Moral victory

cole256

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Screenshotted before he deletes

IMG_2511.png

Maybe they doubled him and by the time Beck found was running wide open in the secondary. Unfortunately I don’t think anyone check Bowers straight up. Definitely need an exotic scheme for him or just have that dude on defense that at least get a 50/50 split on him. Not sure u can completely shut him down

32 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I like your earlier post too - I think it was almost too scathing on Roberts, but I can’t say I disagree with it either. Between this second half and the second half of the A&M game, I can totally see if someone’s having second thoughts about Roberts 

Guys I’m flat out showing my teeth when it comes to Roberts. Maybe I’m too harsh, but it’s extremely frustrating to lose to GA the last 20 years basically 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Georgia has beat us 16 out of the last 19 meetings. There is no moral victory in this one. The rivalry has become embarrassing! We have to start winning these games when we have the opportunity.

Respectfully, what do u expect. Auburn has a new coach, make shift line, no depth and plenty of injuries. The offense didn’t even have a pulse last week. Yes a win would have been nice but this was great for recruiting. The team was competitive with all the flaws. Even though Georgia appears to be not as strong in years past they are still number #1 and back to back champions.

• Like 3

If a moral victory is when you lose but are encouraged, then I'll sure take that over last week when we lost & I was really discouraged. As others have noted, Bowers was the difference in the game. I hadn't thought about Simpson's injury maybe having an impact on covering him. I appreciated the improvement in the run game & in penalties & turnovers, & I thought we used Robby better. I agree with what y'all have said about the passing game & receivers needing to catch balls & help Thorne out. But how poor was our short yardage offense today? I don't think we converted a 3rd & short or 4th & short all day, & that was huge! We have to be able to make 3rd & 1 most of the time to win games against good opponents. I hope that's the next area where we see improvement. And like Cole & others of you, I hope we can sustain this kind of improvement & effort. War Eagle y'all!

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, what do u expect. Auburn has a new coach, make shift line, no depth and plenty of injuries. The offense didn’t even have a pulse last week. Yes a win would have been nice but this was great for recruiting. The team was competitive with all the flaws. Even though Georgia appears to be not as strong in years past they are still number #1 and back to back champions.

We definitely need wins, but we needed hope more than anything IMO. Anyone who was reasonable coming into this game was just hoping for something that felt different than 4 out of the last 5 matchups, and something that would result in recruit buy in. and we got both! I'd bet my third born kid that we didn't lead by 10 at any point in 2018-2022! 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Their guy was going for the ball. Our guy was outmusceled 

Why was Fair even the guy ?!?

Shoulda had Fairweather in that spot

28 minutes ago, kwagoner said:

That’s kinda knee jerk…. Defense has been great all year, despite playing thin.

And it took until the 4th for a fantastic versatile player to break out. He usually dominates all game.

2023 REGULAR SEASON RECEIVING RUSHING
DATE OPP RESULT REC YDS AVG LNG TD CAR YDS AVG TD LNG
Sat 9/30 @AUBAUB 8 157 19.6 40 1 1 3 3.0 0 3
Sat 9/23 vsUABUAB 9 121 13.4 41 2 0 0 0.0 0 0
Sat 9/16 vsSCSC 7 54 7.7 13 0 1 1 1.0 0 1
Sat 9/9 vsBALLBALL 1 3 3.0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0
Sat 9/2 vsUTMUTM 5 78 15.6 23 0 1 3 3.0 1 3
TOTAL 22 256 11.6 41 2 2 4 2.0 1 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Bowers is a generational TE.  You can't just scheme him away.  Ron Roberts has been solid.

They did in the first half and seemed to go away from that.

Why?

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Screenshotted before he deletes

IMG_2511.png

Someone take is twitter away

2 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Why was Fair even the guy ?!?

Shoulda had Fairweather in that spot

I was thinking that myself. Fair needs to be hit in stride. To me on that play needed a big body . On that particular play don’t think he goes over a bigger receiver 

Fairweather, outside of one noticeable drop, seems like a good, you put it in his general radius and he'll get you a catch. The problem is that they need a tall WR who can get up there and extend his general radius. To me, that's the value a dynamic tall WR will always have over a good pass catching TE. 

This Hooks kid that they were saying is everything under the sun...has he done anything over the last two games? I'm not saying that to be snarky, but I thought this was going to be that dude 

I am beyond ecstatic. This was the #1 team in the nation. Our past performances suggested our goose was cooked. 
This team fought and put together some of the things we have been waiting on. And they did it against a very very talented team. The success of this team will rest on the D until the  O catches up. And they are slowly gelling. 

I am proud to be an Auburn Tiger!

Edited by CCTAU
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I'm assuming Freeze will address it with him

Idk if Hugh is one to discuss twitter usage 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Fairweather, outside of one noticeable drop, seems like a good, you put it in his general radius and he'll get you a catch. The problem is that they need a tall WR who can get up there and extend his general radius. To me, that's the value a dynamic tall WR will always have over a good pass catching TE. 

This Hooks kid that they were saying is everything under the sun...has he done anything over the last two games? I'm not saying that to be snarky, but I thought this was going to be that dude 

Hooks and Shorter have been absent. Mardner too.  Basically every WR we took in the portal

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, WarDamnDoc said:

Bowers is a generational TE.  You can't just scheme him away.  Ron Roberts has been solid.

Best player in all of college football, imo.  I suspect he will be a top 10 draft pick as well.  I can't recall a better TE that AU has faced.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Hooks and Shorter have been absent. Mardner too.  Basically every WR we took in the portal

I have a pro-Marcus Davis agenda, so I will choose to not critique those acquisitions. But those dudes were FCS/lower level FBS guys that kinda seems like they're not much more than that lol. Wish we still had Tarvarish

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I have a pro-Marcus Davis agenda, so I will choose to not critique those acquisitions. But those dudes were FCS/lower level FBS guys that kinda seems like they're not much more than that lol. Wish we still had Tarvarish

Man I'd kill to have him and Hudson still on the team. We need a playmaker at WR so badly. Two of the worst Harsin casualties, along with JJ. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Most of you know me I'm not a moral victory guy.....But we should be able to build from this. Last few years uga kicked our teeth in. 

Unlike what some people argued with me about Sanders this showed something. IMO this is showing if we get the talent this shows that we can win. 

I'm going to take the moral victory on this one

Don’t like the term “moral victory” and it is meaningless end of day. Do believe 2013 loss to LSU was a good loss if iIt can be termed that way. Same with the 1982 Georgia loss. Came away today feeling similar.

• Like 1