If you don’t think Israel could become another Mideast theocracy

TexasTiger

You’re not paying attention. Did you know Orthodox Jews are, in practice, exempt from military service that’s compulsory for everyone else? That the current government wants that enshrined in law? That the current government has strongly homophobic elements that would rival fundamentalist Muslims in other Mideast governments? That Netanyahu is seeking to destroy the judiciary that protects minority and individual rights? These movements are worldwide. Our long-term ally in Israel is no different.

https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/X_kqftbvY__esF9HTX9St_C7wsoganj3/

• Like 3

America has conscientious objectors. The only difference in this case is Americans are handled on an individual basis where the Orthodox Jews are excused as a group. Big deal? Why? Who cares?

Jews and Muslims don't like sexual deviants. It's deep in their religion. This is nothing new.

There are plenty of valid concerns to worry about, Inflation, Immigration and Irritation to name just three that start with the letter I. Let Israel tote its own water bucket.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

America has conscientious objectors. The only difference in this case is Americans are handled on an individual basis where the Orthodox Jews are excused as a group. Big deal? Why? Who cares?

Jews and Muslims don't like sexual deviants. It's deep in their religion. This is nothing new.

There are plenty of valid concerns to worry about, Inflation, Immigration and Irritation to name just three that start with the letter I. Let Israel tote its own water bucket.

Israelis care:

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19492627.amp

“Let Israel tote its own water bucket.“ So no more aid?

8 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

“Let Israel tote its own water bucket.“ So no more aid?

No, no interference in their internal affairs.

Israel will fight ON OUR SIDE us if the time comes. Lets stop giving aid to nations that hate us. Spend the excess on finishing the border wall, tripling the aid to Israel and improving Senator Tuberville's office.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, no interference in their internal affairs.

Israel will fight ON OUR SIDE us if the time comes. Lets stop giving aid to nations that hate us. Spend the excess on finishing the border wall, tripling the aid to Israel and improving Senator Tuberville's office.

You made me laugh there....lol

• Like 1

I think one of the bigger differences are who instigates most of the regional violence in the Middle East.  Whether Muslim or Jew, it’s their country & culture to do as they wish (within reason of course). But, you don’t see Israel instigating terrorism, rocket attacks, or trying to wipe all the Muslim countries off the map.  

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/18/2023 at 7:07 PM, TexasTiger said:

You’re not paying attention. Did you know Orthodox Jews are, in practice, exempt from military service that’s compulsory for everyone else? That the current government wants that enshrined in law? That the current government has strongly homophobic elements that would rival fundamentalist Muslims in other Mideast governments? That Netanyahu is seeking to destroy the judiciary that protects minority and individual rights? These movements are worldwide. Our long-term ally in Israel is no different.

Israel and the Jewish people are God’s chosen. Israel will not fall.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

That can be true and also be true that they sometimes need to be called out for some of their actions.

46 minutes ago, GoAU said:

I think one of the bigger differences are who instigates most of the regional violence in the Middle East.  Whether Muslim or Jew, it’s their country & culture to do as they wish (within reason of course). But, you don’t see Israel instigating terrorism, rocket attacks, or trying to wipe all the Muslim countries off the map.  

There’s an argument that some actions against Israeli Arabs are terroristic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/06/14/israel-palestinians-demolitions-west-bank/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

That can be true and also be true that they sometimes need to be called out for some of their actions.

Both are true.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 7:07 PM, TexasTiger said:

OK, So now what? Turn our backs on the ONLY elected DEMOCRATIC govt in the ME because they arent perfect?

I will support the first ELECTED govt in the ME that is not Israel. We just spent 20 years and somewhere near $4-6TN on trying to establish elected govts in the ME and failed 100% in doing so.

Edited by DKW 86

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

OK, So now what? Turn our backs on the ONLY elected DEMOCRATIC govt in the ME because they arent perfect?

I will support the first ELECTED govt in the ME that is not Israel. We just spent 20 years and somewhere near $4-6TN on trying to establish elected govts in the ME and failed 100% in doing so.

Did I say that?

12 hours ago, PUB78 said:

But hasn't History already proven that Israel and Jewish States in general can and do fall? The Kingdom of Israel and Judea were defeated and conquered multiple times and ceased to exist as a formal political state for a majority of human history. 

It’s easy to judge Israel until you’re in their shoes and in their neck of the woods. I think it’s fair to challenge them if we disagree - but make no mistake they’re a critical strategic ally. Plus they are a major tech innovator and potentially has the best trained military on the planet. They’re very useful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It’s easy to judge Israel until you’re in their shoes and in their neck of the woods. I think it’s fair to challenge them if we disagree - but make no mistake they’re a critical strategic ally. Plus they are a major tech innovator and potentially has the best trained military on the planet. They’re very useful.

Which is why it would be tragic if they keep moving in this direction.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Which is why it would be tragic if they keep moving in this direction.

I lived in Tel Aviv for 2 years (tech stuff). They have many cultural divisions. One of the biggest is the secular portion generally live in Tel Aviv (almost a Miami Beach culture) and the deeply religious in Jerusalem (salt lake city religious but more so). 70 miles apart but night and day. The only thing that unifies is that they’re surrounded by counties who all want to annihilate them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

But hasn't History already proven that Israel and Jewish States in general can and do fall? The Kingdom of Israel and Judea were defeated and conquered multiple times and ceased to exist as a formal political state for a majority of human history. 

Many times they have fallen and were conquered. Not this time, as this world is entering its final phase.

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Many times they have fallen and were conquered. Not this time, as this world is entering its final phase.

Lord help us. You folks are intent on speeding that along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:25 PM, PUB78 said:

Yes, heaven is truly theirs.  As long as they are capitalist and, Republican.

Jesus was clueless.

BTW, hasn't Israel fallen before?  What happened?

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I just want to see all of the "sinners" smited, once and for all.  Jesus is going to kill them.

Drinking American Beer, driving an American full-size 4 Door 4X4 pickup, wielding an AR-15, with a confederate flag and a trump flag unfurled in the back...

Trump's Campaign Ramps Up – BillMoyers.com

Edited by DKW 86

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes, heaven is truly theirs.  As long as they are capitalist and, Republican.

Jesus was clueless.

BTW, hasn't Israel fallen before?  What happened?

So, you hate the Jews?

• Facepalm 1

On 9/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, TexasTiger said:

Israelis aren’t a monolith.

Of course not. Still many people in this country whole heartedly believe the covenant continues. You will not convince them otherwise.