Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

Former AU players Justin Powell (WASU) and Devan Cambridge (ASU) are both better than our current guards. 

Disagree on Cambridge but at least he could rebound. Alexander could have made a huge difference on this team though

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

That doesn’t happen without bad coaching. I love BP. He can stay as long as he wants. But his coaching or lack there of needs to be examined. 

What. Happened. To. Donaldson.

BP had no answers. Never even bothered to call a TO to stop their momentum.  He knew it was pointless 

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Team doesn’t suck it’s just not better than the really good teams we’ve played. We have streaks of looking great but don’t have the talent, IQ and length to be consistently great. Lack of consistency is why many of us are so frustrated

For real.  IQ tells you to stop challenging their big guy down low when he is throwing everything you put up out of there.

2 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

First, can we stop with the "we sucked before Bruce got here, so lets just be happy with anything" comments. Second, are we so sure he will "fix it"? I love them both, but Wendell and KD need to pack their things. We need to get some smarter guards in the portal and hope to God the Aden Holloway kid plays above his weight. 

🙏

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Kyle Macey comes to mind. Hell, Rick Barry shot 90% shooting underhanded!! Our guys? Bricks.

Jj redick is the guy that inspired me to start shooting fts, I think he was 95%+ in college 

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Hopefully he is one of the few that come back...

Not if he can’t hit free throws.   At one point you could tell that he didn’t even want to be at the free throw line.   He did the same thing all season.   If he doesn’t fix it, no thank you 

U had a guy that missed 10 fts when at the time a few of those back and it would've been under a 5 pt game. Broome crapped the bed at the line

We had a 10 point lead

We had more depth

We had their entire backcourt in early foul trouble

We were getting a fair whistle for once

Please make it make sense

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

BP had no answers. Never even bothered to call a TO to stop their momentum.  He knew it was pointless 

That’s another problem. No TOs. Ever. Even when we could use them to set up a buzzer beater play. Did it the other night against Iowa. Just took 2-3 to the half.

Yah this was epically bad. Bruce better work his tail off in the portal. Green and KD need to be gone. Heck I really only want Broome, Donaldson, Westry and Traore back. Everyone else is free to go!! 

6 minutes ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Hell, we use to have to MAKE a hundred a day.. there are no excuses. I like Bruce Pearl, but watching a BP coached BB Team makes me want to puke. 

Pearl= Good recruiter

Coach, not so much. 

Sorry, that's the way I see it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

U had a guy that missed 10 fts when at the time a few of those back and it would've been under a 5 pt game. Broome crapped the bed at the line

He did but could you imagine the season without him? 

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He never does. It's burned us every time. It's willful disregard at this point.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBlueWDE said:

We had a 10 point lead

We had more depth

We had their entire backcourt in early foul trouble

We were getting a fair whistle for once

Please make it make sense

More depth?

2 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Not if he can’t hit free throws.   At one point you could tell that he didn’t even want to be at the free throw line.   He did the same thing all season.   If he doesn’t fix it, no thank you 

Broom can be a piece of the puzzle. But you can't build your team around him. 

Let’s be real.  Free throw shooting has been an issue for a while.  The 2019 team probably wins the whole thing if they shoot better at the free throw line.  The Virginia game should have never came down to the end if they made FTs down the stretch 

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

He did but could you imagine the season without him? 

That is true, but in a game like this that makes a huge difference, everybody is jumping on Bruce, but not the guy that missed on the line in crucial moments 

• Like 3

Bruce has always been slow on the in game adjustments. He has always been slow to call a TO. He kept us in an ineffective zone against Arky for 75% of that game. Not that I agree, but I also didn't expect BP to suddenly change how he coaches either. 

I hate to piss on this parade of joy going on now, but now Bama is set up for sure to get to the Final Four, and I think that there are only maybe 4 teams left with the right pieces in place to beat them. 

I will throw up every morsel of food I've eaten in 2023 if they win it all.😱

8 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

People don't realize how much Jabari and Kessler masked things last year with this guard group 

I think people do realize that and why there is a lot more frustration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

I hate to piss on this parade of joy going on now, but now Bama is set up for sure to get to the Final Four, and I think that there are only maybe 4 teams left with the right pieces in place to beat them. 

I will throw up every morsel of food I've eaten in 2023 if they win it all.😱

Yes, and that’s what makes it that much more horrible how they have passed Auburn so quickly.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

I think people do realize that and why there is a lot more frustration.

A sizeable portion of that basketball board has been harping this point all season. Despite a small contingent of 'BP is our basketball savior so shut up' crowd

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

A sizeable portion of that basketball board has been harping this point all season. Despite a small contingent of 'BP is our basketball savior so shut up' crowd

Oh god stfu. Nobody has said that s*** 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Pearl= Good recruiter

Coach, not so much. 

Sorry, that's the way I see it

The last 7 minutes (when it matters) UH payers were far superior, more athletic and tasted blood in the water. Aubie looked like they couldn't get off the court fast enough, that they didn't belong. That's on ONE PERSON!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1