2024 5* WR Perry Thompson Flips To AUBURN from Bama

ellitor

Just now, augolf1716 said:

He's such a pain in the ass

It gets funnier every time I see it...both "50%" and "haven't you heard?!?!"

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

How confident is your source on us getting KJ this wkend? Are they as confident as they were about Perry?

Not as confident as Perry simply because Perry had been pretty open about where he stood for a good while before BCW.   Nevertheless, he feels good.   He is also a defensive minded guy so this is one that he really wants.   He and others are tired of losing.... I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1

• Like 3

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 5* WR Perry Thompson Flips To AUBURN from Bama
8 hours ago, AUINSY said:

It gets funnier every time I see it...both "50%" and "haven't you heard?!?!"

Consistency is the key 😁

• Thanks 1

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...

Really excited about the prospect of landing this young man.

Reality is, he's a 5 star athlete, and the other major schools who were recruiting him will not just walk away. They will continue working at him.

Yes, I want him to be an Auburn Tiger.

Every year. a commit or two flip away. Every year Auburn flips a player por two fro another school. This is the real world.

I really hope we can hang onto this young man.  He's a real game-changer!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Was on the phone with my mama who told me they won 45-19. I might have to start to keep up with em again 

What is this even supposed to mean!? If you are saying you  graduated from foley this is the least suprising thing about you ever that you totally stopped paying attention to your alma mater after you left!!! 😂😂 so on brand for you… 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

What is this even supposed to mean!? If you are saying you  graduated from foley this is the least suprising thing about you ever that you totally stopped paying attention to your alma mater after you left!!! 😂😂 so on brand for you… 

I’m from there, but thankfully graduated elsewhere lol. They didn’t give anyone much to follow after they moved up a Class

16 hours ago, LPTiger said:

#4 is going to have a rough film session.

It definitely will be rewound and shown again a few times

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

It definitely will be rewound and shown again a few times

The quickest way for a freshman receiver to get on and stay on the field in the SEC, is to show he is willing to block on the edge.  Back in the day we had some absolute dogs blocking on the edge, and it is the difference in a 10 yard gain and a TD,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Back in the day we had some absolute dogs blocking on the edge

For some reason I seem to remember Rusty Byrd being super tough and feisty in that role. Not the biggest guy, but he really liked to mix it up. Reminded me of Tanner Boyle from Bad News Bears. 

Alright, I hate to ask this but how worried should we be about the ghosts of Yeldon? Auburn Live says PT's considering visiting for the Texas game.

Edited by AUwent
  • Angry 1

40 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Alright, I hate to ask this but how worried should we be about the ghosts of Yeldon? Auburn Live says PT's considering visiting for the Texas game.

AUwent, no need to be shy about asking the question.  Once bitten twice shy.  This kid has really connected with our staff and our team.   My guy told me he was coming to us weeks before Big Cat.   We need to show him that our offense is just as good as their's, and we can produce NFL receivers.   I am 100% confident we will, and he will be a Tiger.  If we don't chin the bar, the young man should go there and maximize his draft stock.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUwent said:

Really bro? No sir. Nooooo sir. This is so on brand for you  are you kidding me right now!? When did they say that? I listened to the whole thing and not once was that uttered or said. They said Riddick was going to the bama game Saturday but he repeatedly said he plans to be at every AU home game after that. All they touched on perry Thompson was how well he played Friday night and that he is still really vocal about being pro AU on social media. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, AUwent said:

Your concern is not unreasonable. Flips used to be rare, but they did happen. In this day of NIL and easy transfers flips are more common than ever before. We should be concerned about every single prospect who is currently committed to Auburn. Every other school should be concerned about their guys.

The times, they have a-changed.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Really bro? No sir. Nooooo sir. This is so on brand for you  are you kidding me right now!? When did they say that? I listened to the whole thing and not once was that uttered or said. They said Riddick was going to the bama game Saturday but he repeatedly said he plans to be at every AU home game after that. All they touched on perry Thompson was how well he played Friday night and that he is still really vocal about being pro AU on social media. 

To be fair, I've been feeling pretty upbeat about the class for the last month--I've rolled my eyes at the reactions on certain other sites, as we're pretty much exactly where I hoped we would be atm. I just heard JLee and Co. mention something about one of Riddick or Thompson visiting UAT and the coaches trying to talk him out of it.

Edited by AUwent

• 2 weeks later...