Did we have any players who would have started for UA tonight?

TuscaloosaTiger

4 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I'm disappointed that we lost tonight, but in hindsight did we realistically have any players who would have started for UA?  If so, then who?

Tonight was not about player quality. We held our own with Bama for 3 1/3 quarters. Stupid unforced mental errors by unprepared players lost us the game. 

And to answer your question, yes. A few secondary players would start. I think Hunter would at least be in the rotation are running back if not starting. 

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Dislike 1

Who cares? We blew that game and let them escape with a victory. That is now we came within one possession of two best  SEC teams 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who cares? We blew that game and let them escape with a victory. That is now we came within one possession of two best  SEC teams 

Looks like these topic will be standard in case of a loss. Who starts where or the team doesn’t have enough talent. If that was the case they would have gotten blown out like the other talentless team

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Why is this even being asked? Better question…. Would the Alabama coaching staff won the game with this roster

Conversely. Would the Bama staff had us even in this game?

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Looks like these topic will be standard in case of a loss. Who starts where or the team doesn’t have enough talent. If that was the case they would have gotten blown out like the other talentless team

Exactly..People need to make up their minds. 

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Don’t be hyperbolic. Our running backs are good. They just have no support. 

I didn't say the RB weren't good. But they wouldn't start at Bama. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

37 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I'm disappointed that we lost tonight, but in hindsight did we realistically have any players who would have started for UA?  If so, then who?

Coy Moore? >jk<

31 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Tonight was not about player quality. We held our own with Bama for 3 1/3 quarters. Stupid unforced mental errors by unprepared players lost us the game. 

And to answer your question, yes. A few secondary players would start. I think Hunter would at least be in the rotation are running back if not starting. 

These guys had to play above their talents to even have a chance. So, yes, player quality is an issue at Auburn.  How you can say losing last week and this week are both about coaching? Last week, more so; this week, they held their own until the game necessitated someone make a play. They didn’t.  Period.

• Like 3

Just now, Swamp Eagle said:

These guys had to play above their talents to even have a chance. So, yes, player quality is an issue at Auburn.  How you can say losing last week and this week are both about coaching? Last week, more so; this week, they held their own until the game necessitated someone make a play. They didn’t.  Period.

We blew multiple plays at the end of the game, not just the one. If we didn’t muff the punt, we probably could’ve ended the game. Even after the score, all we needed was a field goal to tie. Yet Thorne had no sense of urgency on that last drive. No one was focused at the end of that game. Last week, nobody was focused for the entire game. 

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not just the last 4 min of the game. It's a cumulative effect. Our DL couldn't get pressure during most of the game. A few sacks could change the complexion of the game. 

It absolutely WAS about the last 4 minutes. Cumulatively, they were in a position to win. They failed to make plays in the moment; it was too big. Talent will help eliminate that.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not just the last 4 min of the game. It's a cumulative effect. Our DL couldn't get pressure during most of the game. A few sacks could change the complexion of the game. 

Cmon bro u can’t expect a two or three man front to get a sack with 5 blockers. I will say more speed at linebacker would have helped

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's really not that hard to understand LOL

But it’s not that simple. If it were that simple, I’d be with you. Tonight, we broke solid runs behind our offensive line. We had some big passing plays. When it came time to finish the game, we lost focus and crapped the bed. 

Edited by ScotsAU

But it’s not that simple. If it were that simple, I’d be with you. Tonight, we broke king runs behind our offensive line. We had some big passing games. When it came time to finish the game, we lost focus and crapped the bed. 

It is that simple. You’re blinded by your ilk towards Hugh.

• Like 1

But it’s not that simple. If it were that simple, I’d be with you. Tonight, we broke king runs behind our offensive line. We had some big passing games. When it came time to finish the game, we lost focus and crapped the bed. 

Most games come down to a few plays. Could or should we have won? Yes... To me it's a testament to Freeze for us to be in the game. Go back and look at all the cats on here score predictions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Think so? Keep studying the posts in this forum.

Just looking at body types on TV is all I need to do. In most cases it looks physically like JV vs Varsity

• Like 1