Is it a bad look that we always fire coordinators?

TeamZero77

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

$21.7 million - Big Deal

$15.575 million - Big Deal 

$2.45 million - NOT a Big Deal 

I don't see why one's coaching preferences affects the ability to distinguish between a "big deal"

I get the degrees of bad thinking. But vaporizing $2.5m is still something that could  be redirected to get the top national qb prospect or similar. $ arent infinite and at some point mindlessly churning through coordinators just looks…  goofy (being kind).

40 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

Familiar rhetoric going on here. Just not seeing how HF is any different than GM. 

That is yet to be seen.  Harsin brought his offensive coordinator from Boise State as an offensive analyst in 2021.  Harsin fired the WR coach 4 games in and the analyst was promoted to WR coach.  Harsin fired Bobo and that WR coach became the OC.

CHF could do the same sort of thing, we will have to wait and see if it a genius move, or something to be concerned about.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Not sure what the thread title means..."we ALWAYS fire coordinators". For one, that's factually inaccurate and misleading in a major way. 

It would greatly surprise me if we didn’t lead in the number if OC’s in last 10-15 years.

• Like 1

It's like dating someone.  Every person you date seriously, you are looking/hoping they are the one.  Unless you luck out with your high school sweetheart, you keep dating other people until you land on the one.  I don't take it as an embarrassment we are still searching for the right coordinator.  I am not embarrassed that I have had 7 serious girlfriends before I found my person.  Neither should we be embarrassed that we have gone through multiple coordinators over the last few years.  On paper they were good hires, but were not good fits for us.  It happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

It's like dating someone.  Every person you date seriously, you are looking/hoping they are the one.  Unless you luck out with your high school sweetheart, you keep dating other people until you land on the one.  I don't take it as an embarrassment we are still searching for the right coordinator.  I am not embarrassed that I have had 7 serious girlfriends before I found my person.  Neither should we be embarrassed that we have gone through multiple coordinators over the last few years.  On paper they were good hires, but were not good fits for us.  It happens.

With as much as we have paid some of them, we married them and paid a huge divorce settlement . Lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

With as much as we have paid some of them, we married them and paid a huge divorce settlement . Lol

People laugh at Harsin but he is essentially retired for a job that I believe I could’ve performed the equivalent of. Dude is living his best life at the expense of Auburn. Glad it is not my money. 

• Like 2

"Is it a bad look that we always fire coordinators?"

(1) We don't *always* fire coordinators.

(2) It's a far worse look when the offense or defense plays like crap and you keep the coordinator.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DAG said:

People laugh at Harsin but he is essentially retired for a job that I believe I could’ve performed the equivalent of. Dude is living his best life at the expense of Auburn. Glad it is not my money. 

I swear I could have hired a staff from this forum and gotten the results and I would have recruited better

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I swear I could have hired a staff from this forum and gotten the results and I would have recruited better

Exactly this man got paid huuuuge and did s*** nothing, PURPOSEFULLY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

A staff from this forum.... who would have been your OC and DC?

On 10/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, Dwayne Pride said:

If we do, I don’t think it will have anything to do with performance on the field.  If the rumors are to be believed, then it’s personality conflicts.  

Maybe they’ll mitigate that, somehow..

3 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Some of them were expensive call girls for one night stands.  

Alright now Dewayne, that hits just a little too close to home, doesn't it?  😬

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Maybe.... but also.

Cole: So recruit, you ever said an unkind word about Neiko Thorpe?

Recruit: Maybe... when I was a kid. Like once?

Cole: Get the F out of my office!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And I'd pay @Mims44 whatever money he'd need to keep him AWAY from the team. Gotta get the bad influences out!

Come on Cole, I'd keep a beating stick handy for anyone who even thought of using the "Toast" nickname :lol: 

And I'm actually salty that I'm doing the "keep away" thing now for free.

Found out yesterday I got some dudes I know gonna be on the field for AUs game tomorrow, honoring veterans. Dude had an extra veterans ticket and didn't tell me till he had given it away already.

If anyone here sees a giant goofball marine down on the field, make sure and tell him to be a better friend to Mims. :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'd run my own defense and I'd have @bigbird as my oc, or if I had to hire both Bird as my DC and my man that was a tight end for Auburn that posts on here every so often. I don't know why I can't think of his handle right now.

I'd hire them because I think everyone on here would agree they are both knowledgeable but also coincidentally we all think alike. I'm sure I've disagreed with them before but 9 times out of ten we saw things similarly and when we didn't we just simply talked about it. I don't get hurt when someone disagrees with me and they don't either. When someone disagrees with me I ask why and the logic behind it, I feel like they do too but even if they don't they always post their logic when they post. 

Then I'd bring my man loof out of retirement and have him do something but he's a great communicator and I know he'd be vital to team sticking with each other. And I'm sure I could think other roles for a few other guys that would help. 

Someone like @DAG to monitor the kids social media. Or actually Dag has a medical background so I'd get him to do that and he could give me his opinions, maybe @NoALtiger. He would just matter of factly tell people that's a stupid thing to post change it. But with his demeanor you'd know it's nothing personal it is stupid. @W.E.D definitely with social media stuff as well. They could partner up. 

I'm forgetting my guys name that I think either graduated from ole miss or grew up in the area, I could tell you if I was just sitting down and thought about it, but he'd be a good QB coach I think. If not the coach the handler. @Barnacle

Have someone like @ellitor keeping an eye on recruiting and pair him with someone like @abw0004. He's definitely going to sell the school. 

@GTNupe11 @autiger88 @cbo community relations stuff. State would love us. 

I mean it's funny but I bet when you think about it I'm paying these guys at minimum 200-250k to do the jobs I really think they'd do incredible jobs in their particular roles. I think we'd do a decent job. But I know we'd recruit better than Harsin got paid all that money for. 

And I'd pay @Mims44 whatever money he'd need to keep him AWAY from the team. Gotta get the bad influences out!

I will accept social media manager for 350k and produce some sick edits for HS kids and riz em up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'd run my own defense and I'd have @bigbird as my oc, or if I had to hire both Bird as my DC and my man that was a tight end for Auburn that posts on here every so often. I don't know why I can't think of his handle right now.

@Malcolm_FleX48

We'd have a hell of a team! 

We should have fired Harsin for cause with a reduced buyout....incompetence is a cause.

I think our current staff knew the passing game was crap as early as the Samford game.  We could have run all night long but we chose to work on the passing game....and it still stunk.  I watch others teams (& think of Mike Leach) that dink and dunk then finish games with 250+ yards passing, yet we refuse to do that.  Very frustrating!