percentage shots like we did in the first half. We didn't drive at all in the first 10 minutes of the second half...Got away from what was working. 

We were going inside. They were fouling our Center! We couldn't even hit a free throw to save our lives. We got their two best players out of the game!

• Like 3

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Kind of holding my breath. 

I’m not expecting much turnover. I think folks are gonna be real disappointed around here. Gut feeling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

How stupid was that?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I always question how u can play basketball and be a terrible ft shooter, I remember when I was growing up. 85-90+ ft shooters weren't that uncommon. Now it would be like finding the holy grail to find one 

Nobody practice it anymore. Just 3s

Now we need to Actually shoot 3s and KD won't pull it

1 minute ago, GTNupe11 said:

Uh not. We drove to the rim five times in a row and they blocked all five with zero fouls called. There were fouls but we didn’t finish either. Still you shoot ft average and we win.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, jj3jordan said:

Uh not. We drove to the rim five times in a row and they blocked all five with zero fouls called. There were fouls but we didn’t finish either. Still you shoot ft average and we win.

We drove the rim with Wendell getting those little midget shots blocked. Wasn’t Broome or the bigs like in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

These guys have only been playing this game since they were 5 years old. Can’t expect them to get good at free throws in that short time period 

• Haha 1