2023 3* Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne commits to AU!

GreenTiger

Just now, KansasTiger said:

After seeing a few posts like this over the years from MarylandTiger, I'm convinced you're some satire/parody/troll account. I'm a little sad we share a similar screen naming convention.  This doesn't deserve the attention I'm giving it, so all I'll say is, bless your heart.

He said "screen naming convention"💀💀

• Haha 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Screen name structure? I honestly wasn't sure how to word it...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am so sick of this narrative that we wouldn’t do so

Well, for a decade we wouldn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Everybody always gets excited about the new shiny toy not knowing they have a hardly used Benz in the garage. Let the games begin. 

Ashford > Thorne. 

Too bad the Benz is on blocks without the engine

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Everybody always gets excited about the new shiny toy not knowing they have a hardly used Benz in the garage. Let the games begin. 

Ashford > Thorne. 

BD1E77E7-0246-4A1A-BB77-55419EE6DB5E.jpeg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I understood. It was just a hilarious post. For him to be so out there that you're embarrassed to share a screen name structure with him lol

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Ashford > Thorne. 

The Benz came from a chop-shop in Albania. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Exactly . I am so sick of this narrative that we wouldn’t do so. To be at this level, you absolutely have to do these things. I am sorry , I specifically wanted Hugh, not just because I think he is a program builder, but he understood early you got to do what you got to do to compete and win. Do I like the religious bravado or hypocrisy , not so much but that has nothing to do with his football coaching, although being a religious zealot doesn’t hurt with certain Individuals, particularly with politics and recruiting. Anywho, don’t want to sway too far off. End rant. 

Exactly the opposite for me.  I think he is a program builder.  However, I was absolutely opposed to the idea that we would become an institution, a fan base, a team with no regard for human beings, ethics, rules,,, win at all costs.  I suppose we were already there in spirit.

1 minute ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly the opposite for me.  I think he is a program builder.  However, I was absolutely opposed to the idea that we would become an institution, a fan base, a team with no regard for human beings, ethics, rules,,, win at all costs.  I suppose we were already there in spirit.

Been there. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I hope we broke copious amounts of rules to make this happen. It would be about time.

TCU coach was complaining last year that almost every good player he had was being contacted and offered unofficial NIL deals by SEC teams.  There's simply no way to keep unofficial "representatives" from talking to players and speculating on what they could make with a different team.  There's a tremendous amount of gray area that everyone is playing in. How else does somebody wind up in the portal with a do not contact tag.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woodford said:

The prequels are Harsin level directing/acting

"I don't like potatoes."

• Thanks 1

Fwiw one of the first NIL demands made after they became legal was asking schools to pay lost wages insurance premium for the player in case injury ended his career. Lloyds of London starts @ 6 digits for NFL- realistic players at lesser contact positions. It's not hard to see how ins underwriting for a top tier dual threat QB (lots of contact) gets his NIL well on the way to $800k when he's going to a school w/ poor recent OL stats. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

59 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Nope, go with the original. Sounds like a Sixties band name! @Tiger Refuge

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, maryland tiger said:

Ashford > Thorne. 

I just listened to one of the new videos that the War Rapport uploaded and they are whining about Freeze not putting in enough time with Robbie and giving him a legit shot, before jumping ship to Thorne Lol! Yep, that's probably the last time I listen to those dudes. Absolutely mind blowing! I should have laid off of them when they were sniffing Bryan Hankins' jock in like Sept of last year. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just listened to one of the new videos that the War Rapport uploaded and they are whining about Freeze not putting in enough time with Robbie and giving him a legit shot. Lol! Yep, that's probably the last time I listen to those dudes. Absolutely mind blowing! I should have laid off of them when they were sniffing Bryan Hankins' jock in like Sept of last year. 

I'll be honest, they started losing me last year during basketball season, too. I wasn't overly impressed. If they're sour grapes about Pastor Hugh portaling in a QB then they're morons or they're looking for a contrarian hot take for views and discussion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just listened to one of the new videos that the War Rapport uploaded and they are whining about Freeze not putting in enough time with Robbie and giving him a legit shot. Lol! Yep, that's probably the last time I listen to those dudes. Absolutely mind blowing! I should have laid off of them when they were sniffing Bryan Hankins' jock in like Sept of last year. 

And I’m sure they wouldn’t whine if Robbie didn’t work out and halfway through the season we had no better option.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I just listened to one of the new videos that the War Rapport uploaded and they are whining about Freeze not putting in enough time with Robbie and giving him a legit shot, before jumping ship to Thorne Lol! Yep, that's probably the last time I listen to those dudes. Absolutely mind blowing! I should have laid off of them when they were sniffing Bryan Hankins' jock in like Sept of last year. 

Thats a lazy take by them cats. Robbie will have a legit shot. If he plays better than Thorne in preseason,  he will start. It's that simple 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

The prequels are Harsin level directing/acting

What are Episodes 7-9 then?  Nalsminger level?

• Love 2

41 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Mike G was on Locked On last month and told Zac B that if McCall enrolled at AU he was not favored to beat out Ashford.  Not sure what’s up with those guys.

• Haha 2

Just now, AUDevil said:

Mike G was on Locked On last month and told Zac B that if McCall enrolled at AU he was not favored to beat out Ashford.  Not sure what’s up with those guys.

Mike G has a tonnnnn of bad takes, dating back to him blaming Bo Nix for the WR's and O Line struggles of the years Bo was at Auburn. I think the guy just likes to stir the pot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not sure why everyone expects the QBs to all the sudden be a lot better after 14 practices? They're having to learn a whole new playbook, learn new reads, and learn new footwork etc.  Its going to take months of repetition to get better.

Edit to add the WRs are having to do the same thing which doesn't help Robbie or Holden to look any better.

Edited by Win4AU

17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Mike G has a tonnnnn of bad takes, dating back to him blaming Bo Nix for the WR's and O Line struggles of the years Bo was at Auburn. I think the guy just likes to stir the pot.

Check your DM

I know/used to work with Ike from The War Rapport, so I'm a little biased in that way. It's been a hot minute since I listened to them. I respected/appreciated them back in the day, and I'll still listen to them from time to time. I don't think the WR is their full time gig or anything, just organized fans looking to do something in their off time. I wouldn't be surprised though if they're looking to get into it full time if they get enough support eventually. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Check your DM

Good Lord, man! Don't send me pics like that! My eyes!!!

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1