2023 3* Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne commits to AU!

GreenTiger

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

if we were to secure Thorne, then we would pull even with them and have just as good a shot

So you're saying the message board & twitter theories that Keon wanted to get away from Throne might not be true?!?!!?!

I'm shocked!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

I ain't picky. Give me Coleman from MSU or Caleb Burton from Ohio State. Either would be WR #1 the moment he steps into the facility here

Burton is tiny and constantly injured. I want him. But dont think he's an immediate #1.

I think Coleman and the Colorado kid are immediate 1a/1b with Cam Brown. Will be a solid top WR duo. New TE plus JJ, Fair, Kelly, Koy and we should have good options 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to Michigan State boards, Thorne and Coleman don't get along at all and won't be going to the same school. 

@TeamZero77 Coleman supposedly debunked this today on social media FWIW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I ain't picky. Give me Coleman from MSU or Caleb Burton from Ohio State. Either would be WR #1 the moment he steps into the facility here. 

I’d be willing to bet Camden Brown is going to have something to say about that, but you can give me any 2 of Burton, Craig, and Coleman. We land 2 of those guys along with Payton and people better start opening their eyes, because this team is going to mean business. At that point I wouldnt see a lot of holes in our starting 22 at all. The depth on the defensive front and at LB is about the only thing I’d be super worried about.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d be willing to bet Camden Brown is going to have something to say about that, but you can give me any 2 of Burton, Craig, and Coleman. We land 2 of those guys along with Payton and people better start opening their eyes, because this team is going to mean business. At that point I would see a lot of holes in our starting 22 at all. The depth on the defensive front and at LB is about the only thing I’d be super worried about.

Oh and if the guys I mentioned above do come, Hugh Freeze needs to be recognized as the man who saved Auburn football from diving really really deep down in the depths of hell, roster wise. The way he has revived the roster and quality depth of this team was done with brain surgery precision. 

Another year of Bryan Harsin would have basically been comparable to us getting the death penalty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

At that point I wouldnt see a lot of holes in our starting 22 at all. The depth on the defensive front and at LB is about the only thing I’d be super worried about.

Ngl, guard still scares me

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ngl, guard still scares me

Worst case scenario there is Stutts, right? Not ideal, but we’ve had worse. Tate Johnson and Jeremiah Wright are the other two guys we may see in a guard spot. I don’t hate any of those 3, but I agree that it would be really nice if we could get a guy like Muskrat too.

Edited by AuCivilEng1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Worst case scenes there is Stutts, right? Not ideal, but we’ve had worse. Tate Johnson and Jeremiah Wright are the other two guys we may see in a guard spot. I don’t hate any of those 3, but I agree that it would be really nice if we could get a guy like Muskrat too.

Connor Lew also got some 1st team reps.

I'd like to gave another portal starter OG and let those 4 fight it out for the last spot. Not to confident in Stutts, Wright, or Tate. Lew has most talent, but at TrFr

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Connor Lew also got some 1st team reps.

I'd like to gave another portal starter OG and let those 4 fight it out for the last spot. Not to confident in Stutts, Wright, or Tate. Lew has most talent, but at TrFr

I’d be interested in seeing how our oline looks with, you know, a decent scheme and a QB who can make throws quickly and decisively.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Burton is tiny and constantly injured. I want him. But dont think he's an immediate #1.

I think Coleman and the Colorado kid are immediate 1a/1b with Cam Brown. Will be a solid top WR duo. New TE plus JJ, Fair, Kelly, Koy and we should have good options 

The UTSA wr is a lot better than the CU kid, IMO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The UTSA wr is a lot better than the CU kid, IMO

Fine we can have 1 player from Texas

• Haha 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Last Texas WR of note was Mr. Emory Blake, right? I’d take an Emory Blake about now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Last Texas WR of note was Mr. Emory Blake, right? I’d take an Emory Blake about now. 

I think Jay Fair will make plays

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

1 Insider ain't enough?

• ellitor changed the title to 2023 Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne
2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’d be interested in seeing how our oline looks with, you know, a decent scheme and a QB who can make throws quickly and decisively.

You mean they actually have QBs like that? Haven’t seen one in so long that I forgot they existed.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

According to Michigan State boards, Thorne and Coleman don't get along at all and won't be going to the same school. 

But then I've seen the news above that Thorne wants Coleman to come with him to Auburn and I've read that these 2 actually do get along and that fans think Mel Tucker is the problem and reason these 2 left. 

I ain't picky. Give me Coleman from MSU or Caleb Burton from Ohio State. Either would be WR #1 the moment he steps into the facility here. 

Wow! Hope it all works out for the good guys 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Wow! Hope it all works out for the good guys 

Ellitor said that the MSU wr Keon Coleman came on social media and put those rumors to rest and said he and Thorne don't have issues. So that's good to hear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

sloth-reaction.gif

FSU and LSU are thought to lead but if we were to secure Thorne, then we would pull even with them and have just as good a shot

He's looking for $$$. We're not going to overpay for a wr.  OU is another potential landing spot for him

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He's looking for $$$. We're not going to overpay for a wr.  OU is another potential landing spot for him

Thorne or a WR target?