Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

I’m just gonna eat a whole sleeve of thin mints. That will make me feel better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm just sick of the fundamentally bad basketball. 

We don't have a single player on the team that an opposing coach should feel like he has to scheme to stop. 

That being said, at least you could play smart fundamental basketball. 

Your 6'10" center, who can't even make a free throw should never, never be jacking up three point shots. 

Agree with all of that 100%. 

The offense was atrocious but did we make any defensive adjustments to stop Mark? He just straight up shot over anyone we put on him except for one possession where we had Flanagan on him. That blew my mind. They didn’t have another legit scoring threat out there for a solid 10-12 minute stretch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigSammyK said:

The offense was atrocious but did we make any defensive adjustments to stop Mark? He just straight up shot over anyone we put on him except for one possession where we had Flanagan on him. That blew my mind. They didn’t have another legit scoring threat out there for a solid 10-12 minute stretch. 

We made no adjustments whatsoever from the half til the end of the game. This was an up and down failure in every part of the program. 

• Like 3

I love BP, but here's a semi hot take for an Auburn fan. With the hiring of Beard at Ole Miss, BP might be the third or fourth best coach in the SEC.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

I love BP, but here's a semi hot take for an Auburn fan. With the hiring of Beard at Ole Miss, BP might be the third or fourth best coach in the SEC.

That may be generous 

8 minutes ago, BigSammyK said:

None. BP doesn't call TO to make adj.

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Hell, I’d make the argument that if another SEC team hired Kermit Davis, BP would be the fourth or fifth best coach 

• Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There were several on here whose montra was Bruce was above criticism.  Some even went so far as to say. Back in the Barbee days there was only 1 or 2 posters on the Bball board. Ridiculous,  BP knew the weakness of this team and didn't do jack squat in the portal to fix it. 

I don’t know where the original post was but I echo these sentiments . I very rarely post on this side of the board but I saw several posters starting last tournament run where we underperformed make these statements. 

I don’t see why a fair criticism is now made out to be a personal attack . 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

bama will win the championship and once again surpass us in yet another big 3 sport accomplishment. 

29 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I’m just gonna eat a whole sleeve of thin mints. That will make me feel better. 

Resist!

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Lot to be positive about for sure…

Yep so I guess u guys can corrupt this one just like the football forum 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Cbb as a whole is watered down from fundamentals, I remember multiple guys I watched as kid in college being 92%+ ft shooters, it's just sad to watch these days 

Rooting for Princeton the rest of the way.  They still play like they are in the 1930s ERA of basketball 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

bama will win the championship and once again surpass us in yet another big 3 sport accomplishment. 

Probably. I really think winning is more important to them. We seem to have a “ woe is me” attitude. They have a win at all cost attitude and “ the world will forget about the Brandon Miller thing and we’ll have a championship “ mentality 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Probably. I really think winning is more important to them. We seem to have a “ woe is me” attitude. They have a win at all cost attitude and “ the world will forget about the Brandon Miller thing and we’ll have a championship “ mentality 

We seem to have a “remember how bad we used to be” attitude at times. Frustrating end to a frustrating season. I really don’t know what else to say about it now other than I’m kinda glad it’s over in a way. I know that sounds weird, not sure how else to describe the frustration of a season of this roster. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t know where the original post was but I echo these sentiments . I very rarely post on this side of the board but I saw several posters starting last tournament run where we underperformed make these statements. 

I don’t see why a fair criticism is now made out to be a personal attack . 

They got cleaned up

Got no idea about next year, but the year after that could be very fun.

Edited by AUwent

3 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

This is rich coming from you tonight

Lol really, mr negativity himself is the only reason I responded to your post. I tell u what, u and the rest of these condescending ***** can have the basketball forum next season 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I feel like this sets us up well for a great redemption season next year.  We have nothing to be ashamed of.  Second half wasn’t what we wanted but that’s just the way it goes sometimes.  Bright future ahead. 

Leave it to abw0004 to come in and throw a little fairy dust on what ended up being a stinky pile of poo.  Nothing to be ashamed of? Bright future?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2