"Even the appearance of impropriety"

LPTiger

51 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, I have and it is obvious that Weiss didn’t look deep enough to implicate Joe.  I did want a special counsel to be appointed, just not Weiss who has proven he didn’t look deep enough to do a thorough investigation.  The man was going to give Hunter a pass.

This is true, however, when you add that at least 9 Bidens not named Joe also received some of that $20 million they received during Joe’s time as VP.  Why did that happen?  Who benefited from this distribution?  Do you think Hunter is the type of person that is philanthropist?   Why is it that only the most corrupt of nations are interested in Hunter’s business?  Why not Italy or France?  One of Hunter’s emails to his daughter states Hunter is paying *Pop’s* bills which shows a direct connection to Joe.  It will be interesting when the Biden money man testifies, if he is allowed.

Can you look past your bias for Biden?  Do these not raise some sort of curiosity that should be looked into until those questions are answered.

Does it not raise a red flag when the only reason we even know about this potential bribery scheme is because of a laptop that was left at the repair shop and not pick up?  How about 51 ex-security people mislead the population saying it had *all the earmarks of a Russian disinformation campaign* or when the FBI planted the seed in the social media outlets and MSM that there was about to be a hack dump involving Hunter and Joe just before the election?

Where is your curiosity in these matters?  Is it just part of politics?

Bias for Biden is a monumental overreach.  You are so certain that some massive criminal enterprise exists, that when someone looks and doesn't find anything, you immediately claim that they didn't look hard or far enough.  The most corrupt nations and business interests in those nations are always going to be the most interested in trying to buy some possible influence.  Why?  That is how it works in many places around the world, especially in those countries that aren't advanced democracies. You are great at reciting headlines from right wing media.  What we all know from recent past is that those headlines often, if not always, promise more than they deliver.

Everything the House Republicans allege begins with their already established assumption that the DOJ and FBI are compromised. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You are great at reciting headlines from right wing media.  What we all know from recent past is that those headlines often, if not always, promise more than they deliver.

Everything the House Republicans allege begins with their already established assumption that the DOJ and FBI are compromised. 

And you are great at blowing off any negative thoughts about Biden.  I guess we are on different sides here.

To the House Republicans allegations; they begin with believing the laptop is Hunter’s and fueled by bank records along with over 170 suspicious activity reports on the Biden’s bank accounts.  They end up proving the FBI and the DOJ are not doing their jobs properly and with a lack of transparency.

9 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Dib, tell me what you mean by the lack of "favorable rulings doesn't mean a thing to me?"   NOTHING prevents the justices from taking trips paid for by others.   Becoming an Article III judge doesn't mean you can't accept gifts from friends.  What you can't do is accept gifts from friends and then decide cases/issues which would benefit them. 

I am saying I think federal judges should be prevented from accepting anything besides de minimis gifts from anyone. I understand that is not the current standard.  It is just my personal belief because we cannot know for certain that the gifts didn't come from someone that does have a case before the judge but is just giving the gift by way of two or three parties to hide the impropriety. If they cannot take any large gifts then that issue is nipped in the bud.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 7:33 PM, Didba said:

Biden and Trump's transgressions as president have only had major impacts on the US in roughly the last 8ish years. Thomas's transgressions have spanned much longer and potentially for his whole term and/or large portions of it.

@NolaAuTiger this is why

Nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Nonsense. 

Thank you for your opinion!

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I actually like you, despite your occasional gobbledygook. 

Likewise! 

• Thanks 1

Looking back at the OP, I wonder how people view the current stay of Biden at the beach home of a wealthy DEM donor while being critical of Clarence Brown for similar stuff.

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Looking back at the OP, I wonder how people view the current stay of Biden at the beach home of a wealthy DEM donor while being critical of Clarence Brown for similar stuff.

I condemn it just the same! It’s all bad, no matter if it’s blue or red! I appreciate the question as it’s always nice to surprise.

Citizens United has performed irreparable damage to our democracy.  

Edited by Didba
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

SOAT, When conservatives do it, it is a bribe, when libs do it, it is just a vacation. 

9 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

SOAT, When conservatives do it, it is a bribe, when libs do it, it is just a vacation. 

For some democrats, when conservatives do it, it is a bribe, when libs do it, it is a bribe. 

• Like 2