Did we have any players who would have started for UA tonight?

TuscaloosaTiger

4 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Think so? Keep studying the posts in this forum.

Maybe we shouldn't be trying so hard to get all these 4 and 5 * recruits. Sabans coaching blunders are covered up by 5 * players. Same for Kirby

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It is that simple. You’re blinded by your ilk towards Hugh.

He actually was very much defending Hugh last week 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

It is that simple. You’re blinded by your ilk towards Hugh.

No I’m not. I already addressed this. Take a look at the original OP from this thread last week: 

I defended him aggressively last week. I thought it may just have been players mishandling our win streak. My opinion shifted after tonight. I am not writing him off yet. But I no longer have complete trust that things are going to be better.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not just the last 4 min of the game. It's a cumulative effect. Our DL couldn't get pressure during most of the game. A few sacks could change the complexion of the game. 

Correct.  Our DL is decent against the run, but seems like Arkansas is the only team we got pressure on their QB this whole year. Definitely not tonight.. This will change in the next 2 years with recruiting; so will our lack of receiving talent.

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Most games come down to a few plays. Could or should we have won? Yes... To me it's a testament to Freeze for us to be in the game. Go back and look at all the cats on here score predictions. 

My prediction was expected it to be similar to the Georgia game and could Auburn get over the bump . Guess I got my answer. I am sorry u can’t play two top ten teams toe to toe and have no talent.  The people keep saying this but the stats don’t support the talentless claim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

Correct.  Our DL is decent against the run, but seems like Arkansas is the only team we got pressure on their QB this whole year. Definitely not tonight.. This will change in the next 2 years with recruiting; so will our lack of receiving talent.

Hopefully 

Our DL looked honestly comparable to their DL while facing a superior OL. I know their edge rushers are this and that, but most of the sacks I can think of were with them having extra men in the box or in veryyyyy long passing downs. Harris might honestly be the best edge rusher in this matchup over the course of his 3 games…

Our contain just wasn’t there and our linebackers…outside of Asante, I don’t even know who you worry about as a spy if you’re Milroe. As far as our secondary, I would guess Pritchett or Simpson, but that’s just a guess. I would’ve told you DJ is better than Arnold before this game though 

36 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

No I’m not. I already addressed this. Take a look at the original OP from this thread last week: 

I defended him aggressively last week. I thought it may just have been players mishandling our win streak. My opinion shifted after tonight. I am not writing him off yet. But I no longer have complete trust that things are going to be better.

Oh, so you suddenly have a handle on things. Sounds a lot like knee-jerk to me.

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Oh, so you suddenly have a handle on things. Sounds a lot like knee-jerk to me.

Last week was the opposite of a knee jerk. I was literally telling everyone knee jerking over the NMSU loss to calm down. How is that knee jerk?

4 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Last week was the opposite of a knee jerk. I was literally telling everyone knee jerking over the NMSU loss to calm down. How is that knee jerk?

The fact that you’ve been at both ends of the spectrum might qualify.

• Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

The fact that you’ve been at both ends of the spectrum might qualify.

Or maybe my opinion just changed. Good grief. Did you even look at the OP from last week? My whole point was that the jury is out on freeze and we shouldn’t make too many inferences from one bad game… After tonight, we’ve now had 2 back to back games where focus has been an issue. That’s not talent. That’s coaching. 

SMH… It’s line talking to a brick wall. 

Im done arguing with you. If you actually look at how I was arguing last week, there’s no way you can really think I hate Hugh Freeze (your original assertion) and that I’m acting impulsively. It’s weird. You’re accusing me of being blinded with no evidence, but you’re clearly seeing what you want to see on your opinion of me right now.

This Auburn fan is done with this conversation.

Edited by ScotsAU

FYI Mids. There’s a user a called kingfish that is doing nothing but thumbs downing responses all over the board right now. Might be a Bama fan in disguise. Should look into it.

Just now, NWALA Tiger said:

Could be worse. A&M is hiring Mark Stoops. Folks in Aggie land are bout to bust an artery

Stoops is a good coach. He got about all he could out of UK. They just refuse to put money into football instead of basketball. Not sure how he’ll do. But I wouldn’t call it a bad hire.

1 minute ago, ScotsAU said:

Stoops is a good coach. He got about all he could out of UK. They just refuse to put money into football instead of basketball. Not sure how he’ll do. But I wouldn’t call it a bad hire.

Not known for his recruiting acumen or creativity on the offensive side of the ball. Doubt he keeps Dameyune Craig. Come on down Cam Coleman 

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not known for his recruiting acumen or creativity on the offensive side of the ball. Doubt he keeps Dameyune Craig. Come on down Cam Coleman 

He’s not recruited top prospects to UK, but their recruiting was actually better than it’s been under previous head coaches. It fell off as of late because UK wasn’t really supporting football NIL very well. 

As for offense, he’s had some good coordinators. But he’s generally handed the offense off to the coordinator. On the flip side of that, they fielded some pretty good defenses under stoops. 

So, I don’t think it is a bad hire. That said, I do think he’ll have to show something on the field to recruit super well. I think it’s a good hire, but it’s not a sexy hire. So yes, I think we’ve got Coleman in this class.

Edited by ScotsAU

5 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

He’s not recruited too prospects to UK, but their recruiting was actually better than it’s been under previous head coaches. It fell off as of late because UK wasn’t really supporting football NIL very well. 

As for offense, he’s had some good coordinators. But he’s generally handed the offense off to the coordinator. On the flip side of that, they fielded some pretty good defenses under stoops. 

So, I don’t think it is a bad hire. That said, I do think he’ll have to show something on the field to recruit super well. I think it’s a good hire, but it’s not a sexy hire. So yes, I think we’ve got Coleman in this class.

The folks over in Aggieland disagree. They melting down over there. Stoops earns 9 million a yr at KY. Shocking. He has a 52% win %. I'm in the wrong profession 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

The folks over in Aggieland disagree. They melting down over there. Stoops earns 9 million a yr at KY. Shocking

Yeah. I understand why. When you just fired your coach that you paid well above sticker price for, fans want a sexy splash hire. Isn’t always the best option to do that though. That’s how they ended up with Jimbo to begin with.

On defense, Simpson and James might be in their DB rotation. (Faulk would eventually work his way into their DL rotation). 

On offense, Hunter would be in their RB rotation.

However, I can't think of anyone who would be a clear #1 guy on their squad. 

So, yeah, there's a major talent gap that's even larger than it usually is. It's a miracle AU was even in it.  It should have been a 38-13 type of game. 

• Like 2