Football Experience

Guest Tigrinum Major

What is your level of football playing experience?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. What is your level of football playing experience?

• Never played any football
    • Never played any org. football, but have a mean touch game
    • Played organized football at jr. high or below
    • Played high school football
    • Played small college football (Div 1-AA or below)
    • Walked on at a D-1 school
    • Played at a D-1 school
    • I was an All-American!

I currently play jv and high school.I start at OT and DT on jv will be starting on varsity by next year.The only reason I play is because i'm so big i'm 5'9 210 and i also bench 200 and squat 340 and i'm only 14.That about does it for my bragging .

176071[/snapback]

Where do you play TF?

Guest Tigrinum Major
OK, who is claiming to be an All American?

176152[/snapback]

I'd like to know who the college players were. I can only name one from the forums that played at Auburn and I am not sure if he was a walkon or not.

I'd like to know who the college players were.  I can only name one from the forums that played at Auburn and I am not sure if he was a walkon or not.

176158[/snapback]

Just ask Big Blue :P

Okay, I'll chime in.....

Played from the time I was 7 all the way through HS. In HS, I was starting C and starting DT. Not the biggest guy on the team at 6' 0", 250, but I was by far the fastest (I ran a 4.9 as a soph.), so those positions were a good fit for me. I had some serious burnout and got lazy my senior year, so I got hurt. Sprained my knee pretty good. By that time I was 6'2", 275. After a year, I tried to walk-on at Delta State, but sprained my knee again after 3 weeks (and alot harder two-a-days) and never went back. So that's my college career.......

Funny, I've suffered alot more injuries playing softball since those days than I did playing full contact football. Odd......Now, it's strictly golf for me.....

I currently play jv and high school.I start at OT and DT on jv will be starting on varsity by next year.The only reason I play is because i'm so big i'm 5'9 210 and i also bench 200 and squat 340 and i'm only 14.That about does it for my bragging .

176071[/snapback]

Where do you play TF?

176157[/snapback]

Randolph County High School in Wedowee,AL

I kicked for two games in HS. Then I made a select traveling soccer squad. So it was practice 4 days a week for one game for 12 weeks or practice two days, play two league games a week, and then 4-7 games a weekend in a different city of the United States for a whole year.

played jr high and hs. ball.

cracked two helmets while playing LB. I was like tray blackmon, small for my position, but meaner 'n hell; little ball of hate so-to-speak.

played backup TE.

got a couple stingers. Neurosurgeon told me i had a genetic narrowing of the spinal column. With that, I hung up my cleats.

sure did enjoy it tho. It just wasnt in His plans i reckon.

I was hoping to play in HS but when I got there (RE LEE - Montgomery) I wasn't near big enough. In 10th grade I was only about 5-10 130. Anyone familiar with Lee in the late 80's and early 90's knows that wouldn't even do for holder. I graduated at 6-1 145. I am now just 6-2 180. My junior year, Lee was pressing more weight than two of the local HS combined.

Played Jr High ball but HATED playing in pads. Worked all through HS and started college at 17, plus I was short and round until about my senior year in HS. Played flag ball in college and loved it.... no pads.... and a group of us played every Sunday afternoon on the front lawn of the old trade school in East Gadsden. Some tough dudes in that group, including a couple who had played college ball and a heavyweight golden gloves boxing champ. Played with a group in a club in Columbia SC right out of Auburn with a few guys who had played college ball and others who were playing semi-pro ball at the time. Lot of fun and lots of memories of those days in the late 60's and early70's.

I was hoping to play in HS but when I got there (RE LEE - Montgomery) I wasn't near big enough.  In 10th grade I was only about 5-10 130.  Anyone familiar with Lee in the late 80's and early 90's knows that wouldn't even do for holder.  I graduated at 6-1 145.  I am now just 6-2 180.  My junior year, Lee was pressing more weight than two of the local HS combined.

176467[/snapback]

Lee sucks and couldn't hold a candle to Jeff Davis... :moon:

Played no higher then high school but I was also a volunteer assistant coach for QBs and receivers at my small high school for a 4 years up until a couple of years ago. It was only during practices, not an official "game time" coach even though I still was on the sidelines anyway for "support". However, baseball was my main sport in which I played at the college level. Basketball was actually my second best sport. I was not that good at football in high school. I was really skinny 135 lb. senior. I was a converted WR that had the mind to play QB, but my body could not take the pounding, which caused me to leave the pocket in fear quite a few times. :lol:

HS played DE/OLB, on Offense FB, was a Punter with a 4.5 hang time but my favorite of all was Sprint man or the wedge buster on kickoffs.50 yrd sprint then T off on a couple of guys!Can't beat it!! :big:

I was hoping to play in HS but when I got there (RE LEE - Montgomery) I wasn't near big enough.  In 10th grade I was only about 5-10 130.  Anyone familiar with Lee in the late 80's and early 90's knows that wouldn't even do for holder.  I graduated at 6-1 145.  I am now just 6-2 180.  My junior year, Lee was pressing more weight than two of the local HS combined.

176467[/snapback]

Lee sucks and couldn't hold a candle to Jeff Davis... :moon:

176481[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

JD never beat Lee the entire time I was there. BTW, all my friends went to JD and Lanier. I was around more JD people than Lee people.

And, Lee does suck now. Someone told me they didn't win a game last year. Pathetic. Once the exodus to Autauga and Elmore counties kicked in, Lee dropped big-time. Now Prattville looks like the powerhouse in that area. Prattville is another team that never beat Lee while I was there.

So much for the good-ole-days... ;)

I played from 3rd Grade through high school. Center and defensive tackle. Played on two AISA state champion teams and was an all-star at center. But at 6'2" and 215 lb didn't any major recruiting. The athletic director for the AISA offered to help me get on at a smaller college, but I was stuborn and wanted to do everything myself. I was going to walk on at Auburn as a DE but didn't fill out the physical form properly and missed my chance. I missed my chance and kick myself often for it, but everything happens for a reason.

And, Lee does suck now.  Someone told me they didn't win a game last year.  Pathetic.  Once the exodus to Autauga and Elmore counties kicked in, Lee dropped big-time.  Now Prattville looks like the powerhouse in that area.  Prattville is another team that never beat Lee while I was there.

So much for the good-ole-days...  ;)

Just trying to goad me aren't you. Lee was the ONLY team to beat us my SR year (1984 season). All because my coach thought he could run straight up the middle against a 6-1 defense. His only problem wa that the "1" of the 6-1 was a guy names Quinton Riggins. Then in the playoffs, you guys worried so bad about having to play us in the second round, that you lost to SELMA? Oh well. We still won state and you guys sat at home. The reason Lee stinks is that Spence left.

I played football from age 8 - 19. Had a scholly to JUCO then walked-on at AU. Practice squad WR. Loads of fun, terrible politics. Run out of money and patience and decided it would be wiser to get a job and graduate. I did have a lot of fun though. Coach 8-9 yr olds. Amazing how much stuff you forget that they don't even know yet.

I played in YMCA and pee wee leagues and was a starter at LB and FB. I'd knock the snot out of you. Got to 7th grade and was 2nd string CB and WR. Got bored with knocking heads in practice and not getting into games until garbage time so I gave it up. Of course, all those big SOBs from west Montgomery outweighing me by 30-40 lbs. might have had something to do with it too.

And for the record, I attended both Jeff Davis (10th and 11th) and Lee (12th). I wish I'd gone to Lee all three years. A lot more fun and nicer people overall.

A quick story from the JD/Lee rivalry. My junior year, on the Friday of the game, 3 of Lee's football players decided it would be cool to go streaking (Running naked for you young folks :D ) down the halls of Jeff Davis while class was going on. I heard a huge commotion go by the door of my geometry class and later found out that one of em' was tackled by the security guard.

It's not that embarrasing to be tackled by a guy who played OL for the Green bay Packers(Security guard).....but to be naked at the time??? :P:P

Needless to say, he didn't play that night. :lol:

Played in the Deleware style wing -T as a wingback, changed offenses to a spread my junior year and kinda got phased out as I am tall enough 6'2 to play reciever but not fast enough. Moved to a SS/ Rover on defense and loved it! Got some looks from junior colleges but no offers. Best 4 years of my life....the good ole days of high school football

I only made it through two years of high school ball. I played well my freshman year and ended the season by being called up to varsity. My sophomore year appeared promising; I was a two-way starter on JV and a starter on varsity (center and longsnapper). I tore my knee the first day of school. They did an MRI, missed the tear and cleared me to play four week later. Oddly enough, as soon as I got hit on the leg it went out again. I missed the rest of that season. Then, I got in a car wreck and ruined my neck so I couldn't go back. Good story, eh?

Archived