Men vs Houston NCAA Tournament RD2 Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Well at least it's over.  Excited we get Broome back next year.  Please work on free throws

A 27 point swing in 20 minutes. BP has some serious work to do. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’m fine with losing to a 1 seed but losing a 10 point halftime lead and crapping the bed so bad is embarrassing and should be addressed. Matter a fact we blew several big leads this year and that’s a pattern. 

Had they held a lead or two this year we could’ve been a 7 seed

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Well at least it's over.  Excited we get Broome back next year.  Please work on free throws

Hopefully he is one of the few that come back...

• Like 1

Just now, NoALtiger said:

4 baskets the entire second half. My goodness. 

Nobody can "coach" their way out of this. For Goodness Sakes, 4 made baskets in a half? And don't get me started on the free throws....this was an unbelievable second half. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

4 baskets the entire second half. My goodness. 

If this doesn’t make you sick you have zero competitive spirit. Absolutely terrible. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jluvah said:

How stupid was that?

Pretty damn stupid. You don’t change what is working of your own accord. Only stop it when the other team shuts it down.

Like most losses this year, we played somehow so much better than our opponent for 20 minutes and then absolutely crash and burn.

It happens to all teams occasionally but this year, we made it a team trademark.

Edited by au701948
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jluvah said:

These guys have only been playing this game since they were 5 years old. Can’t expect them to get good at free throws in that short time period 

Cbb as a whole is watered down from fundamentals, I remember multiple guys I watched as kid in college being 92%+ ft shooters, it's just sad to watch these days 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

And maybe play like your 6'6" or so. 

I am aware how tall he is. That doesn't change my post. 

11 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Nobody practice it anymore. Just 3s

My son is an 8th grader and I am always harping on him about practicing free throws and layups 

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I always question how u can play basketball and be a terrible ft shooter, I remember when I was growing up. 85-90+ ft shooters weren't that uncommon. Now it would be like finding the holy grail to find one 

Hell, we use to have to MAKE a hundred a day.. there are no excuses. I like Bruce Pearl, but watching a BP coached BB Team makes me want to puke. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why we didn't call a timeout to run a play.. Regroup or something. Pathetic performance. Choked on a turd

Team doesn’t suck it’s just not better than the really good teams we’ve played. We have streaks of looking great but don’t have the talent, IQ and length to be consistently great. Lack of consistency is why many of us are so frustrated

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m going to miss the humans but not the players. Good riddance to these guys who are leaving. Good lord this was absolutely pathetic. 

Love the players. I'm gonna love the next group. But yes- there's lots of bull****

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

A 27 point swing in 20 minutes. BP has some serious work to do. 

That doesn’t happen without bad coaching. I love BP. He can stay as long as he wants. But his coaching or lack there of needs to be examined. 

What. Happened. To. Donaldson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Here is the deal... We played above our heads in 1st half. Houston is far and away a better team. More talent, better 2nd half adj. We look like a mid major playing against a D1 power . We'll, I guess we are a mid major, we start 3 of them.  The talent gap on the 2 teams is astonishing 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Why even shoot a 2 with under 2 minutes left?

Just a lower IQ team this season. 

BP will fix it. I am definitely happy to have a team that I don’t ignore after the seventh game of the season. We are tons better than we were before BP. 

First, can we stop with the "we sucked before Bruce got here, so lets just be happy with anything" comments. Second, are we so sure he will "fix it"? I love them both, but Wendell and KD need to pack their things. We need to get some smarter guards in the portal and hope to God the Aden Holloway kid plays above his weight. 

• Like 2

Former AU players Justin Powell (WASU) and Devan Cambridge (ASU) are both better than our current guards. 

Just now, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Hell, we use to have to MAKE a hundred a day.. there are no excuses. I like Bruce Pearl, but watching a BP coached BB Team makes me want to puke. 

BPs style is different and I don't think people understand, when he has good shooters it places a veil, when he doesn't u see chinks in the armor, he recruits hoping he gets good shooters. This bunch just wasn't consistent this year. People don't realize how much Jabari and Kessler masked things last year with this guard group 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Cbb as a whole is watered down from fundamentals, I remember multiple guys I watched as kid in college being 92%+ ft shooters, it's just sad to watch these days 

Kyle Macey comes to mind. Hell, Rick Barry shot 90% shooting underhanded!! Our guys? Bricks.

Just now, BigBlueWDE said:

Lose by 17

Coincidentally, missed 17 FTs

Every loss but Kentucky. However, we couldn't make anything anywhere the entire second half of this one. 

Just now, tightendoverthemiddle said:

It sure has been that way this year. 
Hope he isn’t trying to win the Brian Harsin award for coaching excellence.

• Haha 1