*Official Auburn vs. LSU Game Thread*

abw0004

There is factual evidence that Thorne CAN play good football in system that he is comfortable with. Hugh is forcing a system and a 2 Qb hybrid offense that hand killed all hope. It didn’t work at Cal and should have been trashed then 

This is with our offense at mid season with 2 weeks to prepare for one of the worst defenses in the SEC.

IMG_0267.jpeg

• Sad 1

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

Well if that’s true, then it’s only a matter of time before we are searching for yet another head coach.  

Gotta get real SEC players.  Looks about like Norvel’s 1st year…garbage on O.

9 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Mich State was NOT sorry to see him go. 

Yet Auburn fans praise the coup and propped him up like he would be the savior. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, keesler said:

I personally just wanted to see weekly improvement and a competitive offense.  Didn’t think either one was too much to ask for.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

Yeah they are different and our head coach acts as stubborn as Gus did.  I don’t know what Hugh sees or thinks, but Thorne continues to regress and the moment still is way too big for him.  He really should not even play one more snap on this team.  He doesn’t have it.  

Sad but true. 

1 minute ago, keesler said:

At that point though, I don't think there was anyone left, right? It was Thorne or that kid from Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

The big 10 is not the SEC not even close.  And on top of that, he had a lot of talent around him that hid his lack of talent. 

That's just plain arrogance and SEC bias. Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan would whip any team not named Georgia.

• Like 2

Just now, murpjf88 said:

That's just plain arrogance and SEC bias. Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan would whip any team not named Georgia.

I don’t know about that.  The SEC’s dominance for many years is not something you can ignore.  And I believe LSU, Alabama and Texas A&M would be competitive in every one of those games.  

Just now, murpjf88 said:

I think all 3 of them would have a good shot against uga this year. Although, for some reason I just can't buy that Michigan is the real deal....ever.

Just now, Deutschetiger said:

Can someone explain to me WTF is Thorne playing?

image.gif.b46da6a9910d70c9418d4d403723adb7.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I stayed on the Harsin train until after the year 2 PSU debacle, even while the signs were flashing much earlier. Not doing it again. Our offense is as anemic, disorganized, and ineffective as I’ve ever seen it. 2012 bad. Poor coaching on the part of Hugh and the entire offensive staff. No way we should look this bad at mid season and after an off week. 

It is blatently obvious that we just don't have the horses, especially on offense. Thorne has thrown like 3 back shoulder throws perfectly and our receivers don't have sense enough to come to a quick stop & watch the DB run on by & catch the ball.  Our guys do not fight hard enough for 50/50 balls and they suck at getting open. Also watch how long JD has to find a receiver compared to our QB's.  When Freeze gets our roster up to snuff I Guarantee you it will be much better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

This kind of stuff can wait until Sunday

Nah, I’m good sharing it now. More timely. If we come back and have a thunderous second half I will gladly come back to eat crow. 

8 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

Of course their demeanor is completely different. One of them only has to run the ball. It’s a bit different when you are throwing to guys that are not in the same page all the time. 
But those quick RPOs looked good. We need to hit. A few more of those.

To date we don’t know if RA has improved or the same . So far with the safe throws he has done well. IMO it’s not fair to hold him to last years numbers. How can he do any worse throwing the ball. Maybe the receivers will give better effort 

6 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

And he keeps telling us how much talent we lack. 

I mean, we do though.  Gonna take more than one class to turn this ship around for anyone because the hole was so deep.  The offense was absolutely dead in the water last year after Harsin managed to run our only legit playmaker at WR off (Hudson) just to make sure we had absolutely no hope.   O-line is better but not great, RBs are excellent, TE is better but not great, QB + WRs are about the same.  More work to do before we can win against good teams in the SEC.  Gotta find a QB AND a WR or two who can actually play.

What's really surprising is how incredibly good the defense has been, overall.

1 minute ago, WarDamnDoc said:

I mean, we do though.  Gonna take more than one class to turn this ship around for anyone because the hole was so deep.  The offense was absolutely dead in the water last year after Harsin managed to run our only legit playmaker at WR off (Hudson) just to make sure we had absolutely no hope.   O-line is better but not great, RBs are excellent, TE is better but not great, QB + WRs are about the same.  More work to do before we can win against good teams in the SEC.  Gotta find a QB AND a WR or two who can actually play.

What's really surprising is how incredibly good the defense has been, overall.

Kirby and Nick both turned UGA and Bama around in one recruiting class unless I’m mistaken did they not?   

Just now, e808 said:

To date we don’t know if RA has improved or the same . So far with the safe throws he has done well. IMO it’s not fair to hold him to last years numbers. How can he do any worse throwing the ball. Maybe the receivers will give better effort 

Just to remind you how football works, it can be worse by throwing the ball to the other team. 
With that said, what the hell, give him a shot. At least it will settle the debate.

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I say a full half of Robbie would generate more than 113 yards of offense.  Who in their right mind would say anything other than “what have we got to lose”?  

Even the Nick Marshall zone read option with Ashford with play action mixed in would be better than this putrid offense we have.