Three 3rd graders, three adults killed by shooter at Nashville elementary school

TitanTiger

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

They are teaching gender identity and have protocols to keep the child’s gender identity a secret from their parents.  Social media does the rest.  If you can’t see this, especially after this incident, you might want to educate yourself.  Why would adult trans people object to the regulations restricting *gender affirming care* for minors?

I had the two original shots and felt it was right for me.  No boosters and I'm still alive too.  Your point?  Mine is I voluntarily got the vaccine because of my age.  Biden tried to mandate EVERYONE to get the vaccine or, basically, lose their job.  Many military people did lose their jobs.  That didn't even make sense when he tried it.  The reason you believe it was political is you trust everything this administration says with no exception.  Biden has demonstrated he is not trustworthy.

Not everyone can be welded to the truth and a true bastion of loyalty like former President Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Basically.  My contention is that the gun grab is over.  Find another way.

This is the problem.  The more unreasonable the NRA and far right are, the harder the pendulum will swing at some point in the future.  Being irrational and refusing to acknowledge the facts as they are never ends well.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, AU9377 said:

We don't have open borders either.  If we did, there wouldn't be a line to apply for asylum. 

There's a line that is hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the millions that are entering this country illegally every year. Our border is wide open in everything except name and if the Biden Administration would be honest they would simply call it an open border. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/migrant-border-crossings-fiscal-year-2022-topped-2.76-million-breaking-rcna53517

Someone should clue these people coming from virtually nation in the world that they are making a big mistake. They should be heading to Europe where, according to liberals, life is safer, nicer and more prosperous.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You freely admitted that if our government had been established further along the line in gun development that they would have treated the gun issue much differently. You also admitted in a response to Titan that the wording of the 2nd Amendment isn't even an issue to you - you just don't want any other types of guns to be banned. You've completely shown your cards on this subject and are now doing the debating equivalent of plugging your ears and saying "LALALALALALA."

Again you misrepresent my point of view.  I admitted that as technology advanced (invention of cars, planes and internet etc) that the government needed to regulate that industry for standardized rules. I have no idea if the government has been established further along in gun development they would have treated the gun issue much differently.  That is just speculation on your part with little evidence if that would be the case.

In the discussion with Titan; his stance was the fire rate of the AR-15 has approached the fully automatic machine guns of the 30’s that criminals used to terrorize American citizens.  So, his stance as I understand it, is the fire rate.  If the government restricted the manufactures to a *standard and expectable* would it not be acceptable to the left?  If it is not and the left still want to ban *assault weapons* then the left is just wanting to ban guns.  What would that fire rate be?  I would say at the 2004 level as Congress lifted the ban on *assault weapons* at that time.

And yes, I want the gun grab to stop.  If in fact the fully automatic rifles were banned because criminals were terrorizing the US citizens so much so the government had to step in, why would they then ban the AR-15 when the terrorizing of the US citizens has not reached the level as it has in the 30’s?  Is it just because they feel they can?  I think so and the emotion you and others are showing is equivalent of pugging your ears and saying LALALALALA.

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And paranoid people work by exclaiming that banning all guns is next, because that's "obviously" the natural progression of things. The whole "slippery slope" and all. Those on the extremes usually only see the black and white of a situation, rather than the nuance of the middle ground.

The irony is that my thoughts on this subject used to be very similar to yours. Took me a long time to realize that in my head, in terms of what the government might do, I was letting the possible become probable. Once your mind starts doing that, it starts looking for it in other things. I'm guessing this is where some people spiral out of control and become conspiracy theorists

According to the left, the only paranoid people are the ones that disagree with their position.  There a lot of evidence that the last two years of Biden overreach is at a level that he can not be trusted to keep his word on any authoritarian concept he wants to implement.  A short list:

EOs to teach gender identity in schools under the guise of preventing bullying (how’s that working out)
Mandatory COVID vaccines when he spent a better part of a year stating *he couldn’t see if ever being mandatory:
J6 hearings pushing the narrative that it was an insurrection, when it was obvious from day one that it was an ugly incident, but didn’t rise to any serious threat of an insurrection.

An FBI informant who marched to the US Capitol with fellow Proud Boys on January 6 testified on Wednesday that he did not know of any plans for the far-right extremist group to invade the building and didn’t think they inspired violence that day.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/mar/29/fbi-informant-proud-boys-testimony-trial-enrique-tarrio

Oh and the Shaman (the face of the insurrection) has been released from jail.  Oops.
Classified Documents:  need I say more?

So, why would any citizen believe anything the Government says (Biden) that they are not coming after our guns?

Why are you so trustworthy in government?  What was the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?  To prevent tyranny?  Biden is as tyrannical as any President in modern history.  JMO of coruse.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Not everyone can be welded to the truth and a true bastion of loyalty like former President Trump. 

Stop the whataboutism.  This has nothing to do with Trump, this is all on Biden.  Your true bastion of loyalty is showing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is the problem.  The more unreasonable the NRA and far right are, the harder the pendulum will swing at some point in the future.  Being irrational and refusing to acknowledge the facts as they are never ends well.

Is it refusing to acknowledge facts or the lack of negotiations from both sides?

18 hours ago, autigeremt said:

When it was written, muskets were AR-15s. 

That's exactly the point.  When it was written, state-of-the-art was a muzzle-loading flintlock.

New era, new technology, different needs, new circumstances, same old amendment.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's exactly the point.  When it was written, state-of-the-art was a muzzle-loading flintlock.

New era, new technology, different needs, new circumstances, same old amendment.

A dynamic world with static ideas is just beyond ignorant.

No one's opinions are always correct but,,, it would be nice if they were at the least considered, not merely emotional outburst.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is it refusing to acknowledge facts or the lack of negotiations from both sides?

Not really. 

The popular Republican position on Guns is no compromise, no discussion, no nothing. 

There are some Republicans on here who are in favor of red flag laws and some stricter regulations, but the State and national Republicans politicians they vote for and elect will not vote for those laws period because they think passing ANY regulation on guns, no matter how small or inconsequential, means they are "caving" to the Left and so they wont do anything. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

There's a line that is hardly a drop in the bucket compared to the millions that are entering this country illegally every year. Our border is wide open in everything except name and if the Biden Administration would be honest they would simply call it an open border. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/migrant-border-crossings-fiscal-year-2022-topped-2.76-million-breaking-rcna53517

Someone should clue these people coming from virtually nation in the world that they are making a big mistake. They should be heading to Europe where, according to liberals, life is safer, nicer and more prosperous.

It is a very long swim.  We have to deal with immigration in several ways.  One of those ways has to be to use our leverage to help ensure stable governments in Central and South America.  I have never heard anyone suggest that everyone be allowed in at their pleasure. 

Do you realize how many passport carrying people in Mexico cross the border to work in the U.S. every day and return home after? Over 100,000 make that commute every day.

Edited by AU9377

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

274484753_3107071546209895_791010411207585319_n.jpg

Who has suggested taking guns?  Nobdoy

Who is censoring books?  The same people that believe you can tell the Rosa Parks story without mentioning race.

What freedoms are being restricted?  A woman's right to choose. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I'm not sure that isn't part of the plan.

Weaken government, destroy civility, install authoritarian government.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Facepalm 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:29 AM, AU9377 said:

I don't consider it punishment in any real way to restrict those weapons.   I never even mentioned confiscation.  The first step is to stop selling and manufacturing.  If people wanted what is best for this country, this isn't a difficult first step.

We have more rules regulating Pseudophedrin than we do an AK-47 or AR-15.  Some people actually need Pseudophedrin, but are not allowed to buy it without registering because of those that abuse it and use it for making other drugs.

Personally, I see this like I see ownership of dangerous non native animals.  There are people that know how to keep large pythons.  However, many do not, leading to them being released into the wild and becoming a danger to people and our ecosystem.  The benefit of owning the animal is outweighed by the danger it poses.

I actually agree with this take. Stop the sale and manufacturing of AR-15s. 

We cant confiscate guns that were legally purchased.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It is a very long swim.

This is a response to your false claim that the border isn't open?

Some are swimming to America from Eastern European nations. Why aren't they simply taking a bus to the utopian lands the liberals describe? Chinese are said to be paying the cartels $50,000 each to be brought to our southern border where they can wade across the river while Biden refuses to even cast a glance in that direction. What Biden has done there is turn the millionaire cartels into billionaires. Way to go, Joe!

21 hours ago, AU9377 said:

We have to deal with immigration in several ways.  One of those ways has to be to use our leverage to help ensure stable governments in Central and South America.  I have never heard anyone suggest that everyone be allowed in at their pleasure. 

The first step would be to provide adequate funding to the Border Patrol so the flood can be stopped. Think of the term "Stop the bleeding". The laughable Inflation Reduction Act contains an extra $80 billion for the IRS. That money would be better spent on border security.

Maybe nobody in the Administration has publicly said that everyone should be allowed in at their pleasure but actions speak louder than words and Biden's actions are obvious. "Y'all Come, the border is unsecured". "Just pay the nice cartel people and c'mon in".

On 3/30/2023 at 3:20 PM, TitanTiger said:

I suppose then if they come out with an affordable fully operational and armed Apache attack helicopter for the masses, we shouldn't have any restrictions on it beyond obtaining a pilot's license.

I’ll be first in line 

16 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I actually agree with this take. Stop the sale and manufacturing of AR-15s. 

We cant confiscate guns that were legally purchased.

There’s so many in circulation it would only drive up the price of them. 

10 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Thereby making them more difficult to obtain. Not seeing the problem there.

• Like 1

To all of you bashing Republicans on gun control, here ya go. A federal judge appointed by Joe Biden strikes down a law in Minnesota saying it is unconstitutional.

Federal judge strikes down Minnesota law banning 18-20-year-olds from obtaining gun permits | Fox News

And then we have this funny debate between two "astute" congressmen.

GOP congressman shouted down by New York Democrat on gun control claps back with facts | Fox News

Edited by Son of A Tiger

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

The first step would be to provide adequate funding to the Border Patrol so the flood can be stopped. Think of the term "Stop the bleeding". The laughable Inflation Reduction Act contains an extra $80 billion for the IRS. That money would be better spent on border security.

Maybe nobody in the Administration has publicly said that everyone should be allowed in at their pleasure but actions speak louder than words and Biden's actions are obvious. "Y'all Come, the border is unsecured". "Just pay the nice cartel people and c'mon in".

Except that he has never come close to suggesting that and he inherited a monumental mess.  How about this.... massive fines and mandatory jail terms for any employer in the U.S. that employs illegal immigrants.  Want to try that?

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

To all of you bashing Republicans on gun control, here ya go. A federal judge appointed by Joe Biden strikes down a law in Minnesota saying it is unconstitutional.

Federal judge strikes down Minnesota law banning 18-20-year-olds from obtaining gun permits | Fox News

And then we have this funny debate between two "astute" congressmen.

GOP congressman shouted down by New York Democrat on gun control claps back with facts | Fox News

You think it is a good idea for an 18 year old to be able to buy any and as many guns and he wants?

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Sometimes asking someone that lived in this country for over 100 years is telling.  My great grandmother lived to be 101.  She once told me that good people didn't need to make a game out of killing other people.  We treat killing people like a sport and that is a sad commentary on where we are.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

This is a response to your false claim that the border isn't open?

Some are swimming to America from Eastern European nations. Why aren't they simply taking a bus to the utopian lands the liberals describe? Chinese are said to be paying the cartels $50,000 each to be brought to our southern border where they can wade across the river while Biden refuses to even cast a glance in that direction. What Biden has done there is turn the millionaire cartels into billionaires. Way to go, Joe!

This is just Tucker Carlson level imagination.  Why would the Chinese govt. need to sneak people in thru Mexico?  They have multitudes of cargo ships sailing into ports daily.

Edited by AU9377

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You think it is a good idea for an 18 year old to be able to buy any and as many guns and he wants?

If he can vote, be drafted and go into battle then yes he should be able to buy a gun.

• Like 2