Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

I hate to piss on this parade of joy going on now, but now Bama is set up for sure to get to the Final Four, and I think that there are only maybe 4 teams left with the right pieces in place to beat them. 

I will throw up every morsel of food I've eaten in 2023 if they win it all.😱

If you didn’t Alabama had the easiest path to the final four, you haven’t been paying attention.   Besides when everyone is playing at their best, Alabama may have the best team in the country if you pay attention to basketball 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

BPs style is different and I don't think people understand, when he has good shooters it places a veil, when he doesn't u see chinks in the armor, he recruits hoping he gets good shooters. This bunch just wasn't consistent this year. People don't realize how much Jabari and Kessler masked things last year with this guard group 

You are absolutely right. But tonite, he seemed to out think himself.

Besides changed plan for 2nd half, anyone left on the team next year needs to be coached with respect to putting up contested baskets at the rim. Put the ball in the basket with both hands if you are at the rim. If not somebody there is gonna attack the ball. Broome could have had 10 points down the stretch without sinking a free throw.

Sad season. Will hope and pray for new blood and results next year.

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I hate to piss on this parade of joy going on now, but now Bama is set up for sure to get to the Final Four, and I think that there are only maybe 4 teams left with the right pieces in place to beat them. 

I will throw up every morsel of food I've eaten in 2023 if they win it all.😱

I’ll do you one better. I’ll perma- ban myself from this site and give up watching “ college” sports. Almost hope it happens. Can play more golf on Saturdays and Wednesda’s

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

BPs style is different and I don't think people understand, when he has good shooters it places a veil, when he doesn't u see chinks in the armor, he recruits hoping he gets good shooters. This bunch just wasn't consistent this year. People don't realize how much Jabari and Kessler masked things last year with this guard group 

Oh, I think many of us see how they masked our guard problems. 

What I'm pissed about is Bruce not addressing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

The last 7 minutes (when it matters) UH payers were far superior, more athletic and tasted blood in the water. Aubie looked like they couldn't get off the court fast enough, that they didn't belong. That's on ONE PERSON!

Aubie? Surely not BP

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Just now, aubaseball said:

If you didn’t Alabama had the easiest path to the final four, you haven’t been paying attention.   Besides when everyone is playing at their best, Alabama may have the best team in the country if you pay attention to basketball 

I know all of that sir..

13 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

First, can we stop with the "we sucked before Bruce got here, so lets just be happy with anything" comments. Second, are we so sure he will "fix it"? I love them both, but Wendell and KD need to pack their things. We need to get some smarter guards in the portal and hope to God the Aden Holloway kid plays above his weight. 

Maybe he will grow a few inches before next year.

• Haha 1

Everyone knew how much Kessler and Jabari bailed out these below average guards last year. That is the main reason for all the confusion as to why NOTHING was done to rectify the issue in the offseason 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

The last 7 minutes (when it matters) UH payers were far superior, more athletic and tasted blood in the water. Aubie looked like they couldn't get off the court fast enough, that they didn't belong. That's on ONE PERSON!

I'm just sick of the fundamentally bad basketball. 

We don't have a single player on the team that an opposing coach should feel like he has to scheme to stop. 

That being said, at least you could play smart fundamental basketball. 

Your 6'10" center, who can't even make a free throw should never, never be jacking up three point shots. 

• Like 2

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

I'm just sick of the fundamentally bad basketball. 

We don't have a single player on the team that an opposing coach should feel like he has to scheme to stop. 

That being said, at least you could play smart fundamental basketball. 

Your 6'10" center, who can't even make a free throw should never, never be jacking up three point shots. 

Now don’t go making sense of this team

Free throw shooting more than anything was the difference in the game.  They couldn’t miss and Auburn was awful.  Just plain awful.  

• Like 1

Houston played great in the 2nd Half, but we did not help ourselves at all. 
Houston was the better team, but when we play badly for an entire half (like tonite) we make any team look like all-world.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That doesn’t happen without bad coaching. I love BP. He can stay as long as he wants. But his coaching or lack there of needs to be examined. 

What. Happened. To. Donaldson.

This^^^. Pearl should have stuck with what worked in the first half and just like last game, Donaldson hits every 3 pointer he puts up and then Pearl inexplicably benches him. Blows. My. Mind.

So BP sucks? He’s bad at recruiting because he didn’t fix our problems from last year and he also sucks at in game coaching?? We know this because he is knocked out of the 2nd round by maybe the best team in the county with his bad recruits and his bad coaching that got him here?  

• Dislike 1

Just now, au701948 said:

Houston played great in the 2nd Half, but we did not help ourselves at all. 
Houston was the better team, but when we play badly for an entire half (like tonite) we make any team look like all-world.

For some reason, if you’re an Auburn head coach, you can’t, or are not allowed ( be it football or basketball), to make second half adjustments 

Just now, GreenTiger said:

So BP sucks? He’s bad at recruiting because he didn’t fix our problems from last year and he also sucks at in game coaching?? We know this because he is knocked out of the 2nd round by maybe the best team in the county with his bad recruits and his bad coaching that got him here?  

No one said he sucked. He made some mistakes and he needs better players than what he went out and got to execute his game plan right

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

@DAG, @NoALtiger, @NWALA Tigerhelp me out here. Am I making up the idea people are arguing we can't criticicriti's roster choices because he is BP. There was like a whole thread created to essentially say we should just support BP. It's not my fault you're blind

There were several on here who's montra was Bruce was above criticism.  Some even went so far as to say. Back in the Barbee days there was only 1 or 2 posters on the Bball board. Ridiculous,  BP knew the weakness of this team and didn't do jack squat in the portal to fix it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

There were several on here who's montra was Bruce was above criticism.  Some even went so far as to say. Back in the Barbee days there was only 1 or 2 posters on the Bball board. Ridiculous,  BP knew the weakness of this team and didn't do jack squat in the portal to fix it. 

Been with you on this the whole time, NWALA. THIS YEAR IS ON Bruce, 100%

Just now, KansasTiger said:

No one said he sucked. He made some mistakes and he needs better players than what he went out and got to execute his game plan right

Hopefully he has the desire to work on changes required to improve next season. 

Wishing all you guys the best. I enjoyed what little time I was on here this year. Though at times we didn’t end games favorably too many times. WDE

• Like 1

Going to halftime was the problem. The game should have never went to halftime just keep rolling into the 2nd half. 

it was then the team actually realized they were up by 10 and they tightened up and played horrible. 

• Haha 1