Recruit Commit or Final Decision Dates

ellitor

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

At the end of the day, we have to put a good product on the field to maximize recruiting wins.   Right now we are selling we were successful years ago in the SEC.   Hopefully this time next year we can sell look at what we just did. 

Sigh…what does this even mean? Just a team that can win a game of two more than last year and is generally competitive in losses? Or having ‘93/‘13 results? Because one of those is very unrealistic. This is probably a 6-7 win team (if you think I’m being negative that’s literally what Vegas says), so we can’t be depending on a highly improbable outcome to pull ourselves out of the rut we’ve been in. We’ve been just a few spots outside the top 15 on average (247 and On3) the last few years. Getting there this year so long as we don’t have 2012-like results is not an unreasonable ask.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Sigh…what does this even mean? Just a team that can win a game of two more than last year and is generally competitive in losses? Or having ‘93/‘13 results? Because one of those is very unrealistic. This is probably a 6-7 win team (if you think I’m being negative that’s literally what Vegas says), so we can’t be depending on a highly improbable outcome to pull ourselves out of the rut we’ve been in. We’ve been just a few spots outside the top 15 on average (247 and On3) the last few years. Getting there this year so long as we don’t have 2012-like results is not an unreasonable ask.

Is every day a Monday for you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/24/2023 at 6:23 PM, ellitor said:

Kahlil House is committing June 30, 11 AM.

Well this one took an abrubt turn. It was thought to be an AU-Ole Miss battle with AU leading. JLee, Zach Berry (Ole Miss On3), And Steve Wiltfong (247 Recruiting Director) put picks in today for Stanford with 80%, 70%, & 60% confidence respectively. All in the last 30 minutes.

• Sad 2

On 6/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, ArgoEagle said:

OK E. How many of these do we feel confident about commiting to AU?

3-7. Blockton, Baker, and Riggs seem likely plus Barber, Crawford, Simmons, and Henderson seem to be trending in the right direction.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Well this one took an abrubt turn. It was thought to be an AU-Ole Miss battle with AU leading. JLee, Zach Berry (Ole Miss On3), And Steve Wiltfong (247 Recruiting Director) put picks in today for Stanford with 80%, 70%, & 60% confidence respectively. All in the last 30 minutes.

Stanford is quite the draw for those highly academic type OL recruits.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Anywhere I can find a list of BCW visitors?

@AUwent If there is a list, it's internal right now, meaning the AU staff has it. Recruiting sites will start compiling names on their own the last half of July. AU gives out an official list to reporters the day before the event, which is July 29th. All that to say, you have to wait a few more weeks at minimum, in all likelyhood.

Florida State has the recruiting picks lead the last I saw.

Edited by toddc

3 hours ago, gman87 said:

Time to update, and Riddick is a LB, not a WR.

@gman87 i’ll get to it when I can. I’m moving this week.

9 hours ago, Ausburn2 said:

Remember the moving is how it all started with Golf.

Pangea breaking up really threw him for a loop and started his travels

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Pangea breaking up really threw him for a loop and started his travels

I knew Golf was old. I just didn't realize he was old enough to be impacted by Pangea breaking up.

LOL.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I knew Golf was old. I just didn't realize he was old enough to be impacted by Pangea breaking up.

LOL.

There's a bug joke in there somewhere but even I won't do that to Golf. I'll let Bird do it.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Pangea never happened

You would know. I bow to your expertise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

You would know. I bow to your expertise.

When I joined this site 13 or so years ago I used to scroll and scroll past ya’ll’s endless banter - now it’s my favorite part.

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

When I joined this site 13 or so years ago I used to scroll and scroll past ya’ll’s endless banter - now it’s my favorite part.

We're like a fine wine, too much and your drunk.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

And your back, and your hip, and your knee, and….

In my case being over 70 and having played Rugby for over 40 years probably explains why I thought you were talking about me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3