Has anyone ever had a discussion

aubiefifty

on what we can all agree on together collectively? i just wonder if we discussed what we could agree on it might give folks a different look at each other. i am sure some will think it is silly. are we so far gone as a country we cannot do this? at the end of the day we all want what we think is best for america. i expect crickets for the record.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the removal of conflicts of interest for politicians, overturning CU, Go Auburn, words I can't say here about Bama are the main ones

Edited by arein0
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

on what we can all agree on together collectively? i just wonder if we discussed what we could agree on it might give folks a different look at each other. i am sure some will think it is silly. are we so far gone as a country we cannot do this? at the end of the day we all want what we think is best for america. i expect crickets for the record.

I hope we can agree that things need to change for both parties where the focus is us and not of special interests. 

That we need a true unification around the sole purpose of a democratic republic….where the people have the true collective power and not a small group of entitled, self centered people who use us as pawns in a big game of chicken.

other than that….War Damn Eagle! 😂 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think there are actually several concepts / ideals we would all (or at least most) agree on, the gaps, IMO, usually come out in how we get there.  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Thank you.  We all need to get away from the discussion of personalities, parties, ideologies, labels.

We need to be focused on policies, policies that ensure peace and prosperity for all.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, aubiefifty said:

I think War Eagle is about it. Not silly at all, but sad.

Only 60% of Republicans and 29% of Democrats are extremely proud of America! As a former soldier, I hope you equally share the sadness of that reality. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think War Eagle is about it. Not silly at all, but sad.

Only 60% of Republicans and 29% of Democrats are extremely proud of America! As a former soldier, I hope you equally share the sadness of that reality. 

i gave four years of my life to the navy and i left sad a long long time ago. i believe in my heart we are seeing the beginning of the end.

On 8/23/2023 at 3:52 PM, aubiefifty said:

Great suggestion. I wish it could happen on several topics but it couldn't involve anything  in the political or religious arena. I just wish for more civility  and punishment by mods for any poster calling another nasty names, liar, or other insults. One easy thing that might help......get rid of the votes on posts.

• Haha 1

The influence of money in politics is about the only thing I suspect may have universal agreement on this forum.

Needless to say, I have other major reforms I'd like to see, but no doubt there would be a lot of push back on them.....  (cough,cough modernizing our electoral system, cough, cough!) 

Otherwise, War Eagle!   :wedance:

Edited by homersapien

1. If you serve 20 or more years in the military, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

2. If you teach for 30 or more years, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

3. If you are a peace officer or first responder for 30 or more years, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

4. All income of any type is taxed at a flat rate of 22.5%.  

5. Good dogs don't die until the day after their master passes.

6. Be nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

1. If you serve 20 or more years in the military, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

2. If you teach for 30 or more years, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

3. If you are a peace officer or first responder for 30 or more years, you pay no federal income taxes for the rest of your life.

4. All income of any type is taxed at a flat rate of 22.5%.  

5. Good dogs don't die until the day after their master passes.

6. Be nice.

How about rascally dogs?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

How about rascally dogs?

I really like them all TT and hate to see any of them pass.   We have 3 that live inside -- a 95 lb dobbie (fifty that isn't what you smoke), a 85 lb lab and a 45 lb rescue husky mix.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I love dog people!

We're a symbiotic species. ;)  From the start.

Well I'll be hot damn, Homer and I agree on something.   Our preacher says if you want to know what true love is, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car on a hot August day, come back and hour later and see which one is happy to see you.