Did we have any players who would have started for UA tonight?

TuscaloosaTiger

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not just the last 4 min of the game. It's a cumulative effect. Our DL couldn't get pressure during most of the game. A few sacks could change the complexion of the game. 

Agree. The mere threat of a sack could’ve changed the game. We don’t have the personnel to do that right now. 

How do u get the mere presence of getting a sack when rushing 2 or 3 against 5. Especially at  the end of the game when ur guys are tired. That makes no sense. 

8 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just looking at body types on TV is all I need to do. In most cases it looks physically like JV vs Varsity

I've noticed that as well. Starting around Saban's 2nd or 3rd season, their players started looking alot bigger. Derrike Henry was a monster but Bo Scarborough made Henry look like a high schooler. Georgia and LSU have looked similar as well for several years. 

I'm sure most top programs have been a step ahead on their nutrition but also a step ahead on PED's and beating the testing. 

Even when we have won SEC titles and our 2010 Natty, our players looked like regular college athletes. Not like the Hulk like most of these Bama and Georgia players look like. Hell, Jalen Milroe looks like a dang NFL defensive end or linebacker and he's their QB. 

9 hours ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I'm disappointed that we lost tonight, but in hindsight did we realistically have any players who would have started for UA?  If so, then who?

Jarquez Hunter, Alex McPherson, DJ James, Eugene Asante, probably a few more but I honest to god don’t pay enough attention to bama’s roster 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Just looking at body types on TV is all I need to do. In most cases it looks physically like JV vs Varsity

You can’t convince me Alabama isn’t pumping some illegal substances into those young men. Some of them are absolutely unnatural.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You can’t convince me Alabama isn’t pumping some illegal substances into those young men. Some of them are absolutely unnatural.

AU needs to open the War Eagle Supper Club back up

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Maybe they are injecting the hair dye that Saban uses in them

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

But it’s not that simple. If it were that simple, I’d be with you. Tonight, we broke solid runs behind our offensive line. We had some big passing plays. When it came time to finish the game, we lost focus and crapped the bed. 

You are correct on our rushing but our passing game was not good. Actually our passing game was horrible. 6 for 17 with 2 interceptions. Not even close to balanced. Our pass pro was not good.

Edited by creed

9 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

"Tuscaloosa"Tiger: tell us you're a Bammer without telling us you're a Bammer. 

I can assure you that no AU fans suffer more than those of us who live in Tuscaloosa after a loss to UA. Just wondering if my screen name were SylacaugaTiger if you would have accused me of being a Bammer?

3 minutes ago, TuscaloosaTiger said:

I can assure you that no AU fans suffer more than those of us who live in Tuscaloosa after a loss to UA. Just wondering if my screen name were SylacaugaTiger if you would have accused me of being a Bammer?

I dont envy u at all, bro. It's bad enuf up here where I'm at

A good example of talent masking coaching errors... .Mike Bobo didn't do Diddly squat at AU. He goes to GA and lights in up w their offensive talent. You gotta have material.  I know many on here disagree, but talent acquisition trumps game day coaching. Jimbo Fisher would be an exception,  although he did have 1 great class

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

McPherson would start! Maybe a few others. 

Maybe the reason the coaches decided to rush 2... was because when they rushed 5 or 6 throughout the game, they got nowhere near milroe. Why not put those extra players back and maybe have a chance of a breakup. Probably should have rushed 0! Dare the guy to take off running and come up and try to stop him.

If we had done that and he scored, this board would have melted down. If we had rushed 5 or 6, not got there and they scored, this board would have melted down. If we rushed two, with a spy, and they scored this board DID melt down. Basically anything short of a win and this board would have melted down. And with a 99.9% chance of winning, it's understandable.

I'm sure 10 years ago, the bammer boards had lots of melt downs with many people shouting for saban's head! Same in 2019, when they had an illegal substitution! I bet the rest of their fans are pretty glad it didn't happen.

6 hours ago, e808 said:

How do u get the mere presence of getting a sack when rushing 2 or 3 against 5. Especially at  the end of the game when ur guys are tired. That makes no sense. 

The most frustrating loss of my Auburn fandom. Conceptually we should’ve rushed 4 or 5 on the last play. If we had Derick Hall and Colby Wooden and Zakoby McClain, sure. But we have nothing close to that. Our d line and LBers are the slowest and least athletic we’ve had in years. Nothing from the first 59 minutes of last nights game indicate rushing more would’ve helped with the personnel we have. So we should’ve, but there’s zero evidence it would’ve made a difference. An easier fix for last night would’ve been for the DBs to understand that the only way for you to lose the game is let someone behind you. But we did it anyway. 

Some of you I just can't understand. So a couple of years ago when I was bringing up needing talent with Harsin the same people that's talking about talent now argued against that.....and especially when I was talking about Auburn needs to be invested on how they treat their players it was all a big joke.

Many here did the well bye and laughed called players soft and all of that.....now here we are........and now it's all about we don't have the players......Idk, I'm assuming those of you that are now concerned you have a change of heart because now you have a head coach that you like so now you'll accept an excuse but it's mind boggling to me. 

44 minutes ago, gabo4au said:

McPherson would start! Maybe a few others. 

Maybe the reason the coaches decided to rush 2... was because when they rushed 5 or 6 throughout the game, they got nowhere near milroe. Why not put those extra players back and maybe have a chance of a breakup. Probably should have rushed 0! Dare the guy to take off running and come up and try to stop him.

If we had done that and he scored, this board would have melted down. If we had rushed 5 or 6, not got there and they scored, this board would have melted down. If we rushed two, with a spy, and they scored this board DID melt down. Basically anything short of a win and this board would have melted down. And with a 99.9% chance of winning, it's understandable.

I'm sure 10 years ago, the bammer boards had lots of melt downs with many people shouting for saban's head! Same in 2019, when they had an illegal substitution! I bet the rest of their fans are pretty glad it didn't happen.

Yeah. I don’t get the vitriol over that play. They HAD to go to the end zone. There was no other option. Our players knew that and still did not defend the end zone, well at least one did not. It was a 1 in 100 play and unfortunately, they made it. 
If the ball is knocked down, no one mentions it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Some of you I just can't understand. So a couple of years ago when I was bringing up needing talent with Harsin the same people that's talking about talent now argued against that.....and especially when I was talking about Auburn needs to be invested on how they treat their players it was all a big joke.

Many here did the well bye and laughed called players soft and all of that.....now here we are........and now it's all about we don't have the players......Idk, I'm assuming those of you that are now concerned you have a change of heart because now you have a head coach that you like so now you'll accept an excuse but it's mind boggling to me. 

If that is directed toward me , then yes I made some of those statements about the non investment in players. I was wrong on that point. I didn't realize it had got to the point it had. I'm not sure of the point your making on making excuses now for Freeze vs Harsin though.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

If that is directed toward me , then yes I made some of those statements about the non investment in players. I was wrong on that point. I didn't realize it had got to the point it had. I'm not sure of the point your making on making excuses now for Freeze vs Harsin though.

No if it was directed to just you I would have tagged just you, I'm pointing out many of you, I don't know if it would be accurate to say a majority or not.

My point is what I stated though you are right we need a talent upgrade in the worst way but it starts with the recruiting and it seems like freeze is attacking that. It's wasn't a laughing matter when it was being talked about then.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

No if it was directed to just you I would have tagged just you, I'm pointing out many of you, I don't know if it would be accurate to say a majority or not.

My point is what I stated though you are right we need a talent upgrade in the worst way but it starts with the recruiting and it seems like freeze is attacking that. It's wasn't a laughing matter when it was being talked about then.

I was willing to give Harsin a chance till he proved otherwise,  which he did. That set us back 2 yrs. 

I also think Freeze is working his butt off recruiting.  I can't remember the last time that's happened.  I get ripped on here for talking about talent, or lack there of.  But give me talented team and alot of these bad coaching decisions are made up for

• Like 2

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

I was willing to give Harsin a chance till he proved otherwise,  which he did. That set us back 2 yrs. 

I also think Freeze is working his butt off recruiting.  I can't remember the last time that's happened.  I get ripped on here for talking about talent, or lack there of.  But give me talented team and alot of these bad coaching decisions are made up for

If you get ripped for saying we need more talent then whoever is ripping you don't have a solid understanding of football

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

Probably should have rushed 0! Dare the guy to take off running and come up and try to stop him.

Definitely, that was my biggest issue with the defensive call. But even that doesn't negate allowing a receiver to get behind us. Inexcusable.

1 hour ago, gabo4au said:

I hate seeing grown men act like children. 

I'm pretty sure nobody would have complained if he didn't use a spy though. I know we have some wild posters on here but i feel like I can say that confidently.

16 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Most games come down to a few plays. Could or should we have won? Yes... To me it's a testament to Freeze for us to be in the game. Go back and look at all the cats on here score predictions. 

That's a story as old as time with AU fans. 

Prior to game....."We don't stand a chance."  "we will stay close for a half and they will pull away"   " We don't have a player that would be in their 2 deep" etc etc etc.   ....but then when we play above our talent and have a chance to win and just can't quite seal it for whatever reason....."Fire the staff!!!!" 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm pretty sure nobody would have complained if he didn't use a spy though. I know we have some wild posters on here but i feel like I can say that confidently.

This ^^^^^^

That's the only part of the equation I can't understand. If it had been 4th and G from the 12 or 15...or even the 20 I could understand a little more.....but the spy is absolutely useless in this scenario. So what if he takes off.....we have 8-9 guys that just have to stop him from gaining that 31st yard