2024 5* WR Perry Thompson Flips To AUBURN from Bama

ellitor

On 4/10/2023 at 7:31 PM, Sizzle said:

A guy from south Alabama who’s already committed to Bama? We know how this story  usually goes. 

Yep seen it happen too many times.

Well, atleast until it doesn't. Here's to hoping for a change in our favor. 

Edited by Never2Yield
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW 4 of his 5 college visits since Freeze has been hired has been to AU.

It seems right now these big time receivers have nothing to look to as far as a QB that can get them the ball... That's what I would be thinking... Hopefully we get that QB in the portal, and also they believe Walker will be our QB in 2024 (I guess that factor in to their decision for us)

20 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Will OV this summer the week after bama OV (If they don’t stop him from visiting). 

you mean PAY him to not visit or send him to a condo somewhere in the FL panhandle?

• Angry 1

4 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Will OV this summer the week after bama OV (If they don’t stop him from visiting). 

2 Weeks after. He's OVing Bama June 2-4 and us the 16-18 when we are having our big OV weekend.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Per On3 Perry has started his OV with AU. Supposedly Bama tried hard to keep him from OVing. With him OVing AU it supposedly means AU has some momentum here. With that said, like with trying to flip any Bama commit, this one is expected to go to the finish line if AU were to get a flip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per On3 Perry has started his OV with AU. Supposedly Bama tried hard to keep him from OVing. With him OVing AU it supposedly means AU has some momentum here. With that said, like with trying to flip any Bama commit, this one is expected to go to the finish line if AU were to get a flip.

Drop them Chick-fil-a bags, Hugh.

• Haha 1

Alabama WR commit previews Auburn official visit

Caleb Jones • AuburnSports
Staff

Auburn hosted a 7-on-7 competition Thursday, bringing in schools from across the state.

One of which was Foley High School, where Rivals100 wide receiver and Alabama commit Perry Thompson plays. It won't be long before he's back on Auburn's campus for an official visit, which is planned for this upcoming weekend.

What's he looking to get out of it?

"Seeing the culture, how the coaches are outside of football and really just the Auburn experience," Thompson said.

fnvsi1zmcv2hyjqptslw

Thompson's been to Auburn a couple of times since the new staff took over the program, each time building a stronger connection with the coaches. There's nothing but good things to say about wide receivers' coach Marcus Davis, who's been his primary recruiter.

"We have a good relationship," Thompson said. "There’s a connection there, a good relationship status."

As a junior with Foley, Thompson recored 87 catches for 1,059 yards receiving and nine touchdowns for the Lions. He's got higher aspirations for his senior year, with the goal of going for 1,200 yards receiving and nearly doubling his touchdown total.

He'll also have several sets of eyes keeping a close watch on him. Auburn is trying to pull Perry away from Alabama, where he's been committed to for nearly a year.

Heading into this weekend, does Auburn have a chance with him?

"Oh yeah," Thompson said. "Auburn, they’re up there."

• Like 1

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Damn this staff is recruiting Perry like the Tuberville staff recruited Cadillac back in the day 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, toddc said:

I know it is done by every school, but I just can't imagine being a 50 - 60 year old man and acting like this to impress an 18 year old.  That being said if you're going to be successful at this level you do what you have to do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

I know it is done by every school, but I just can't imagine being a 50 - 60 year old man and acting like this to impress an 18 year old.  That being said if you're going to be successful at this level you do what you have to do.

Remember how stupid we all thought Brian Kelley was last year when he did that ridiculous routine but look at the class, he signed last year and where they are this year.  You do what you have to do.  I work with HS youth groups at church and over the years have done some over the top type skits where I acted the real fool, and the kids loved it. 

These kids know you are doing it for them, and they appreciate it.

Plus how many times have you heard your wife, or mother, or some other woman say, all MEN are just overgrown boys. LOL

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3