2024 3* DL Dimitry Nicolas Commits to AU!

ellitor

Default Avatar

6-4 / 295
Monsignor Pace
Opa Locka, FL

Notable Offers: AU, Florida, Miami, UGA, Michigan, Penn St, A&M, Oregon
Sounds like a guy to watch for pretty soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Default Avatar

6-3 / 260
Monsignor Pace
Opa Locka, FL

Notable Offers: AU, Florida, Miami, UGA, Michigan, Penn St, A&M, Oregon
Sounds like a guy to watch for pretty soon

Super athletic but a bit of a tweener. Sounds like he has the frame to hold more weight and bulk. 

• Like 1

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

• Thanks 1

Auburn trending for 2024 DL Dimitry Nicolas ahead of commitment date

Collin Ginnan•about 4 hours

AUBURN, AL - August 04, 2023 - Auburn Defensive Line Coach Jeremy Garrett during practice at the Woltosz Football Performance Center in Auburn, AL. Photo by Austin Perryman

Opa Locka (Fla.) Miami Norland three-star defensive lineman Dimitry Nicolas has moved up his commitment date to Friday, and one SEC school is the overwhelming favorite according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (RPM).

Auburn is trending to land Nicolas’ commitment with a 96.6% chance according to the RPM. Auburn was the last visit Nicolas made before the August dead period, and the Tigers have been the favorite since that visit in late July.

AuburnLive insiders Cole Pinkston and Jeffrey Lee have both entered expert predictions for the Tigers at 60% and 70% confidence levels, respectively.

“Coach (Jeremy) Garrett is a good, genuine guy,” Nicolas told AuburnLive. “We have had a lot of conversations since Big Cat. We talk almost every day. He’s also had a couple of conversations with my mom. My mom likes his energy, the vibes he gives off. He just seems like a good, young guy.

“Coach (Hugh) Freeze is another energetic, genuine guy. My mom and dad talked to him. Every day he sends me quotes to keep me up and to have a good day and a good practice. He’s just a good guy.”

Nicolas is the nation’s No. 571 overall prospect and No. 55 defensive lineman in the 2024 cycle, according to the On3 Industry Ranking — a weighted average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies. He is also the No. 74 player in Florida.

Auburn lands commitment from South Florida DL Dimitry Nicolas

Auburn landed a commitment from the big South Florida DL on Friday.

Christian Clemente8 mins

It only took one trip for Dimitry Nicolas to know where he wanted to be. The big defensive lineman announced his commitment to Auburn on Friday, choosing the Tigers over Florida, Miami and Pittsburgh.

“It’s Auburn,” Nicolas told Auburn Undercover. “It’s just the connection with the coaches and the family feel. They can help my career and develop me into who I want to be in life.”

Profiling as an interior defensive lineman and potentially even a nose tackle one day, Nicolas is currently listed at 6-foot-4 and 295 pounds. He’s ranked in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite as a 3-star the No. 545 player, No. 54 defensive lineman and No. 74 player from Florida. 247Sports ranks Nicolas as the No. 45 defensive lineman and No. 72 player from Florida.

Defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett was a crucial part of his recruitment.

“You know he’s a cool guy. It’s about more than just football with him,” Nicolas said.

From Norland (Fla.), Nicolas took his first visit up to Auburn for Big Cat Weekend and left impressed. Since then, Auburn continued to recruit him and opted to take his commitment on Friday.

It was shortly after Big Cat Weekend when Nicolas knew he wanted to be on the Plains.

“Like the next few days after I knew,” Nicolas said.

For Auburn’s 2024 class,  Garrett now holds commitments from Nicolas, Composite 4-star Malik Blocton and Composite 4-star TJ Lindsey. Lindsey projects as more of a defensive end, while Blocton can shift around and primarily play the 3-tech, with Nicolas as the interior option.

“They want me to fit in the nose guard to tackle position,” Nicolas said. “So the one-, two- and three-tech.”

Auburn’s class remains at No. 14 in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings, now with 17 total commitments.

His message to the fans? Simple.

“War Eagle,” Nicolas said.

• Like 1

IMG_2960.jpeg

• Like 2

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 3* DL Dimitry Nicolas Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This one has been a long time coming. I like his odds of picking up a 4th star before it’s all said and done.

• Like 5