2023 3* Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne commits to AU!

GreenTiger

Where is the guy who typically posted the wire GIF when we get a commit. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Awesome! 

So, um, now what are we going to do? Haha

On to WR's.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

excited.gif 

So pumped about this!  CHF is wanting to win now. Not next year, not when he recruits his guys. He wants it NOW!!!

Solid pick up in comparison to where we were at. If this staff doesn't get credit now something is wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DAG said:

It’s on!!!! Great job staff 

Dang this feels great!!! I said since December that TJ wouldn't leave and Hugh would try to develop the QB room he inherited instead of going the portal route. I'll eat crow and LOVE every bite!!!!

I know the season is still months away but dang I'm ready NOW!!! It is really amazing what Coach Freeze and this staff have done to flip alot of this roster. I know that the team will need to gel together with so many new faces but in my opinion what our coaching staff have accomplished so far is just amazing. 

And after what this fanbase has had to endure the past few years, we deserve this kinda excitement. I'm pumped!!! WDE

Edited by TeamZero77
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, TeamZero77 said:

Damn this feels great!!! I said since December that TJ wouldn't leave and Hugh would try to develop the QB room he inherited instead of going the portal route. I'll eat crow and LOVE every bite!!!!

I know the season is still months away but damn I'm ready NOW!!! It is really amazing what Coach Freeze and this staff have done to flip alot of this roster. I know that the team will need to gel together with so many new faces but in my opinion what our coaching staff have accomplished so far is just amazing. 

And after what this fanbase has had to endure the past few years, we deserve this kinda excitement. Dang I'm pumped!!!

It is indeed a great time to be excited . If coach freeze has proven anything , he knows how to recruit and rebuild programs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just wait till we start winning and showing out this season.  The '24 and '25 classes are gonna be awesome, IMO

• Like 3
  • Love 3

This isn't real-time, just ready to do more of this...WDE

A brief history of Rolling Toomer's Corner & Toome

Edited by AUINSY
  • Love 2

Just now, HAPvsOA said:

Replacing Finley with Thorne feels like a massive upgrade. 

Michigan State missing him already.

Yep, don't let their sourness and copium ruin this.  We got exactly who CHF wanted.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

A Twitter commenter: 

"This is the year. Payton Thorne has improved so much under this new offense. He’s focused. He’s having fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a dark horse for the Heisman." 🤣😂 🤣😂  🤣😂 

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yep, don't let their sourness and copium ruin this.  We got exactly who CHF wanted.

Yep, now we need to add some 🍋 juice to the wound by picking up his "friend" Coleman.

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

excited.gif 

So pumped about this!  CHF is wanting to win now. Not next year, not when he recruits his guys. He wants it NOW!!!

I think he has recruited his guys. 

Sparty fans will do what all fans do when a really good player leaves.  Typical “he sucked anyway” comments. No point in reading their posts. 

Edited by Mike4AU
  • Like 3

Just now, Mike4AU said:

Sparty fans will do what all fans do when a really good player leaves.  Typical “he sucked any way” comments. No point in reading their posts. 

I won't lie, the times I saw him last year, I thought to myself man he is inconsistent, but I think he has the experience, moxie and leadership to be exactly what we need for Freeze first year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It is indeed a great time to be excited . If coach freeze has proven anything , he knows how to recruit and rebuild programs. 

Realistically, what other areas do you think we fill through the portal? I figure a WR that will battle for the WR1 spot, the Juco O-Lineman and possibly one more OL, some depth pieces in the secondary and maybe one more edge? 

Hugh has been pretty methodical on filling out this roster. He and his staff really seem to get it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamZero77 said:

Realistically, what other areas do you think we fill through the portal? I figure a WR that will battle for the WR1 spot, the Juco O-Lineman and possibly one more OL, some depth pieces in the secondary and maybe one more edge? 

Hugh has been pretty methodical on filling out this roster. He and his staff really seem to get it. 

Spot on what you said and hope for the best. Would love to get the Michigan State WR and another o-lineman. Not sure if we will get more pieces in the secondary.

• Like 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RunInRed changed the title to 2023 Mich St. Transfer QB Payton Thorne commits to AU!!!!
14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just wait till we start winning and showing out this season.  The '24 and '25 classes are gonna be awesome, IMO

24 class will be top 10 and 25 could be top 5. Auburn with momentum is hard to beat. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

It’s been over three years since I have had any genuine excitement for AU football.  That has changed with the excitement of what Freeze and his coaches and staff have been doing. They are talking the talk AND walking the walk!

• Like 2