2023 3* Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne commits to AU!

GreenTiger

18 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Ellitor said that the MSU wr Keon Coleman came on social media and put those rumors to rest and said he and Thorne don't have issues. So that's good to hear. 

@TeamZero77 He will be a tough get regardless. UNC, LSU, OU, and FSU are all after him and they all have QBs projected to go in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

• Thanks 2

Mattbgreat not happy about it. I guess he knows more about quarterbacks than Hugh Freeze. He claims in the video, his sources tell him that it is a done deal, Michigan States Thorne is in at AU!

10 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Mattbgreat not happy about it. I guess he knows more about quarterbacks than Hugh Freeze. He claims in the video,

1. Who the flip is this clown?

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

He claims in the video, his sources tell him that it is a done deal, Michigan States Thorne is in at AU!

And 2. He's about a day late.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

30/42 71%, 323 yds, 3td 1int. Vs a pretty good Washington team.  I'd take this QB

This is a VERY rough estimate since you can't always discern who the 1st, 2nd, 3rd reads are without knowing the intent of the play.  Sometimes you have a first read for instance for a play, but you're looking the safeties off at first while tracking that first read with your peripheral vision.  It looks like you checked to a second read when the play was designed to go to that target the whole time. 

But with that caveat in place here's a rough estimate of the pass attempts I saw:

Thrown to 1st read - 24 attempts
2nd read - 14 attempts
3rd or 4th read - 4 attempts

I'll also say that probably 5 or 6 of those 24 attempts were quick WR/bubble screens where there really isn't a read.  The QB just takes the snap and immediately fires out to the flat, so I don't know if you really count those as "1st read."  In other words, it's not a function of him locking on one guy but of a play that literally does one thing and one thing only.

He made something happen by running 4 times when no one was open, but wasn't one to take off right away like Bo Nix was as a freshman for instance.  He took 4 sacks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Mattbgreat not happy about it. I guess he knows more about quarterbacks than Hugh Freeze. He claims in the video, his sources tell him that it is a done deal, Michigan States Thorne is in at AU!

Youtube rando doesn't like QB.  Ok.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Mattbgreat not happy about it.

What is hilarious is when he breaks down the stats for both QBs… and they are just about identical. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He's looking for $$$. We're not going to overpay for a wr.  OU is another potential landing spot for him

Sparty Rumor is 800k.  I don't buy 95% of the numbers message boards throw out.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He's looking for $$$. We're not going to overpay for a wr.  OU is another potential landing spot for him

Grab the Colorado guy then. Got to love free agency 

• Like 1

I got to say if that 800k is real, that’s scary. I get it for a literal game changer but some of these dudes are making more than signed Undrafted free agents 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

I’d love to hear a knowledgeable football skill accessor break down the up side and down side of 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

FWIW he graduates tomorrow I believe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

FWIW he graduates tomorrow I believe

Here is your diploma and a check from Auburn (hopefully Hugh is smart enough not to use checks).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Here is your diploma and a check from Auburn (hopefully Hugh is smart enough not to use checks).

Venmo should be fine right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Venmo should be fine right?

From individual C to another individual C. No direct contact hugh!

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

From individual C to another individual C. No direct contact hugh!

I hope we broke copious amounts of rules to make this happen. It would be about time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I hope we broke copious amounts of rules to make this happen. It would be about time.

Exactly . I am so sick of this narrative that we wouldn’t do so. To be at this level, you absolutely have to do these things. I am sorry , I specifically wanted Hugh, not just because I think he is a program builder, but he understood early you got to do what you got to do to compete and win. Do I like the religious bravado or hypocrisy , not so much but that has nothing to do with his football coaching, although being a religious zealot doesn’t hurt with certain Individuals, particularly with politics and recruiting. Anywho, don’t want to sway too far off. End rant. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly . I am so sick of this narrative that we wouldn’t do so. To be at this level, you absolutely have to do these things. I am sorry , I specifically wanted Hugh, not just because I think he is a program builder, but he understood early you got to do what you got to do to compete and win. Do I like the religious bravado or hypocrisy , not so much but that has nothing to do with his football coaching, although being a religious zealot doesn’t hurt with certain Individuals, particularly with politics and recruiting. Anywho, don’t want to sway too far off. End rant. 

I have watched Bama give out Dodge Chargers and threaten family businesses for too long while we talk about family and having the high ground morally.

Either turn the competition in for the crap they have been doing and bring them down or play the game.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Everybody always gets excited about the new shiny toy not knowing they have a hardly used Benz in the garage. Let the games begin. 

Ashford > Thorne. 

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Everybody always gets excited about the new shiny toy not knowing they have a hardly used Benz in the garage. Let the games begin. 

Ashford > Thorne. 

The Benz is hardly used because every time you take it out of the garage, it fumbles the football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Ashford > Thorne. 

After seeing a few posts like this over the years from MarylandTiger, I'm convinced you're some satire/parody/troll account. I'm a little sad we share a similar screen naming convention.  This doesn't deserve the attention I'm giving it, so all I'll say is, bless your heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1