Today your starter would be…

gr82b4au

i like hg and rob. i trust trovon reed. he knows what is going on but we got a long way to go before our first game. my thoughts are rob gets us through our first few games until hg gets settled in good.then i imagine they will have some kind of package for robbie. this is just a shot in the dark really because anything can happen. i expect them all to be better under this staff. coach has already said the pickings are slim in the portal and since we are down to three days left i do not think we get a qb transfer unless they are a graduate then i think they can come in any time.

• Like 1

Geriner. We are going to take some lumps and see some mistakes anyway. Lets do it with a guy who has the potential to possibly become a top of the line SEC QB.

• Like 8

I hope it's someone other than Ashford or Finley because IMHO, neither has the potential to be even a mid-tier SEC QB.  Both have been given more than a fair chance to prove themselves, and haven't done it.  And I don't think they're going to.  If either ends up being our starter in game 1, it will only be after Freeze has exhausted all other options.

Geriner didn't exactly light it up in the A-Day game, so I'm not sure about him.

If I had to pick now, it would be Geriner.

from the articles i have been posting i believe we will see two unless i am reading him wrong. in a perfect world ashford takes big steps and freeze can bring geriner along slower to give him more adjustment time. but i just want our best right now. with our schedule i believe we could make a little noise.i believe our running game will be so much better it improves our qb's a little. is it enough? it looks like it going to have to be.

6 win ceiling with the QBs we have now. 

If this is who we have come August - HG Starter; TJ/Hank 2nd/3rd string; Move RA to WR/speed sweep/wild cat.

Finley is not going to stick around.  It’s between Ashford and Geriner.   I think they both play the first few games and it eventually evolves into Geriner as the starter and Ashford being the change of pace/backup/wildcat guy.  Both will play a lot this year.  

• Like 2

On 4/29/2023 at 6:12 AM, DAG said:

Lucky for us we will probably get a transfer 

We can only hope. I think an experienced transfer, a la Casey Thompson could teach HG plenty. As I said in other posts, I think RA should be moved to a slot type position with his speed and athleticism. Then again if HF wants to roll the dice with him, we will see. Honestly, I won’t be sad to see TJ move on and it would be nice for Walker White to come in next year and push HG. 

• Like 1

I'm going with Jackson Barkley. If his middle name was Frank, I would immediately install him as the starter!

18 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

I'm going with Jackson Barkley. If his middle name was Frank, I would immediately install him as the starter!

Agree but,,, can't we get Cameron Damien Sullivan?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

We can only hope. I think an experienced transfer, a la Casey Thompson could teach HG plenty. As I said in other posts, I think RA should be moved to a slot type position with his speed and athleticism. Then again if HF wants to roll the dice with him, we will see. Honestly, I won’t be sad to see TJ move on and it would be nice for Walker White to come in next year and push HG. 

Agreed. Need a transfer that can help mentor HG and let HG learn the offense so he can start next year. White can be red shirted if HG makes significant strides. 

RA would be excellent in any role where he can use his athleticism. He could enter the portal but he would be taking a step down. If he loses the role he should stay and work on getting to the NFL in some capacity. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

From our roster,

Lets hope not

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lets hope not

Qualified it for a reason. 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Qualified it for a reason. 😂

Yes, just wanted to keep hammering that into the ether so it manifests itself. 

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2023 at 8:30 PM, gr82b4au said:

Hate to break the bad news to you but it would be TeeJJJ if we played a game this weekend. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

TEEEJJJJJJJ

Even if you're correct.....for the love of God please don't say that out loud!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hate to break the bad news to you but it would be TeeJJJ if we played a game this weekend. 

Well then we are screwed hahahaha

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well then we are screwed hahahaha

If any of the three here now start, we are screwed. Ashford was historically bad in spring practice. I wouldn't be wrong to say he threw twice as many picks as TD's. Maybe even with pick 6;s   and TD's thrown. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Even if you're correct.....for the love of God please don't say that out loud!

I have a sinking feeling we are going to be rolling with the three we have.